Ford Performance

Break
Out
Another
Thousand

As far as ford, I thought the Haas team would be doing better at this point.

The AP is reporting Mark Fields is out as CEO of Ford.He will be replaced by Jim Hackett ex CEO of office furniture maker Steelcase.He is known as a notorious cost cutter,anything not involved with getting products out the door gets cut.

There goes racing programs

The AP is reporting Mark Fields is out as CEO of Ford.He will be replaced by Jim Hackett ex CEO of office furniture maker Steelcase.He is known as a notorious cost cutter,anything not involved with getting products out the door gets cut.
Just when we finally get a manufacturers battle. I'll still hope for the best.

Really appreciate you asking/wondering guys....

Basically, here's the story.....Working my way through college, all I ever really wanted was to be able to buy a new car. I know. Simple minded. Not a huge house, etc. Just wanted a new car. So upon getting my first job, I shopped. Didn't ever think I could afford a Toyota, but walked onto the lot and test drove a '90 Tercel. Salesman made it work. Since that day, I have never even walked onto another manufacturer lot. I have driven Toyotas all of my life. Nothing else. Haven't even looked at anything else. I was so proud of that damn Tercel, that I had to pull over after a block because I was bawling like a little baby. Part of my passion for the brand naturally extended into racing. Toyota was essentially in the IMSA GTP with the Mark III at the time (which won everything). I followed that series as closely as one could at that time. From that point forward, I have poured myself into every Toyota racing endeavor which naturally leads to my passion for TRD. There have been rough times--CART....F1....early NASCAR, but those struggles only strengthened my passion. As I have grown up, my loyalty to Toyota/TRD has a lot to do with their people--this organization is filled with some of the kindest people. Honestly, when Toyota announced that they were coming to NASCAR, I winced. I didn't think that they belonged here, but the grace, dignity, and class with which they entered amazed me--this really strengthened my passion, and explains why I live and die each and every weekend pulling for my Toyotas in NASCAR. It is important to note that I had been a NASCAR fan prior to Toyota's entry, but nothing to the extent I am now. As for the Kyle Busch fandom.....he's the winningest Toyota NASCAR driver of all time--the face of Toyota. I admire the relationship he has with TRD and Toyota. Never want to see him in anything else.

There are more bits and pieces that I won't bore you with, but that's pretty much the story. Again, very kind of you both to inquire, and happy to tell the story. Toyota and TRD bring much happiness to my life.

BTW--I am really enjoying Toyota's entry into WRC this year--the more series my brand is in, the busier I get!
I admire your dedication to your brand we need more of that in a world where I am satisfied as long as it runs and has four wheels it's ok with me. I come from a Mopar family. Its not all that have been owned. my sisters have switched to GM, but other than that anytime a Ford or Chevy has shown up it has not stayed long until a Dodge has replaced it.

I admire your dedication to your brand we need more of that in a world where I am satisfied as long as it runs and has four wheels it's ok with me. I come from a Mopar family. Its not all that have been owned. my sisters have switched to GM, but other than that anytime a Ford or Chevy has shown up it has not stayed long until a Dodge has replaced it.
I grew up in a Mopar family also and have friends that will own nothing else.

Holy cow just did some quick numbers since Penske came back to Ford in 2013 with the combo of Logano, keselowski they have won 12% of the races entered for a total of 30 times in 246 starts. What makes that more impressive they previous to that Roger had 73 wins in 1473 starts. That's only a .05 win Percentage. Obviously when you have multiple cars the numbers are skewed but since 2013 that's extremely impressive

It helps when you have motivated people and don't wait to change things that are not working.
Do you remember the problems when Rusty couldn't get along with NoNeck?
Team Penske was barely hanging on. Roger had to buy out his partners and start over.
He was lucky to get Brad. I think Rick had a hand in that call.

A good article at NBC Sports reviewing Ford's downturn in race results in recent weeks. Comments by Paul Wolfe, Todd Gordon, and Rodney Childers are featured...

