Fall/Winter Weather Thread

It's raining and cold. I miss summer time already. I can't really complain though.

1/4" of rain is unacceptable in Paradise :D
The first time I was in Los Angeles was in the spring of 1964 and a huge cold front (for Los Angeles) hit, it was in the fifties and the wind and rain lasted about three days and I was amazed because back home it was like summertime. While standing in the short sleeve uniform shirts I had with me and waiting on the rest of my stuff to catch up I was saying California weather my ass. :D

The highest the temp has been today is 42* and that was at 7AM. 3.5 inches of rain since late last night until about 15 minutes ago. More wet, cold on the way. We're looking at rain through Tuesday and cold until Friday.

Of course, my friend in Helena, Montana, is laughing at my word "cold".

60s and 70s tonight and tomorrow but tomorrow night through next Friday night lows in the low 30s and highs in the low 40s to mid 50s and rain on tuesday.

My mother inlaw In Pampa, It's 54 miles ENE of Amarillo, laugh's at us also because up there in the high plains the ground freezes by Thanksgiving and thaws out somewhere around easter. My wife can't stand the cold and I'm glad because she moved down here to escape it and met and married me. :D

Drove home from work today with the windows down, sunny and 72º. Sunday the high is supposed to be 40º

Temperatures yesterday afternoon were in the 70s, and temperatures this afternoon were in the 30s. :( Freezing Rain and Sleet is in the forecast the next few days.

Cold here today, high was 28 now 25 and windy, going to be down right cold for Pats game tonight!

22 degrees right now. 72 in the house. Woodstove going pretty good now. Plenty of wood inside for tonite and tomorrow . High of 16 tomorrow ,windchill of 6-10. Bad weather coming for Wednesday, but this is Vacation week.Good timing I'd say...
And while watching my Eskimo neighbor freeze his tookus at Foxboro tonite, I'll smile every time I put more wood in the Wood stove.And pour a little more Wine ......

I just checked the radar TRL, It look's like you're still getting your butt kicked, I hope It's not too bad. Here It's 42 Degrees 25 MPH winds and overcast. That storm is supposed to hit us tonight with temps in the low 20s and storming all night and all day tomorrow and be really cold through the weekend.

I just checked the radar TRL, It look's like you're still getting your butt kicked, I hope It's not too bad. Here It's 42 Degrees 25 MPH winds and overcast. That storm is supposed to hit us tonight with temps in the low 20s and storming all night and all day tomorrow and be really cold through the weekend.
It looks bad, but it is just light rain. It's 36*, no ice, no sleet. I think we dodged the really bad crap.

One of the few good thing's about Fall and Winter is I get to watch the "Navy Blue Angel Air Show" overhead from my place almost every weekday that it's not raining while they practice, It been nice having them based here since they first started doing them.

Last edited:
You do mean "angel", don't you? ;)

I have a special love for the Blue Angel team. My dad flew for the Navy during WWII, and kept up his hours for many years after the war. He would fly to Dallas, do some training. Call my mother as he was about to leave the base. They would both get to Ellington Field outside Houston, at about the same time --- in about 30 minutes.

You do mean "angel", don't you? ;)

I have a special love for the Blue Angel team. My dad flew for the Navy during WWII, and kept up his hours for many years after the war. He would fly to Dallas, do some training. Call my mother as he was about to leave the base. They would both get to Ellington Field outside Houston, at about the same time --- in about 30 minutes.
Yes teach I meant Angel. :oops:

The only word I can ever think of for them and what they do is Badass. We see them around here quite often at different functions and some are our neighbors and every member of the teams, from the pilots on down, are picked as much for their great personalities as for talent and prowess at their job.

60 degrees and been raining since early this morning even though the forecast was and still is 20% for today.

When I moved to Arkansas in May, they told me our snow storms usually occur in March. Well it's December and we've got the potential for up to eight inches Thursday and Friday!

First slippery commute of the season; no one in the ditch and almost everyone slowed down to an appropriate speed - there's always a couple going too fast but I didn't expect to see a couple cars driving so slow (barely above idle) they shouldn't have been out (and one was a Subaru Outback). Snowed lightly all day and accumulated over 6" on the car by the end of the work day. An Alberta clipper is coming in tomorrow so it will dropping from the upper 20's to below zero tomorrow, Alberta clippers come with a lot of wind so there will be a wind chill. Tomorrow will be nasty.

Supposed to be 72 here tomorrow, followed by a really cold, really wet weekend.

My Mother in law in Pampa, 55 miles NE of Amarillo Texas just called about the weather up there. It is the worst winter storm she has seen in many many years so TRL, Mike Honcho and the rest of you in the way of this thing be prepared and very very careful. They say the power will probably be off in most places and the roads shut down for several days. Everybody in the way of this thing let us know how you are doing. Good luck.

When I got up at 7AM, it was 44*. An hour later, it's 40* with a gusty north wind. I hit the store yesterday and got provisions for me and the pups. If it gets icy, we'll just button up and stay in the house.

Temps in Raleigh high of 74 today, 77 tomorrow, 49 Saturday and a high of 40 Sunday and a low of 38, rain expected every day. Since I can't do anything about it, I'll live with it. Beats the weather in New Jersey.

I hope magnethead, majestyx, mike honcho and others are staying inside. It is TERRIBLE in Ft. Worth and Dallas.
I'm one the southern edge of the crap --- so far we've been above(just) freezing with a little rain. No sleet/snow/ice as of now, but could
get it over the weekend.

I also hope everyone to my NW has power --- lines are coming down up there like crazy.

About 20 minutes ago, Big Dog decided it was time to get outside to pee, get some b'fast, and make the rounds. Both have now holed up in their houses.

Heard from majestyx --- fortunately she didn't have to go in to work and she still has power. No word from anyone else, yet.

Thanksgiving I snuck some turkey to our dog. DAYUM!

Back
Top Bottom