F1: 2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix

Mazepin is mega trash. Hass deserves him.

The fight between Red Bull and Mercedes looks like a continuation. I like these shorten practices, it's like a mini race because they just go full tilt from the green.

They moved the DRS detection point to before the final set of corners and made the DRS zone longer so there should be some more overtaking at a place normally very hard to pass at.

I’m liking the pace from Ferrari and Gasly so far.

I still get a sad weird feeling every time I see a race at this track. I went to a Road Atlanta
race that afternoon after Senna had passed in the morning. The paddock was was eerily
quiet and blah that whole afternoon.

Mazepin is a bit of a mess so far. Even if he had 50% more skill , I'm afraid he would
still be in the final 2.

LeClerc surprised me with that error in FP2.

Would like to see a competitive quali session, preferably a split front 2 rows.

Mclaren has some good pace here. Hoping for a good result from them tomorrow. Super excited for Checo. It will be fun to watch the strategy unfold for RB with the split strategy.
Bottas is going to have to be on his A-game this season, Sainz is going to have to battle through the field.

I thought Checo would take a little more time in adjusting to the car, but he looks comfortable.

Fun to see Checo getting the results. He's deserved a top ride for a long time.

I'm sure Hamilton will still find a way to win again, but as least Red Bull is making him work hard for it.

A little disappointed Gasly wasn't in the middle of this, but he is close enough to take advantage if the leaders trip over each other. This could be the best GP we have seen in quite a while.

Interesting qual session. They are enforcing track limits with force this week which is a nice thing to see.

Couple of takeaways:

The rookies this year are insufferable. They think they own the series. Listening to Mazepin and Tsunoda's radio you'd think they own the team they are on. So cringe inducing.

The Sky Broadcast commentators has been pathetic thus far. It's making me miss Karun. He needs to replace Crofty. Yikes

Red Bull finally have the strategy advantage. Usually it's Lewis and Bottas doubling up on Max. Should be an interesting one. Valtteri will have his work cut out for him, those are some dogs in the rows ahead.

Imagine firing the guy who out qualified Max Verstappen for Sebastian Vettel’s corpse lol
And that team also has the audacity to complain about how the floor changes affected them worse than most when they essentially carried forward a 2019 Mercedes and now can’t respond like Mercedes actually know how to. I don’t feel bad for them at all.

And that team also has the audacity to complain about how the floor changes affected them worse than most when they essentially carried forward a 2019 Mercedes and now can’t respond like Mercedes actually know how to. I don’t feel bad for them at all.
Speaking of which, Stroll has honestly looked solid so far.

Just able to eek out that much more out of the car compared to Seb and it shows. Seb has a major uphill battle in terms of qualifying pace especially, never thought I'd say that either. The rear end was not agreeing with him today and he struggled.

IMO ever since Vettel was screwed out of the win at Canada 2019 he just hasn’t been the same driver. Whatever magical elixir that caused Jimmie Johnson to become a Joe overnight in 2017 after 3 wins in the spring of that season must’ve effected Vettel as well. It’s really random how some of the all time greats just seemingly overnight don’t have it anymore. I’m worried Kyle Busch is headed down the same path

First front row start for Checo in his career. We're talking about Max all the time but Perez could also win several races if Red Bull lets him.
I have to volunteer tomorrow at the local Ironman event, I might just have to ease out of there early...
The downside of living in the only place where Ironman events are allowed

Sainz has had a few excursions now.

Bottas being caught by Russell for P10 potentially ain't the look.

Norris has gapped Ricciardo pretty handily so far. Not sure that they swapped early enough for Lando to get within 10 seconds of Perez though.

IMG_20210418_153746.jpg

Bottas being caught by Russell for P10 potentially ain't the look.

Lol Stroll is pulling him. Lol

Bottas needs to be dropped if they have real thoughts of competing for constructor championships. Hamilton has a ****** car and he’s going fine.

Back
Top Bottom