Good Bye, Brandon, Greg's son --- sad news

So we just have the best time we can possibly have for him and us. The time that remains cant be polluted with stress. We will make it as good as we can.

That's all you can do, Greg. Even though you knew from the beginning that only 1 outcome was possible, it doesn't make it any easier.

Hug Brandon for me.

Brandon is doing better. Two things have helped him
1. A cough assist machine.
2. A shaker

Both do what the name implies. The shaker shakes him up and frees up mucus. The cough assist blows a burst of air into the lungs and then vacuum them out.
May sound gruesome but with failing lungs it is a literal life saver.

His heartbeat gets low at night, and he needs oxygen at night. The time is coming when his brave will heart expire and the band aids will not work. But it is a more peaceful way then the lung isses imo.

Thanks to all for the kind thoughts.
Brandon still is doing pretty good in spite of the odds.
His biggest current battle is an eratic heartbeat, it usually slows down in the mornings and he occasionsllys needs oxygen.

He keeps busy listening to music, a lot of George Jones this week

Hope all is well with you folks and Brandon is getting along ok.

Thanks Ted, and ground pounder.
Brandon is doing as well as he possibly can. The disease is progressive and he gets weaker as time passes.

But there have been no eventful setbacks since last December. He spends his time doing the labtop and thinking of new ways to rig up the sound system.
Two weeks ago he got to sit in a Bobcat and do a little work with some assistance, that was a biggee for him.

Brandon is cheerful, and he enjoys time with the dog, and has a freind visiting almost everyday.

Thanks Ted, and ground pounder.
Brandon is doing as well as he possibly can. The disease is progressive and he gets weaker as time passes.

But there have been no eventful setbacks since last December. He spends his time doing the labtop and thinking of new ways to rig up the sound system.
Two weeks ago he got to sit in a Bobcat and do a little work with some assistance, that was a biggee for him.

Brandon is cheerful, and he enjoys time with the dog, and has a freind visiting almost everyday.

What is he listening to now ? He's probably left old Jerry Lee behind and moved on to that teenage music.

What is he listening to now ? He's probably left old Jerry Lee behind and moved on to that teenage music.

He still listens to Jerry Lewis.
Probably (in order)

1. Cash
2. Geirge Jones
3 . Blake Shelton
4 . Elvis
5. Jerry Lee

It depends on the day as well.

He still listens to Jerry Lewis.
Probably (in order)

1. Cash
2. Geirge Jones
3 . Blake Shelton
4 . Elvis
5. Jerry Lee

It depends on the day as well.

You ought to post some pics of Blake Sheltons' wife , she's a pretty girl . (And she can sing a bit .):D

Glad he's enjoying himself still and his music.....I like high octane rock n' roll but I'd listen to some Elvis w/ him lol. Like TRL said, everyday is a blessing and I pray for many more blessings for your family Greg. Brandon, keep the volume up buddy....except on the Country stuff:D

Glad he's enjoying himself still and his music.....I like high octane rock n' roll but I'd listen to some Elvis w/ him lol. Like TRL said, everyday is a blessing and I pray for many more blessings for your family Greg. Brandon, keep the volume up buddy....except on the Country stuff:D

Brandon likes rock, used to head bang to Metallica when he was stronger, but his grandparents have a tough time dealing with Metal and he is respectful.

I just thank God for no rap, disco or R&B.

Brandon is back in PICU (pediatric ICU). Starting having problems late last night and was admitted in the early morning hours.

He is resting well, but has a high fever low blood pressure and maybe pneumonia. Will keep folks informed.

Brandon is back in PICU (pediatric ICU). Starting having problems late last night and was admitted in the early morning hours.

He is resting well, but has a high fever low blood pressure and maybe pneumonia. Will keep folks informed.

We're all with you, and here for you. Sending good thoughts and prayers your direction.

Brandon is still in ICU, but I am hoping he will be ok this time.very weak and lots conjestion in the lungs. Hoping the meds, and cough assist devices or treatments will reset him, but it will take a few days
His vitals are better, but he is needing a lot of rest, will take a few days.

