Eldora Million

First 20 laps blew by. I think Larson was just rolling around out there biding his time.

Well that sucks. Thought we were maybe going to get a clean and green race. The restarts are treacherous.

Good couple nights for Reutzel until he lost it and wadded up a quarter of the field.

Well, no one can complain about Larson winning now. A lot of fast cars just got wiped out.

If Rico's holding back, I'm guessing we'll find out shortly now that he just gained about 3-4 spots. Same with Donny.

Happy for Logan, Bobby Allen, and Shark Racing. Well earned. That race didn't have as many turns as it could have. Not much conservation necessary with the tire changes, but they didn't want a race marred by a bunch of flats. The fast groove on the top was still really dicey, and the drivers did an excellent job overall.

Other than the payday. The race was kind of a snoozer. I think the best car won, but wonder how it would've performed starting 6th. Bayston was up 8 positions into 6th at the fuel stop and then got collected the next lap. Donny and Rico both passed 3 cars for the feature and 4 dnf"d in front of them. Kofoid ended up hard charger . Lotta hype, and well deserved because of the payday. Gonna be interesting to see how many hang around for the KR.

The program took way too long. Us working people had to bail on it before the feature even started.
I wound up getting about 4 hours sleep, but that's just as much because I'm on my last day at my current job as it is the Eldora Million. Woke up just thinking about all the stuff I had to get done to feel OK about leaving without having screwed anyone too badly.

Other than the payday. The race was kind of a snoozer. I think the best car won, but wonder how it would've performed starting 6th. Bayston was up 8 positions into 6th at the fuel stop and then got collected the next lap. Donny and Rico both passed 3 cars for the feature and 4 dnf"d in front of them. Kofoid ended up hard charger . Lotta hype, and well deserved because of the payday. Gonna be interesting to see how many hang around for the KR.
Seeing a dominant performance is just fine for me. He absolutely had the best car from Qualifying yesterday to the feature last night. I don't need them to tie a guys hands behind their back so we can see if he can overcome the odds. If anything, it's a better story that way. We don't have to say "but Larson wrecked!" when Larson was never in serious contention to win. They started life as a plucky underdog family team and managed to dominate a race featuring some of the greatest dirt racing talent of all time.

So glad Shark Racing walked away with the million. I remember some years back watching these guys on their first trip to Florida for speedweeks. They were running like complete novices, doubt they even made it out of the C main. Their growth over the years have been enjoyable to watch. A few years ago we camped next to the team at the Port and they won a WOO show. They partied all through the night like they won the lottery.
Good folks...all of them...then there is Scruffy at 80 getting to experience the cool million.
Awesome stuff!

Some guy had a crystal-clear Twitch stream of the Flo feed. Watched from the second heat through the A main and it never got whacked. Seemed almost miraculous really.

I thought Macedo may have had something given how close he got towards the end of the first stanza. But then he just got beat after the break.

Larson already won a $1M race a couple of months ago so I think he’ll suffice for a bit.

i always hate it when the guy running last drive full speed in to a wreck that 18 cars got by.i was yelling at my tv ,dont hit him,then there comes this guy.that was about 1 foot from being really bad. but that was a great winner.cool guys.

Weird how Eldora has done these Million events as mid-week precursors to their crown jewels, and now the Kings Royal feels like a bit of an afterthought. Definitely ready for more though.

Weird how Eldora has done these Million events as mid-week precursors to their crown jewels, and now the Kings Royal feels like a bit of an afterthought. Definitely ready for more though.
And don’t forget the Doty as well. Heck Heat 1 was Larson, Sweet, Macedo & Scelzi. That’s just insane

Seeing a dominant performance is just fine for me. He absolutely had the best car from Qualifying yesterday to the feature last night. I don't need them to tie a guys hands behind their back so we can see if he can overcome the odds. If anything, it's a better story that way. We don't have to say "but Larson wrecked!" when Larson was never in serious contention to win. They started life as a plucky underdog family team and managed to dominate a race featuring some of the greatest dirt racing talent of all time.
All I'm saying is that he drew the pole, which was good for him. I'm ecstatic that Shark team won. Much better than Sweet or Macedo for me. Ive been a Larson fan since 2004. Ive seen him win enough. Hated to see him crash out, but realistically, there were still 30 laps left to go, so you certainly couldnt count him out. Even with Larson in at the End, I feel the 1S still wins..

Back
Top Bottom