F1 Silverstone Grand Prix

Hamilton needs to get by Leclerc fast and make at least 5 seconds on track.

Holy crap what a brutal start to have missed. Glad Verstappen is mostly okay.

They were going to wreck each other at some point the way they were racing

Yeah, they have been flirting with this. Max has certainly gone way over the line in the past. If roles were reversed here, Verstappen would not be getting anywhere near the deference that Hamilton is.

A penalty for Hamilton is warranted. Probably a more severe one if it were fully logical. This isn't NASCAR or the short track. If there is avoidable at-fault contact resulting in a crash, the at-fault driver is penalized. There is no "Aw shucks, we was just racin', **** happens."

Lando pit problem, Leclerc’s engine randomly cutting out…

DoVyVsdWsAM5ETN.jpg

Hamilton drops in 5th. That is not bad.

If Bottas can’t do the job, he’s getting relegated to Third. Right guys?

Hamilton really on one today. Flying out there. That wreck though in a points battle like this makes me feel really uneasy. Shouldn’t be going full send on a flat out corner like that, Max probably was concussed from that incident.

Even in NASCAR that’s going to get you punched afterwards on a non short track. If you made that move at Michigan it’d be thought of the same way

Vettel laying down is so sad. He doesn’t even try to fight any more.

there are going to be a lot of lap 1 penalties in the next races,
if the stewards stay consistent with todays ruling.

there are going to be a lot of lap 1 penalties in the next races,
if the stewards stay consistent with todays ruling.

I think it’s more so the situation. It’s okay if you make contact at a slow speed corner where someone goes around. An all out corner though? Nah man

I think it’s more so the situation. It’s okay if you make contact at a slow speed corner where someone goes around. An all out corner though? Nah man

Funny how when this happened it was a “racing incident” and now Hamilton has grown horns. BAN HIM!

Even at this pace Hamilton will barely just get there but I don’t see how he makes the pass.

I thought Max left the door wide open. Lewis was in the apex and all four wheels in the track limits.
Max chopped and that was the ball game. IMO.

Got a good finish shaping up.

Yes, that was a great win for the country.

I just saw a replay, but I would like to give it a few more looks. There was a lot of chopping, blocking and swerving going on.

The way Max was swerving around like a drunk and carving up Hamilton at every opportunity, I lay this one squarely on Max, who races like a dumbass that doesn't know he can get hurt. Max was going to run Hamilton over before he gave him enough room, so Hamilton's only options were to give Max the win, or race him and risk an accident. Not saying it was on purpose, but Hamilton didn't owe him any room either and no one could blame him if Lewis just decided to give Max a little lesson in respect.

"There I was, driving like an @sshole....." Niki Lauda, from Rush ........... And history repeats itself yet again.

Max ruined his own race. All Max had to do was give Hamilton just a little more room, and he had an entire race distance and the faster car to catch and pass Hamilton. This is not how you win a championship.......... not in the barriers. Max just threw away at least 18 points, and more likely all 25... just because he wouldn't give Hamilton that extra 1/4".

No sense in getting excited about it because this is simply how it is and how the FIA wants it. This kind of thing has been happening since Senna and all the way through Schumacher. This is just how F1 is. No dirty trick is too much. Chop, block, swerve and run people off the road. Most of the time you'll get away with it. I don't know why we have any rules at all because we don't follow them. Don't believe me .... check the rulebook.

But hey, the good news is we could end up with a close championship.

Good to see Cole Trickle back at the track.

At first I thought it was Gordon. They look alike like no one I’ve seen.

Regarding Hamilton best driver. Period.

Zero business getting a podium let alone a win.

Dramatic finish. I don't exactly find it as satisfying as the British TV crew (and crowd) do given the way the race began. I would feel much the same way if Verstappen had done the same, so it's not fandom of any one driver.

I'm utterly disgusted, Lewis only got a ****** slap on the wrist and then won, in spite of putting his championship rival in the hospital..

Good to ****** know that as long as you are their Golden Boy, Mercedes International Assistance will only give you slaps on the wrist no matter what..

I hope he chokes on it

I'm utterly disgusted, Lewis only got a ****** slap on the wrist and then won, in spite of putting his championship rival in the hospital..

Good to ****** know that as long as you are their Golden Boy, Mercedes International Assistance will only give you slaps on the wrist no matter what..

I hope he chokes on it

10 seconds is the second worse penalty you can get on track. The worst is stop and go with 10 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom