Fontana Auto Club 400 Thread

Hamlin injured in last lap wreck at Auto Club UPDATE & Statement: In a wild finish, #22-Joey Logano was leading the Auto Club 400 Sprint Cup Series race at Auto Club Speedway at the white flag and #11-Denny Hamlin was next to hm a few feet behind the #22. The two drivers raced hard and got into each other on the backstretch, sending Logano into the outside wall and #11-Hamlin hard into the inside wall, which has no SAFER (for some reason). After climbing from the car under his own power, Hamlin laid down and was put on a stretcher and then an ambulance and taken to the infield care center. Hamlin was them taken by helicopter to a local hospital. #18 crew chew chief Dave Rogers was interviewed by SPEED's Kenny Wallace and said that he talked to team owner J.D. Gibbs and supposedly Hamlin has some back pain and was taken to the hospital as a precaution.(3-24-2013)
UPDATE: #11-Denny Hamlin was airlifted to a hospital after a hard single-car crash at the inside wall on the final lap of Sunday's Auto Club 400. Hamlin was awake and alert in the infield care center before being transported, but was taken to the hospital for further evaluation. A helicopter was used due to post-race traffic. Hamlin was helped from his car after the hard hit and seemed to collapse outside his car after he had pulled the window net down. He was taken by ambulance to the infield care center, where crew chief Darian Grubb hurried inside to check on the driver. Hamlin's girlfriend, Jordan Fish, tweeted Sunday night: "Thank u everyone for your messages concerning Denny. Darian is keeping us posted. He's alert n awake, main concern is his back.(USA Today)
JGR STATEMENT: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) driver Denny Hamlin was involved in an accident on the final lap of Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway. Hamlin complained of lower back pain at the track's infield medical center and was transported to a local hospital for further evaluation. Hamlin will remain at the hospital overnight for observation. No further updates are expected tonight.(JGR)(3-25-2013)

Like I said, you can say it all you want, that doesn't change the facts. Get over that. :)
Well.. your opinion doesn't change the future does it? You'll see.. Logano is great!! Kyle sucks! You're wrong! Period and Ill just keep saying it lol.. just pretty much to troll you now because I don't like you. So hope your ready :) Also... really? You don't see Joey pushing Tony back instantly? You must be watching a different video than THE REST OF THE WORLD.

Also.. did you see how fast Joey got out of his car when Tony cut him off? Denny could have been out of the car, he didn't exactly hurry out.. Joey swung back at Tony, which is something most guys probably wouldn't do. Anyone who says otherwise is just foolish, including yourself.

burnt toast is finished, he isn't making friends on the track. He'll be paying the price, too bad Roger will be footing the bill for torn up race cars.
How many times has ol' DW and others told us abut the car on the bottom getting loose when trying to pass in the corners? Last lap or not bt tried the 8 tires better than 4 trick and his being a idiot caused the wreck. 4 years in the series and he's still a little twerp.
Tony is PO'd about the restart block but I think he's also PO'd about a decent run turning to poop because of a twerp

burnt toast is finished, he isn't making friends on the track. He'll be paying the price, too bad Roger will be footing the bill for torn up race cars.
How many times has ol' DW and others told us abut the car on the bottom getting loose when trying to pass in the corners? Last lap or not bt tried the 8 tires better than 4 trick and his being a idiot caused the wreck. 4 years in the series and he's still a little twerp.
Tony is PO'd about the restart block but I think he's also PO'd about a decent run turning to poop because of a twerp

Tony is a whiner. He slipped in his interview and admitted he had a tire problem BEFORE that last restart, so what the hell was he doing dive bombing Logano like that? When he realized what he said, he quickly added '..but that [his tire problem] didn't make what Joey did OK'. What an ass. Your tire problem caused you to finish bad, not anything Logano did.

Then Joey is waiting to talk about it like a man, and Tony pulls his hair. What a dik.

How many friends did Kyle Busch make on track on his way to wins? How about Rusty Wallace? Darrell Waltrip? Dale Sr? or pretty much any other great driver in the history of NACAR? You don't make friends going for the win. Every winning driver makes some enemies along the way, and I think this is just the beginning for Joey. I think any driver would rather have the win than the respect of the driver they are racing for it... hey thats a good one.

Tony is a whiner. He slipped in his interview and admitted he had a tire problem BEFORE that last restart, so what the hell was he doing dive bombing Logano like that? When he realized what he said, he quickly added '..but that [his tire problem] didn't make what Joey did OK'. What an ass. Your tire problem caused you to finish bad, not anything Logano did.

I like Tony but seriously? This is the same guy that took out a good portion of the Talladega field with a similar move last fall. Pot, kettle.

I think those cheap shots are going to cost Tony on and off the track.

The other lunatic #14 from Texas taught Tony well....He cheap shoted Emerson Fittapaldi in the pits @ Indy after a race back in the day.....

