GA$ Prices again...

Saw today $3.61 at an old station close to Wake Forest University. But the average now is about $3.68. Still, I saw a station charging $3.75. Five or six cents difference isn't much these days, but 14 cents adds up to a buck forty for ten gallons. Wow, I'm showing my math skills now. :)

You dont wanna know what I pay for gas on this side of the pond

I think we finally hit bottom.Stuck at $3.38 for a couple days now.Was dropping a penny or two every day for a couple weeks.

Just returned from a trip to Farmington, NY, near Rochester. Paid $3.69 in Raleigh, NC. Prices ranged from $3.51 in Williamsport, PA (home of the Little League World Series) to a high of $4.00 in Farmington/Canandaigua, NY.
Great modified racing in Canandaigua! On return trip, prices in Lewisburg, PA were $3.48 and last fill up in Raleigh, $3.63.

My Dakota, a 2004 extended cab w/V-8, had an eight-hundred pound lawn tractor and plow in the bed along with other items. Drove 50 and never exceeded 60 m.p.h. the entire distance just to see how much difference it would make in fuel consumption compared to other trips of similar weight and terrain driven at higher speeds. Total distance driven was 1347 miles and 620 miles each way plus local mileage when there. Average fuel consumption was an even 18.0 m.p.g. (74.84 gal.)
Previous trips under similar conditions driven at speeds of 55-75 m.p.h., fuel mileage average was 14.2 m.p.g. (94.86 gals.).

The end result was that by driving at lower speed, I saved 20 gallons of fuel and considering an average cost per gallon of $3.59 per gal., I saved $71.80 on this trip.
Time saved/spent driving; at higher speeds driving 1/2 the distance on secondary roads and the remainder on four lane and interstate highways, 13 hours. Time at lower speed, 13 3/4 hours. Saving over $70.00 by driving slower and ending the trip tired but not mentally or physically exhausted was a money saver.

Back
Top Bottom