Sorry to hear that Greg, your son will be in my thoughts and prayers. I'll ask the gods to assist you and your family.

Thanks for the kind thoughts and prayers.

Brandon spent most of July in the hospital. He remains cheerful. He hasn't been able to swallow since the pneumonia in July, I thought we were going to loose him a few times during the month.

A lot of good folks here thanks for the concern. While in the hospital Cy from Duck Dynasty called and had some encouraging words. Dabo Sweeney the coach of the Clemson Tigers called him too with some encouragement. That was tough I have rooted against Clemson all my life that ruined a beautiful hate relationship.

Brandon still loves his music, today he was messing with a equalizer and the sound system with the music he was listening too.

Greg I've read this thread quite a few times and have Brandon and your family in my prayers. You guys have been through so much together and I want you to know that I find your journey with Brandon inspirational.

I have not had to deal with these family sickness personally until fairly recently when my father was diagnosed with ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease....which I'm sure you know is degenerative.
I still dont know what Brandon has but some of the issues you relate to us remind me of my Dad.

I wish that Brandon and my Dad have their very best days yet to be lived in the company of family and friends.

I have been up to Vancouver twice in the last 4 months and are planning for Christmas. Time is precious

God Bless all your family

Clutch Brandon has Duchenne muscular dystrophy it directly degenerates the muscles. I may be wrong but I think ALS prevents the nervous system from telling the muscles to respond or work.

I will keep you and your father in my prayers, and as you noted time is precious.

He has he got a Bluetooth speaker to pair up with his iphone a couple of weeks ago.

So he's jamming in style where ever he goes, that's awesome.

I read this thread for the first time around the holiday time last year. Since, I've learned to appreciate even the bad days with my son who is autistic. So Brandon, keep up the good fight, you're an inspiration to those who don't even know you. Continued prayers for you and you're family.

So he's jamming in style where ever he goes, that's awesome.

I read this thread for the first time around the holiday time last year. Since, I've learned to appreciate even the bad days with my son who is autistic. So Brandon, keep up the good fight, you're an inspiration to those who don't even know you. Continued prayers for you and you're family.

Thanks and best wishes for your son.

Brandon is listening to the killer Jerrry Lee Lewis this morning compliments of own Ted Economy here at Racing Forums. Thanks Ted.

We tore out all his massive electronic wires and redone them earlier this morning. Brandon has lost most of his abilities, and supervising his dad through the projects is a fun time together.

How are things going with Brandon Greg? I hope I haven't missed anything while I've been away.
I got back home on monday from Vancouver visiting my M and D over christmas.
My Dad can still move his arms a little and his head but can't speak anymore. We got him an Ipad mini that he loves and I downloaded a text to speech app for him.
Fortunately he still seems in pretty good spirits.

But this thread is about Brandon....How are things going with him?

No problem Clutch, keep us informed about your dad. Glad you was able to get him the ipad and speech app.

Brandon has been stable the last few months. A little weaker and needing more rest.
He got a kindle fire and lots of other stuff for Christmas.

No problem Clutch, keep us informed about your dad. Glad you was able to get him the ipad and speech app.

Brandon has been stable the last few months. A little weaker and needing more rest.

Have fun with your Christmas presents Brandon, Keep Greg on his toes at all time;)

I don't post much anymore, but Brandon is in my thoughts and prayers daily. †

Hi Greg regrettfully my Dad just passed away at 2.37pm pst today in Vancouver today. Fortunately I arrived here yesterday at noon from New Zealand and my sister came in last night from Ottawa.
It was very peaceful and we are grateful that he isn't suffering any more.

Hi Greg regrettfully my Dad just passed away at 2.37pm pst today in Vancouver today. Fortunately I arrived here yesterday at noon from New Zealand and my sister came in last night from Ottawa.
It was very peaceful and we are grateful that he isn't suffering any more.
You have my deepest sympathy, Clutch. Losing a parent is very hard. A peaceful passing is a true blessing.

Back
Top Bottom