Tony doesnt realize that messing with #22 is the same as messing with ROGER PENSKE....I really dont think you want to fawk with Roger...he might just hire Robbie Gordon to drive a third team car....We all know Tony and Robbie never been friends...

One other thing....Do you think Tony would have tried to ruff up a guy like Carl Edwards...LOOOOOOOL....Carl would make quick work of Tonys lame arse in seconds......

The other lunatic #14 from Texas taught Tony well....He cheap shoted Emerson Fittapaldi in the pits @ Indy after a race back in the day.....

Tony doesnt realize that messing with #22 is the same as messing with ROGER PENSKE....I really dont think you want to fawk with Roger...he might just hire Robbie Gordon to drive a third team car....We all know Tony and Robbie never been friends...

One other thing....Do you think Tony would have tried to ruff up a guy like Carl Edwards...LOOOOOOOL....Carl would make quick work of Tonys lame arse in seconds......

this is the key as far as I'm concerned. I've NEVER seen Tony get physical with anyone. So he finally gets tough with a guy he thinks is a scared little kid? Bullying, pure and simple.

I always thought Tony was a self serving ass, but his whining, hair pulling, personal insult attack on Joey is way over the top. Roger Penske already weighed in and put Tony in his place.

I hope he is okay too, yesterday they were saying he was airlifted only to avoid the traffic.
Thank's Greg, I never thought about the traffic situation, I guess traffic would have been pretty bad at that time.

Also.. did you see how fast Joey got out of his car when Tony cut him off? Denny could have been out of the car, he didn't exactly hurry out.. Joey swung back at Tony, which is something most guys probably wouldn't do. Anyone who says otherwise is just foolish, including yourself.

Don't forget, Joey had his helmet off too and he didn't back up either. Hamlin, on the other hand, hid in his car and let his pit crew take care of Joey. Tony hasn't run in the front this year and he has been trying to. He knew how $$$$important it was to get up to the front in the last laps$$$. If he got up there and blew a tire and took out the whole field, it would still be good for Tony$$$. He is hurting for sponsorship, not only on his car, but also Newman's. So it pissed him off, and Tony has never been an anger management poster child.

Does anyone know what position Hamlin restarted in after the lug nut issue? Man, he must've flew through the field.

Well.. your opinion doesn't change the future does it? You'll see.. Logano is great!! Kyle sucks! You're wrong! Period and Ill just keep saying it lol.. just pretty much to troll you now because I don't like you. So hope your ready :) Also... really? You don't see Joey pushing Tony back instantly? You must be watching a different video than THE REST OF THE WORLD.

Gosh, way to hurt my feelings!!! :(

What I have said isn't OPINION, it's FACT. How hard is that for you to understand? I have statistical FACTS to back up my claim. What you continue to spew is the opinion. DangCorky, keep up.
Hope I'm ready? Lulz.

What in the blue blazes are you talking about??? I never once said Joey didn't push back. Reading comprehension fella, get some. I said he should have thrown a punch. How's that sound like "Joey never pushed back"??? As a matter of fact, lets review an earlier post, shall we?

All he did was push.

Ummmm, pretty much sounds like I said he did push.

If ever someone needed to push back ,Joey needed to. Sometimes you don't get that perfect opportunity but if you assert yourself , others will notice . He'll get a bit more respect now (on track).

Let's see, Tony parks directly in front of Joey, so Joey knows Tony is coming. Joey parks nowhere near Denny, Joey runs across the pit area, so Denny has no clue Joey is coming. How do you not see the difference? Jesus man, get over it. Your driver b*tched out and went after a guy strapped in the car instead of waiting until he got out. End of story. There is no way for you to possibly spin it otherwise. The world witnessed it. Joey didn't swing at Tony until there was 10 guys between them. If Joey had any balls, he would have swung on Tony as soon as he saw him coming. He had PLENTY of time to land a few hits if he wanted to. How many times do we have to go in circles about this?

If ever someone needed to push back ,Joey needed to. Sometimes you don't get that perfect opportunity but if you assert yourself , others will notice . He'll get a bit more respect now (on track).

I still think he had a perfect oppurtunity to rid himself entirely of being pushed around by everyone, and he blew it.

Let's see, Tony parks directly in front of Joey, so Joey knows Tony is coming. Joey parks nowhere near Denny, Joey runs across the pit area, so Denny has no clue Joey is coming. How do you not see the difference? Jesus man, get over it. Your driver b*tched out and went after a guy strapped in the car instead of waiting until he got out. End of story. There is no way for you to possibly spin it otherwise. The world witnessed it. Joey didn't swing at Tony until there was 10 guys between them. If Joey had any balls, he would have swung on Tony as soon as he saw him coming. He had PLENTY of time to land a few hits if he wanted to. How many times do we have to go in circles about this?

Don't think "Balls" had anything to do with it. Tony rushed him and the crews pulled Tony back so fast, all Joey could do was throw something at him as Tony was flying backwards. This ain't about who is the best boxer, but who gets to be on the podium at the end of the year? And Denny's deal? not only did he not attempt to defend his intentional dumping of Logano,(remember.. podium) he lied about it, said he was sorry and he didn't mean to do it..Then he character assassinates the other driver publicly, belittles him in the media. Yeah he was sorry about it all right..B.S. Makes for good racing. Hamlin ends up in the wall. If Denny had kept his mouth shut and really been sorry and talked it out with Joey, there might have been some respect shown in the closing laps. We will see what Denny does with that. Will he limp around on crutches all week and try for the "bad Joey" he went crazy on me victim role, or will he say that's racing, can't wait until Martinsville. Stewart isn't going to do crap but run his mouth, he knows he had better start finishing higher, he has too many mouths to feed and he needs sponsors badly.

Don't think "Balls" had anything to do with it. Tony rushed him and the crews pulled Tony back so fast, all Joey could do was throw something at him as Tony was flying backwards. This ain't about who is the best boxer, but who gets to be on the podium at the end of the year?

When you are the whipping boy in the garage, balls has everything to do with it. Just simply getting in a shoving match with your crew around isn't going to do anything to get rid of that image. What will? Throwing punches at Tony Stewart. Watch the video again. Joey had plenty of time to get some haymakers in there. He pussed out. Joey missed the opportunity to show he won't be pushed around anymore. Now he's still going to be the whipping boy in the garage. I'm not saying Joey's a p*ssy because he didn't throw punches, I'm just saying he missed a perfect opportunity to rid himself of that reputatation and send a message to all the other drivers at the same time.

As for your rant about Denny, not sure what that has to do with what I said in that post. Lol

Image is for pro wrestling..whipping boy? That is your opinion, I see a likable kid who has many fans and is a good spokesman for the sport and a straight shooter. So if you want to disrespect that, fine. But remember, they pay ya for how you finish. In your case, Joey is going to be a highly paid whipping boy of the garage. Guess you can call him names when he is standing up on stage at the end of the year if he makes it and that is what he is "fighting" for. He sure helped his chances this week of doing so..Much better than at Bristol when Hamlin dumped him right in the middle of the corner when he was running second.

Image is for pro wrestling..whipping boy? That is your opinion, I see a likable kid who has many fans and is a good spokesman for the sport and a straight shooter. So if you want to disrespect that, fine. But remember, they pay ya for how you finish. In your case, Joey is going to be a highly paid whipping boy of the garage. Guess you can call him names when he is standing up on stage at the end of the year if he makes it and that is what he is "fighting" for. He sure helped his chances this week of doing so..Much better than at Bristol when Hamlin dumped him right in the middle of the corner when he was running second.

Who said anything about image? Clearly I'm talking about on the race track among the other drivers. I never once said anything about image. I'm a Kyle Busch fan, the last thing I care about is image. Lol He gets pushed around on the race track all the time. There is no denying that. They push him around on the track because they know they can. They know he won't do anything about it.

Uh you did:
When you are the whipping boy in the garage, balls has everything to do with it. Just simply getting in a shoving match with your crew around isn't going to do anything to get rid of that image. What will? Throwing punches at Tony Stewart.

Uh you did:
When you are the whipping boy in the garage, balls has everything to do with it. Just simply getting in a shoving match with your crew around isn't going to do anything to get rid of that image. What will? Throwing punches at Tony Stewart.

Hmm lets see, I believe Joey put Hamlin in the wall, and blocked Stewart..that's not doing anything about it? Did you see the same race I did? Guess not, too busy watching Kyle I guess

Uh you did:

It's not hard to figure out I'm talking about his image on the race track and how he's treated if you've been paying any attention to what I've been saying.

Hmm lets see, I believe Joey put Hamlin in the wall, and blocked Stewart..that's not doing anything about it? Did you see the same race I did? Guess not, too busy watching Kyle I guess

Joey put Hamlin in the wall? I guess the better question is, did you see the same race I did? They had a racing incident. Joey didn't put anyone in the wall. They wrecked each other. And wow, he put a block on Stewart! WOOHOO! Big deal. Look what happened afterwards.

And yes, I was too busy watching Kyle win another race. ;)

That will be good for his image, and your hero worship. Racing incident bwaaa, Joey stood on it and slid all the way up the track and never let off. Oh I forgot he doesn't have any "balls", his throttle must have stuck open

Difference between Joey and Tony is that Tony felt bad about triggering the Talladega wreck. Joey whines and snivels all the time about drivers blocking and racing hard like that, then he does the same thing. I'm glad Logano doesn't care - but Tony's not as big an ass as everyone's making it out to be.
Tony felt bad about triggering a wreck blocking...when did Joey do that? Theres the difference..Tony wrecked the field...Joey slowed up a car that went on to finish 22nd on its own.. Tony never even had a shot at the win.

Back
Top Bottom