F1 2020 News/Misc.

Today it's been 10 years since Vettel wrecked himself and Webber at the Turkish GP.
This race was one of the first F1 races I watched. I'm still a little mad Webber couldn't win the world championship, 2010 was a great season.

Mercedes is denying the rumors they are semi folding. And that Toto Wolff will be the team's principal beyond 2020.

[/QUOTE]
Today it's been 10 years since Vettel wrecked himself and Webber at the Turkish GP.
This race was one of the first F1 races I watched. I'm still a little mad Webber couldn't win the world championship, 2010 was a great season.
I legit cried when he crashed at Korea that year.

The second race at Red Bull Ring will be called "Grand Prix of Styria", the second race at Silverstone will be the "70th Anniversary Grand Prix".

Oh no never mind. It's later this month.

I must've confused it with something else starting this weekend. Cant remember

Ross Brawn says given extraordinary circumstances the series won't have to meet the requirement of hosting races on three different continents to award a world championship. The only races that are reported to be "solid" outside of Europe are Bahrain and Abu Dhabi towards the end of the season.

Given some of the cancellations still to be announced, events at places like Imola, Mugello, and Hockenheim are still under consideration. And for the love of God, do not make us watch Sochi twice.

Sochi - Great to drive in F1 games, not so great to watch in real life. I think its time has come and gone, to be completely honest. I've fallen alseep on maybe two or three of those Sochi races. It's not often I fall asleep watching F1 either.

Imola and Mugello are a big yes, however overtaking at Imola will be extremely difficult. I would be vying to keep Hockenheim on the calendar as well.

Interesting. This is the "Outer Circuit" being discussed.

800px-Bahrain_International_Circuit--Outer_Circuit.svg.png

I’m guessing Hockenheim, Sochi again, and one of Imola/Mugello. Sochi twice will be some good sleeping in time.

RTL just announced that their 30th season of covering F1 in Germany will be their last. Their best year was 2001 with 10.44 million viewers per race, last year the average was around 4 million.
RTL said they will focus their sports coverage on soccer in the future.
I'm not surprised at all, especially given that we likely won't have a German driver in F1 next year.

RTL just announced that their 30th season of covering F1 in Germany will be their last. Their best year was 2001 with 10.44 million viewers per race, last year the average was around 4 million.
RTL said they will focus their sports coverage on soccer in the future.
I'm not surprised at all, especially given that we likely won't have a German driver in F1 next year.
To go from six German drivers in the field in 2010 to possibly none almost ten years later.

Absolutely insane to think.

To go from six German drivers in the field in 2010 to possibly none almost ten years later.

Absolutely insane to think.
The article says it would be the first time since the 1991 British GP without a German driver. Incredible.

One of the last things F1 really needed was another country to potentially go exclusively to pay TV.

The article says it would be the first time since the 1991 British GP without a German driver. Incredible.

One of the last things F1 really needed was another country to potentially go exclusively to pay TV.
I think when Mick is ready for F1, I think the attention will return a bit.

I just hope Ferrari do not rush him through the system, give him time.

I think when Mick is ready for F1, I think the attention will return a bit.

I just hope Ferrari do not rush him through the system, give him time.
I'm sure he will replace Kimi at Sauber once he retires.
Sky has signed a "long-term" deal which mandates them to air 4 races per year on free-TV. I guess some old Schumacher fans might restart watching once he gets to F1 but there won't be another boom again, even if he starts winning at some point.

That said, I don't know any die-hard F1 fans. This region is MotoGP country and ServusTV is doing a great job with the telecast.

This guy will lose his mind at Renault, I can almost guarantee it. Regardless of budget cap is there any way this is actually the “right opportunity” to return to?

This guy will lose his mind at Renault, I can almost guarantee it. Regardless of budget cap is there any way this is actually the “right opportunity” to return to?

Guess its true now, BBC and ESPN F1 are reporting it.

Well, you never know how things will turn out. Maybe third time with Renault is the charm?

Guess its true now, BBC and ESPN F1 are reporting it.

Well, you never know how things will turn out. Maybe third time with Renault is the charm?
Next year he’ll be driving the same midfield car they’re running this year, which is maybe the sixth-quickest car right now? Then what are the odds Renault knock it out of the park right out of the gate with the new rules in 2022? He’ll be 40 when that season starts. I’m not sure how it pans out well. It makes the future of Zhou and maybe Lundgaard a little more uncertain too.

If he just wants to race F1 again, great, but banking on Renault becoming great again in near term is pretty ambitious if not delusional, IMO.

