Fall/Winter Weather Thread

It is perfectly miserable outside -- intermittent showers, a cold 49° outside. Had to drag the sweats out again. *sigh*
Having to keep the house a bit colder than I like -- the dogs decided they wanted to sleep inside today, so thermostat is set on
"dog comfortable". Mom is sitting in front of the computer wrapped in a blanket. They have me well trained.

I don't see any racing at TMS today, whatsoever. The rain just keeps coming.

Weather yesterday was perfect. Went to South Boston Speedway to catch the Whelen Modifieds, could have worn shorts. Not a cloud in the sky, and I came home at the end of the day with a completely sunburned face. A lot cooler today.

This is the fourth straight day of severe storms. You name the warning and we have it. Enough is enough.

Type
Base Reflectivity 0.50° Elevation
Range
124 NMI
Animate MapStorm TracksTotal PrecipitationShow SevereRegional
Zoom Map Click:Zoom InZoom OutPan Map(Full Zoom Out)
WUNIDS_map
clear.gif
clear.gif

It was 80 degrees here on Sunday and close to that yesterday. There is snow everywhere outside today, although the ground is too warm for it to not melt on impact there. We are expecting a high of like 36 today.

32° this morning when I got up. Warmed to 64°, but felt much colder because of the north wind -- not a strong wind, but enough
to make it cold. Mowed the hill for a bit, but had to come in. At least the sun is shining.

Has warmed nicely this afternoon --- 73°, and bright sunshine.
Just finished mowing the top of my hill --- can't mow the bottom, wild flowers are thick and beautiful.

About 4" on the ground, less than a half inch 10 miles away, over a foot 20 miles the other way. Another commute with bad roads, this time with chunky ice giving the suspension a workout. Fortunately, it will all be gone in a day or two.

Cold and storming all night and still pouring down with a lot of wind. It's killed a lot of the stuff that already bloomed.

68° and sunshine. Got the chain saw out and got after a few limbs that had been thumbing their noses at me.
Can't work too long with the saw --- back starts hurting if I bend over too long using the saw. Oh, well, at least the
most obvious stuff got cut up and hauled to the burn pile.

I'll get after the chores "AGAIN" after this passes. There are flash floods and all kinda crap going on around here. It's supposed to clear up tonight.

Hopefully it will be gone soon but it just keeps forming and coming out of the gulf.

There's a big low just off the coast, Johali. Just keeps pumping in that Gulf moisture.

Bright sunshine and a warm 78° on the front porch.
Went out for lunch after my 'labor', and a nice nap. LOL

Rains gone but it's still overcast and very windy. Might be time for ya to start a Spring/Summer weather thread.

Back
Top Bottom