Ford teams continue to struggle for answers to speed, aero woes
With eight wins in the first 19 Cup races this season – including three in the last six – you’d think Ford would be at the top of its game. But such is not the case. While Toyota’s Martin Truex Jr. and Chevrolet’s Kyle Larson have been at or near the front often in recent races, Fords have dropped off in performance.

The two premier Ford teams, Team Penske and Stewart-Haas Racing, have both struggled for more speed and to overcome aerodynamic issues.

“Aero is definitely an area we’re struggling,” Dave Pericak, Director, Ford Performance, said Thursday at Eldora Speedway. “We’re definitely not struggling from an engine perspective and many other areas, but yeah, aero, for sure, and we’re working on it.”

Paul Wolfe, crew chief for Brad Keselowski, has watched his driver slip from third in the Cup standings to eighth in the last eight races. During that stretch, Keselowski has finished 30th or worse (crashes) four times, and had just two top fives.

“We’re not in the best spot we’d like to be in,” Wolfe admitted Thursday on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. “Seems like the last couple months have definitely been a challenge and a little bit of a struggle for all of us at Team Penske, not just the No. 2 car.

“We’re really just trying to find out what to do to get some speed back in our cars. It seems like where we get the cars driving and the drivers are somewhat happy with what we call a raceable balance, we’re just off on speed at that point. We can get the cars to run a fast lap time, but the drivers say they’re just not drivable and can’t race that way. It’s been a challenge trying to get both right now, and for whatever reason, we seem to be off.”

Time is not a luxury Wolfe or anyone else at Team Penske has. Seven races remain until the playoffs.

“We’ve got our work cut out for us,” Wolfe said. “There’s not too many races here until Chicago comes around, so we’re trying to figure it out, that’s for sure.”
(Link to full article)

A good article at NBC Sports reviewing Ford's downturn in race results in recent weeks. Comments by Paul Wolfe, Todd Gordon, and Rodney Childers are featured...

With eight wins in the first 19 Cup races this season – including three in the last six – you’d think Ford would be at the top of its game. But such is not the case. While Toyota’s Martin Truex Jr. and Chevrolet’s Kyle Larson have been at or near the front often in recent races, Fords have dropped off in performance.

The two premier Ford teams, Team Penske and Stewart-Haas Racing, have both struggled for more speed and to overcome aerodynamic issues.

“Aero is definitely an area we’re struggling,” Dave Pericak, Director, Ford Performance, said Thursday at Eldora Speedway. “We’re definitely not struggling from an engine perspective and many other areas, but yeah, aero, for sure, and we’re working on it.”

Paul Wolfe, crew chief for Brad Keselowski, has watched his driver slip from third in the Cup standings to eighth in the last eight races. During that stretch, Keselowski has finished 30th or worse (crashes) four times, and had just two top fives.

“We’re not in the best spot we’d like to be in,” Wolfe admitted Thursday on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. “Seems like the last couple months have definitely been a challenge and a little bit of a struggle for all of us at Team Penske, not just the No. 2 car.

“We’re really just trying to find out what to do to get some speed back in our cars. It seems like where we get the cars driving and the drivers are somewhat happy with what we call a raceable balance, we’re just off on speed at that point. We can get the cars to run a fast lap time, but the drivers say they’re just not drivable and can’t race that way. It’s been a challenge trying to get both right now, and for whatever reason, we seem to be off.”

Time is not a luxury Wolfe or anyone else at Team Penske has. Seven races remain until the playoffs.

“We’ve got our work cut out for us,” Wolfe said. “There’s not too many races here until Chicago comes around, so we’re trying to figure it out, that’s for sure.”
(Link to full article)

Goid article I have noticed...but seems to happen every year during this stretch.

(Link to full article)

Pretty proud of the fact that when my manufacturer was getting its ass kicked early, nobody from TRD was calling for NASCAR to take all of the cars to the wind tunnel--Hell, nobody needs to go the tunnel again--Ford was just there as Toyota got approval for the new Camry. They know what Toyota has. Ford is 6 points back in the Manufacturers Championship, and has won 8 of 19, and they are complaining? Fascinating.

