Due To Rich Toyota Supply Of Drivers, Busch Sends Warning To Gilliland To Pick Up Pace

Damn! You take this sh!t so personal and now you have let this kid get deep under your skin.

[QUOTE="Revman, post: and that is the reason Kyle doesn't care. Kyle's ego alone wouldn't tolerate that if he had to endure more of Todd.[/QUOTE]

it gets even more entertaining when he starts answering for them

SMDH. Woodshed...figuratively. As in calling him out publicly. Yup, KB's team, but KB has funding....and Toyota has their Driver Development Program.
Got it. Woodshed implies an ass kicking to me. KBs comments to me were a guy belittling another he knows can do or say nothing to defend himself. One thing to do it in the ship/office, another to publicly do it.

I don't think it's a big deal, and I don't think Kyle does either. It seems you may be taking Todd's comments to Kyle a bit personal? I doubt Kyle is. And I don't see anything wrong with the way Kyle or Todd handled themselves this year.

Allow me to normalize this.

Let's look at the facts. TG is 18, and had already been working under Kyle for a few years, since he was what, 16,17? Kyle is an adult. While Kyle has his moments, he's still 34 years old. Gilliand is a kid. 18 IS a kid. Kyle called him out publicly earlier this year as a final warning, which probably upset him. Kyle likely knew this. Todd is probably out of KBM Motorsports this year. Already knows Kyle is ready to move on from him. The professional relationship at this point was effectively over PRIOR to this race.

Todd wins... Knowing he's out, and is basically saying "**** you man, I won". Tit for Tat. A kid sticking it to his boss. He's a kid. It doesn't reflect badly on Kyle, it hardly reflects badly on Todd.. I doubt Kyle is shocked or surprised or even bothered. Kyle's visit to VL shows this. But imo, demonizing an 18 year old kid for behaving in a somewhat expected / normal manner given the context seems a bit reactionary.

From Kyle publically warning Todd months ago, to Todd FINALLY doing something, to him sticking it to Kyle, and to Kyle shaking his hand.. everything about this to me seems just so damn normal lol. Kyle does what he can to motivate / warn his driver on his last straw. An 18 year old kid with a teenage mind takes it personal, and figuratively says "f you boss, my two weeks notice was already put in by your call". All normal

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Exactly. "F you man, I won". I think I like them both more now, Todd broke through and unleashed all his frustrations, Kyle takes it in stride as master motivator, they both meet in victory lane.

Maybe Kyle goes to bat for him in the future since he reminds him of himself.

No, I really don't, but thanks for reading. I take nothing personal on a message board. Truly.
You have convinced yourself and that's a start.:) That being said, I always enjoy reading your posts and I respect you for your knowledge about Nascar racing and Toyota in general. But when you are pissed off enough to call a driver a little bitch you have let that driver get under your skin imo. Now lets see what happens next for the kid. I definitely think KBM is not the best place for him due to the bad tension going on between him and the owner of KBM. But who really knows they may turn out to be the next HMS/Jeff Gordon combo.

Last edited:
Come on man, an 18 year old or a 40 year old talking like that to the guy signing the checks is not normal. In fact, it's counterintuitive. I don't think Roger Penske is falling all over himself to inquire about a one win kid who presents as Jimmie-like, and then at the moment of truth when most thank those who helped him get there, talks that kind of crap. Additionally, I don't think David rolls that way. I agree, I think Todd is gone, and that is the reason Kyle doesn't care. Kyle's ego alone wouldn't tolerate that if he had to endure more of Todd.
It is counter intuitive. But it's not surprising to me at all, things like this happen.

Exactly. "F you man, I won". I think I like them both more now, Todd broke through and unleashed all his frustrations, Kyle takes it in stride as master motivator, they both meet in victory lane.

Maybe Kyle goes to bat for him in the future since he reminds him of himself.
I don't think he does.

I just don't think it's that abnormal for someone to behave like that.

It's wrong. Sure. But it's normal

Very

Very cool, no big names like that in my part of the Midwest. How long since you've been on a bike? I havn't raced in over 20 years, last time I road a dirt bike was about 10 years ago.
Fun memories, if I'd of known the technical things I know now, I'd of gotten farther. I was all throttle, hit every corner as fast as I could and had to pretty much park it to get off. I had the natural ability but no coaching at all.
I still get on a bike every now and then. My buddy has a dual sport that I have access to.

At any rate, there's going to be an all-new KBM line-up in the Trucks next year, I'm 90% sure. The other drivers that have come in to race part-time have done almost as much if not more than Gilliland and Burton have in a full season.

I'm glad Todd won, but I think the bed has already been made. Full-time at DGR-Crosley?

Back
Top Bottom