F1 2023 News/Misc.

The days of cars being 600, 650, 700kg are long gone. They are definitely too long, too wide, and too heavy though, and the plan is to reduce the dimensions and shed 30-35kg for the 2026 regs.
What did the cars used to weight and how much difference is there now?

What did the cars used to weight and how much difference is there now?
25FE9281-1D38-4589-B769-28FB2329452C.jpeg

FWIW, 2023 will once again be 798kg due to changes in Pirelli tire construction. They requested it themselves with 1.4kg in sidewall strength changes.

Bikes take down another motorsports person...

I used to ride about 4000 miles, and I still wiped out a few times. Webber got messed up once and Conor McGregor just got hit by a car (uninjured) a few weeks back. Even if you are on the bike every day you can still screw up or get caught in someone's else's screw up.

F1 TV Pro going on sale for 64 dollars. Think it's pretty sweet so I grabbed.

20% is a pretty terrible discount. I think I'll pass.

The initial price itself is not bad whatsoever. 80 dollars for the entire F1 season, F2, F3, Porche supercup, which obviously includes every practices, driver's and team principal press conferences, qualifying, pre race, race, post race.

I subbed for a month last year to try it out and definitely thought would go for the whole season this year. You also get onboard cameras angles, ambient sound if you dont want to hear the broadcast, radio communication, real live timing.

Here we go...

AND Aston Martin broke down already.

It was probably more like 15kg to start the season and 7.5kg by Miami, but this is still a big improvement from RB to start.

I know it's merely testing, but Alonso pulled out a surprise. Mercs are still lacking speed but have no porpoising, Ferrari looks to be about where they were last year, and Red Bull probably has the best car.

Mercs are still lacking speed but have no porpoising,

Even if that was true, there's no way they'd show everything they have while testing. Toto even said they're hiding their true pace.

“We are still hiding a little bit. You need to wait also for when the softer tyres come onto the car.”

Their car breaking down is more concerning but then again, good it happened on testing.

If Mercedes does have the speed, imagine them, Red Bull and Ferrari joined by Alonso in the Aston all running up front.

This is huge news:

AlphaTauri needs to move back to England or be sold off.

My fault for not buying enough AT fashion.

Hitech GP is the favorite? Really? Are we absolutely sure Mazep*n has truly dissolved all interest in the team?

I was wondering what the first casualty of Mateschitz’s passing would be though.

My fault for not buying enough AT fashion.

Hitech GP is the favorite? Really? Are we absolutely sure Mazep*n has truly dissolved all interest in the team?

I was wondering what the first casualty of Mateschitz’s passing would be though.
Mazepin is still involved with them?

I think Hitech cut all ties with Mazepin.

Mazepin is still involved with them?

I think Hitech cut all ties with Mazepin.
Supposedly their new money is from Dubai, but I would not at all be surprised if Dmitry still had money there.

When Nikita raced in the AsLMS races in the UAE the last two weekends he rocked up with a brand new British-flagged team no one had ever heard of, and Google searches turned up nothing. There were rumors Hitech was involved in some capacity, maybe them in a different name.

Will be fascinating to see if Aston, Mercedes, and Alpine all converge on third place. It’d be awesome fun to see Alonso vs. Hamilton on equal footing again.

On the other hand, very disappointing from McLaren. They’ve been public about missing their aero targets and being too draggy, and probably will be towards the back until at least Baku. If they have another bad season I wonder at what point Lando starts searching for another ride.

F1 is getting downright crazy.

Back
Top Bottom