Fall/Winter Weather Thread

Cool, damp and overcast --- got the big mower out and spent an hour going after the pesky weeds.
My trees are falling over from lack of rain --- the weeds are growing like gangbusters. *sigh*

1969223_10151987914734149_1519137459_n.jpg
Will this Winter/Spring ever end/begin?

View attachment 12807Will this Winter/Spring ever end/begin?

This is what that storm is going to leave behind after it passed over where I live, in the 30-45+ cm zone.

Personally, I don't mind the snow/storms but I do find it extremely inconvenient if it causes extended power outages. This one is being accompanied by 130 km winds so I think I'll check the generators tomorrow, just in case.
thumb.jpg

Lit off the house generator yesterday,and the camper portable as well. Just in case...

Weather people called for up to two inches of snow today and tonight. So, naturally, we have over five inches and still falling and expected to continue for several more hours.

The weather people are always wrong. All the time.

e="mike honcho, post: 749554, member: 4526"]I finished cutting my grass and checking the sprinkler system:D
Thats Just mean....[/quote]
I did say I checked the sprinkler system.I didn't turn it on just yet.:D Supposed to rain the next 2 days.Then I will turn it on.

This is what that storm is going to leave behind after it passed over where I live, in the 30-45+ cm zone.

Personally, I don't mind the snow/storms but I do find it extremely inconvenient if it causes extended power outages. This one is being accompanied by 130 km winds so I think I'll check the generators tomorrow, just in case.
View attachment 12809

They're now claiming this storm to be more intense than the Perfect Storm of 1991 but even the meteorologists have to create extra drama to be noticed these days, so who the hell knows. LOL

The weather is terrible here in Fort Worth. We've got to suffer through another day in the 50s tomorrow before we reach the nice and warm 80s on Thursday. :(

We have quite a but of snow everywhere right now. It's been in the 20's for about a week now. But, it's supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow so this will all be gone.

If this trend keeps up we may not need to color Easter eggs this year, we may just be able to hide them in the snow just as white as they come out of the pot.

60* here today. 26,000+ people at the Pensacola NAS and thousands more at the beach watching the Blue Angels practice. I watched from my place with a cold BL in hand. I get to see them practice regularly.

Andy you need to change the title of this thread to read "fall/winter/spring freeze" or "never ending winter 2014". Or even better yet "global warming Ha".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom