Fontana Auto Club 400 Thread

Nobody likes Joey because he is an a**hole.

I'm not a fan of Joey, but he was racing for the win on that final restart, and you do that by gaining as many positions as possible and not letting people pass you. He did what most other drivers would have done in his position, including Tony.

He must be a Stewart fan seeings how those are the only people who will take his side on this issue. EVERYONE blocks for the lead when there are so few laps to go. Stewarts arguments make zero sense here! Maybe he's upset that neither he or Danica has been the talk of the sport lately, so he wanted to throw himself in there somehow.

tony made clear exactly what Logano has been fighting all these years. Rich kid who never worked doesn't belong here. Dumbass.

Kudos to the Gen-6 car. Today there was passing EVERYWHERE. Drivers could run ANYWHERE through the corners, multiple grooves. Phoenix was good, Bristol was awesome. Can't wait to see this car at Martinsville!
NASCAR will NEVER fix plate racing but I believe competitive, non-plate stock car racing has been revived.

I was one who thought that the Gen6 Car would be crippled by Aero-Push issues on intermediate tracks.
Looks like I can put those worries to rest!

So far, the new car is a 9+. All they need to do now is find a way to eliminate that tire-cutting splitter!

oh ok, I can't figure out how Tony was up bumping for the lead and came in 22nd, haven't heard a thing from the media.
With 11 laps to go Joey blocked Tony on the restart and it caused Tony to lose all of his momentum and he dropped from 4th to 22nd. That is why Tony was so upset.

Yes, I would feel the same. They are racing for the win. All bets are off then.
Ok, I was just curious. It was an exciting finish that's for sure. But I would liked to have seen how it would have turned out if Joey had not taken himself and Denny out. Joey might have won .

Ok, I was just curious. It was an exciting finish that's for sure. But I would liked to have seen how it would have turned out if Joey had not taken himself and Denny out. Joey might have won anyway.
I'm not so sure that is what happened.

Well I worked today but did see the last 15 laps...and DVR'd it at home which I'm watching now...lap 33 right now.
But I saw the ending and they both lost momentum maybe when Joey moved up the track and Kyle still had speed....I don't think Joey was dirty at all

I don't think Joey intentionally wrecked Hamlin, Why risk a sure win for that?
Nascar is not likley to give any penalties, Why risk the ratings?
Tony should be pissed for a crappy finish not for what he would do himself.
As far as pit road goes and Tonys hot head interview, Why risk his well built reputation?
Hope Denny is OK.

JoLo is far from a HoF career right now.

So was DW at 22 years of age...

With 11 laps to go Joey blocked Tony on the restart and it caused Tony to lose all of his momentum and he dropped from 4th to 22nd. That is why Tony was so upset.

YEP! But Tony would have probably done the same damn thing if the situation was reversed. We all know that Tony's not afraid to throw a block! ;) And there is nothing illegal about what Joey did. Smoke needs to put his d!ck back in his pants and STFU, IMO.

I wish Danny no harm, I even wish him success, and overall I would call him a clean driver, hopefully he recovers and is healthy for Martinsville.
Danny also held his line and provided Joey room on the last lap at California and in fairness it is obvious that Joey washed up and got into Denny.
But Denny's not totally innocent and he basically dared Joey to go over the top.

1.He spun Joey out at Bristol, and the claim of only trying to rattle his cage was BS. He hit him in the middle of the corner, and he knew that Joey was going to spin prior to the rattling.
2. Then he talked garbage about Joey being a wuss and unable to keep up with him afterwards. He basically insulted and humiliated Joey as much he could. With a simple sophomoric arrogance, that was perfectly suited for his self indulging tweets at Joey "the child's (paraphrased)" expense dating back to Daytona.

3. So FF to Cali, on the last lap Denny makes a clean but aggressive run into one and by all rights he should have won the race. But after being treated like garbage all week I do sympathize with Joey.
He is finally starting to drive well in Cup and seems to be coming of age.

After the disrespect that intentionally tried to reduce him to an effeminate pansy, he needed to make a stand in spite it's flawed execution, good for him. The boy is becoming a man.
And nobody wins in a pissing contest or fight, but I do think Joeys methods will be more fulfilling.
Denny will get tired of trying be a bully after he considers the cost, he has more to lose as a title contender.

And Tony isn't as obtuse as he acted today, Joeys younger and crazier and he is proving he will not back down. Tony has had a great career and he will go down as one the greats, but he just looked like a lard based heart attack today. The self proclaimed bad-ass that is to out of shape to whip his own ass, isn't very convincing. He probably needs a golf cart , or scooter to escape walking for long periods of time around the infield. A pathetic state that is only noted after his boastful and pretentious tantrum.

My take on the finish is that Denny and Joey and Kyle were going for the win, Denny had Joey beat, Joey over-drove the corner and got up into Denny and probably screwed up the best three car finish of the decade. I believe Kyle had enough of a run that he'd have been up along side the battling 11 and 22 at the stripe.
C'est la vie. On to Martinsville.

After the disrespect that intentionally tried to reduce him to an effeminate pansy, he needed to make a stand in spite it's flawed execution, good for him. The boy is becoming a man.
And nobody wins in a pissing contest or fight, but I do think Joeys methods will be more fulfilling.
Denny will get tired of trying be a bully after he considers the cost, he has more to lose as a title contender.

I absolutely agree with this Greg.

My take on the finish is that Denny and Joey and Kyle were going for the win, Denny had Joey beat, Joey over-drove the corner and got up into Denny and probably screwed up the best three car finish of the decade. I believe Kyle had enough of a run that he'd have been up along side the battling 11 and 22 at the stripe.

I'm betting that before Joey slid up the track, that Denny's spotter had told him that the 18 was closing quickly on the outside - and he was.
Denny stayed down to give Kyle room so that there would not be contact with his teammate, which I think was a courteous move on Denny's part. Had he gone up any further, it would have been a 3-car pile-up.
When Joey slid up the track, Denny had no more room to give, cause Pee Wee was a'comin!
Was it Joey's fault? Hell No! It was the Last Lap!! Would anyone expect Joey to give Denny any "extry" room? HA!
Was it Denny's fault? I don't think so! He was going for the win. But he had also disparaged Mr. Logano publicly - and I'm sure that he was well-aware of the situation.

This is RASSIN - and rassin for the win to boot!

All bets are off and may the best man win!

Boys, have at it!!!

I said this in the other thread but I agree that Tony was mad over nothing but that doesn't change the fact that Logano is a whiny little twat that is impossible to root for.

I think Denny had another half a lane to move up, but in his position, he did exactly what he needed to do. Who remembers Carl going video game at Kansas a few years ago trying to catch the 48 in the last turn. Final corner on the last lap, it's on. Finally, track owners, if there is a wall on your track, there is a chance a driver will hit it. Even if that chance is 1 in 127,456,872, I don't care, put up SAFER barriers.

I didn't realize that Denny was airlifted to the hospital. I sure hope he didn't sustain any head, neck, or back injuries.

I didn't realize that Denny was airlifted to the hospital. I sure hope he didn't sustain any head, neck, or back injuries.

I hope he is okay too, yesterday they were saying he was airlifted only to avoid the traffic.

Logano went on to say on later interviews that he hoped Denny is ok....that first interview he was not aware of his injury. Logano meant he got what he deserved with the wreck....not the injury.

Welcome to the forum Dylan. We're here every day , don't be a stranger.

Back
Top Bottom