Pretty proud of the fact that when my manufacturer was getting its ass kicked early, nobody from TRD was calling for NASCAR to take all of the cars to the wind tunnel--Hell, nobody needs to go the tunnel again--Ford was just there as Toyota got approval for the new Camry. They know what Toyota has. Ford is 6 points back in the Manufacturers Championship, and has won 8 of 19, and they are complaining? Fascinating.
thanks for your "unbiased" opinion, but you left out this part.

“As the season went on, NASCAR started changing enforcement of some templates and some aero things, and for whatever reason, it seems like it affected the Fords maybe more than Toyota,” Wolfe said on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio. “Obviously, Toyota came out with a new car, they were slow getting going, but they definitely have it figured out and seem to have a little bit of an advantage right now.

“I feel like some of the rule changes on the aero side has really affected our cars a lot and trying to get them balanced out, back to where they were before some of those changes has been difficult for us.”

NASCAR started changing enforcement of some templates and some aero things, and for whatever reason, it seems like it affected the Fords maybe more than Toyota,” Wolfe said on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.

TRANSLATION: They made us follow the rules. Toyota was considered to be "conservative" in their set ups early. Maybe the templates came their way because they weren't skewing around early.

“Obviously, Toyota came out with a new car, they were slow getting going, but they definitely have it figured out and seem to have a little bit of an advantage right now.

Love this one. The new car was blamed by outsiders are the reason for Toyota's struggles early, and now it's an advantage? Love it. FWIW....David Wilson has been consistent in his belief that the new car was just fine....in the past, in the present, and in the future. Aero numbers are the same. Ford was there.

“I feel like some of the rule changes on the aero side has really affected our cars a lot and trying to get them balanced out, back to where they were before some of those changes has been difficult for us.”

TRANSLATION: "Everything was great!"....until they took our skew away, and we lost our balance. This balance thing was the same issue that Jason Ratcliff talked about during Toyota's early struggles.

Biased? Hell yes! I love that there is manufacturer bitching again! Hopefully, they will go to NASCAR and whine about getting some tweaks. Love it! BTW--Is Brad upset about his car, or upset about all of the cars--especially the ones that are faster than him?

My girls new 2018 Mustang blacktop package! But our driver is Kyle Busch baby
F2B85432-B400-489B-A048-3406CA748BAE.jpeg

That is sharp.....GT? I usually not crazy about solid black rims but looks good on that white car. And love the hint of a spoiler.....hate those stupid looking wings.
It’s the 4 cylinder 10 SPEED , I love black rims on white cars make them pop to me.. but you can get a lot of power out of these turbo engines.. she had the 2015 and traded it in for the blacktop package.. but Thanku. She loves it.. and people don’t tell me manufactures don’t matter in NASCAR anymore.. we roll up to races in this mustang and get out in Kyle Busch gear and fans talk junk all the time and look at us funny lol.. people still care

It’s the 4 cylinder 10 SPEED , I love black rims on white cars make them pop to me.. but you can get a lot of power out of these turbo engines.. she had the 2015 and traded it in for the blacktop package.. but Thanku. She loves it.. and people don’t tell me manufactures don’t matter in NASCAR anymore.. we roll up to races in this mustang and get out in Kyle Busch gear and fans talk junk all the time and look at us funny lol.. people still care
I do....glad Harvick is in a Ford now as it eases the pain of his performance lately.

I'll say this for black rims, they don't look as bad when they get dirty with brake dust. 10 speed? Auto I assume? Bet it does good on gas?

I do....glad Harvick is in a Ford now as it eases the pain of his performance lately.

I'll say this for black rims, they don't look as bad when they get dirty with brake dust. 10 speed? Auto I assume? Bet it does good on gas?
Yup 10 speed auto , and yes Harvick and the fords are scaring me lol

Yea in another thread I said it’s Kyle and Harvick this year. I’m really only worried about Harvick

Every week those two are on another level. On another note the 78 was not very good yesterday. Which was suprising.

Back
Top Bottom