Fall/Winter Weather Thread

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
It's warmed up now but it sure was cold this past weekend. Winter is right around the corner. Weather here is gonna suck all week dark, cloudy, rainy.

Hate winter. Using a forearm aka Canadian crutch in snow or even worse on icy walks suks.

pretty bad when even the spotter frequencies are dead quiet on the radio.

Just poured 5.5 inches out of the rain gauge --- because that is all it holds. It was overflowing. Had 2.5 yesterday, so that's 8 inches that I know about --- no telling how much more came down.

It's due to hit us tomorrow morning and we need it but not all at once over an eight hour period.

Did you have any damage between the drought and flooding TRL?

It came through here fast so no damage and not too much rain.

Johali, the consequences of the drought in 2011 are really beginning to show up. We had rain last year, but the dry summer this year was the last straw. Dead trees are the norm around here, now.

Johali, the consequences of the drought in 2011 are really beginning to show up. We had rain last year, but the dry summer this year was the last straw. Dead trees are the norm around here, now.
That's really tough but I do know how you feel. When a big Hurricane comes through we are on the water but 58' above sea level so no water damage to the house from the surge but the worst part is the salt water and spray blows in on the property everywhere and kills some of the trees and all of the grass, flowers, shrubs just about everything and that's a long term loss that takes years to recover from. I hope you can save some of them and the weather turns better for you.

Prolly gonna need an undershirt Sunday. Temps are expected to dip into the low 70s. Brrrrrrrr!
hahahah ....sunday high here is supposed to be 46, nice, I'm ready for snow and so are my 2 Malamutes!

232323232fp733_9_nu=32_2___3_637_WSNRCG=35;6543__6337nu0mrj.jpg 232323232fp73397_nu=32_2___3_637_WSNRCG=35;6535293337nu0mrj.jpg

67 at 4;15. Last night was uncomfortable. Wish we hadn't pulled the window a/c's..

It's really cold here, 54 degrees and supposed to drop to 47 tonight Brrr.

It's really cold here, 54 degrees and supposed to drop to 47 tonight Brrr.

Yeah J..I feel ya. It's getting pretty chilly here in Atlanta...I'm thinking seriously about breaking out a sweater at some point :whoopee:

Down to 32 here tonight and tomorrow night, AAARRRGGGHHH I'M IN FREAKIN FLORIDA.

Supposed to be down in the mid-twenties here in Atlanta tonight and tomorrow night...we need it...it was so warm last winter that we got bugs walking around with gray beards.

27* and sunny @ 9:12 am. Worst thing is that in a month or two we'll be wanting it to 'warm' up to 27*:(

Depends on how much runs off into the lakes. Unfortunately, this rain is too late to save a lot of trees.

Have you read the book "The Time it never Rained" written by Elmer Kelton? It is one of the best books I ever read and depicts the time spent in Texas in the mid-fifties as well as the attitude of people during that time.

49 degrees, raining and the wind blowing like hell, but no daisies growing on my chest yet so It's a good day. :)

Back
Top Bottom