Next year he’ll be driving the same midfield car they’re running this year, which is maybe the sixth-quickest car right now? Then what are the odds Renault knock it out of the park right out of the gate with the new rules in 2022? He’ll be 40 when that season starts. I’m not sure how it pans out well. It makes the future of Zhou and maybe Lundgaard a little more uncertain too.

If he just wants to race F1 again, great, but banking on Renault becoming great again in near term is pretty ambitious if not delusional, IMO.
I guess that's what he is banking on. If Renault can get the rules downpact, then yes it certainly is worth the risk. At the same time, driving the current R.S. 20... We'll see, I do not trust Renault from a reliability standpoint. They have had so many electrical gremlins with their cars, not to mention previous engine issues. It's the reason why I was against Alonso coming back, love the guy as a driver, but his bellyaching is going to get tiring quick. Renault better have it together or prepare for the slander.

Sainz would be an interesting choice as well. I was kind of hoping Alonso would return to McLaren or Renault, though.
:)
I'd love to see Fernando back, but I don't know if he is doing himself a favor by returning. He is not going to win a lot or compete for a championship. It would be a sensation if he gets to win another race.

Why do they keep propping Fernando up like he's some kind of pioneer? I haven't seen a driver be so hyped up like he is.

He's a terrible person to manage. He's burned down every bridge with every team he's raced for and some still want him back. I dont understand that.

I’m convinced at this point Alonso and Kimi are going to keep on getting F1 rides forever. Alonso coming back makes zero sense considering it’s Renault

Why do they keep propping Fernando up like he's some kind of pioneer? I haven't seen a driver be so hyped up like he is.

He's a terrible person to manage. He's burned down every bridge with every team he's raced for and some still want him back. I dont understand that.
Talent and brand mostly. If he weren't so talented people wouldn't overlook his attitude and keep signing him.

I do admire globe-trotting Fernando...winning and competing across various series when it was apparent the McLaren F1 project would be a long haul. In that sense he's a bit of pioneer, a lot of the stuff he did many didn't even think about doing beforehand.

Fernando is going to burn Renault on the radio to embers by the Monaco of next year. Just shocked he wanted back in so bad that he went with them. This has to mean it’s now over for Vettel in F1 which is more shocking to me. Either way I can’t wait till we get to the Alonso portion of the F1 Netflix series, should be a dandy those episodes.

Fernando is going to burn Renault on the radio to embers by the Monaco of next year. Just shocked he wanted back in so bad that he went with them. This has to mean it’s now over for Vettel in F1 which is more shocking to me. Either way I can’t wait till we get to the Alonso portion of the F1 Netflix series, should be a dandy those episodes.
I think Vettel goes to Aston Martin (Racing Point) next year.

Daddy Stroll’s baby boy doesn’t stand a chance against Vettel.
I think Perez is expendable with more money coming in for the team.

Hear me out, Perez replaces Grojsean at Haas next season. Haas gets a needed influx of cash and another steady hand with Magnussen.

I like Lance, he's a very good driver. I just feel if he had a season or two in F2 to develop he would be further ahead of the curve. His Dad literally hindered his son's growth as a driver, I feel as if he could be a really good driver. Maybe not WDC potential, but is a good mid-field driver with podium chances. Maybe a couple of wins, I feel as if a lot of criticism is really unnecessary on Lance.

I think Perez is expendable with more money coming in for the team.

Hear me out, Perez replaces Grojsean at Haas next season. Haas gets a needed influx of cash and another steady hand with Magnussen.

I like Lance, he's a very good driver. I just feel if he had a season or two in F2 to develop he would be further ahead of the curve. His Dad literally hindered his son's growth as a driver, I feel as if he could be a really good driver. Maybe not WDC potential, but is a good mid-field driver with podium chances. Maybe a couple of wins, I feel as if a lot of criticism is really unnecessary on Lance.
Wow. I must be really misinformed, someone on the interwebs going to bat for Lance. He has somewhat improved from Williams, maybe you’re not wrong but yea he’s not a WDC material in my eyes,

Wow. I must be really misinformed, someone on the interwebs going to bat for Lance. He has somewhat improved from Williams, maybe you’re not wrong but yea he’s not a WDC material in my eyes,
His primary weakness is his qualifying speed.

He's a very clean racer, one of the more underappreciated wheel-to-wheel passers/racers in the field. Very good race pace, an excellent wet weather driver. He's about as well rounded as they come, but the results need to show on a more consistent basis to make people quiet down.

Do people hate Perez? They basically destroyed him on the Netflix show.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom