Gordon's Statement during the 600 is too telling

Jesus Christ could have been driving one of MY Toyotas, and wouldn't have caught the Chevys...aka The Devil's Chariots....just kidding.
Larson has had two or three other poles at Sonoma so he was faster than everybody. This year everything went right.

There is no difference between a HMS advantage and a Chevy advantage. We both know that. Same thing could be said of Toyota and JGR. The difference here is that Chevy is just figuring out that sharing information is vital....and the more that are invited to the Hendrick table, the more all will benefit....but not likely that Hendrick will want too much of that. Chad is probably given too much credit for all of that, but whatever.
As someone less knowledgeable about this, to me, it just seems like the inevitable trend. HMS stood on top of the NASCAR world from about 1999-2014.

And now, Hendrick is back. The "slump" they were in for the last few years, imo, is something we won't see again for at least another 7 years.

It's just the ebb and flow of competition in NASCAR, and Hendrick is back where it belongs

Idk if HMS will stay a step above the field for another 6 years. But I have doubts that they will fall behind JGR like the last few years.

You'll see some back and forth, but HMS is done being anything worse than #2, imo, for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I am happy with what I have, so I don't spend any time dreaming of that stuff. My hat is not off to him for that--I don't care what he makes...it's not my business, and it wouldn't improve my perception of his ability in the booth--which is limited, but my hat was off for a guy like Benny Parsons FWIW for the work he did because the work he did was my business.
I don't love Gordon individually, but I absolutely love the three of them together.

It makes me fear NBC time, when we get WWE style over the top shouting and race calling.

I don't love Gordon individually, but I absolutely love the three of them together.

It makes me fear NBC time, when we get WWE style over the top shouting and race calling.

Pretty much sums up my opinion. Not looking forward to the fake drama the gerbils produce. It's so dumbed down I get a headache listening to that clown show.

I feel you there. Overlay MRN/PRN over your TV, you'll love it

If I can ever figure out how to do this, (cause I DVR all the races and watch when I want to) it would be great!
Same here, even if I'm watching it in (almost) real time so I can stop it if I need to go fix a snack. Also allows me to not have to endure commercials. Sadly though, as you say, can't do the MRN thing because of that.

If I can ever figure out how to do this, (cause I DVR all the races and watch when I want to) it would be great!

I have a sound bar. My Alexa can connect to that sound bar. Then I just play the broadcast on the NASCAR skill for Amazon Echo. I time it up at the beginning of the race for the green flag

They changed the whole ****** car, and you know it.
Listen to the DBC guys. Freddie Kraft (professional Denny Hamlin/Toyota *** hugger) is the one that brings up "talk around the garage is" that the RCR/Hendrick combo found 16 horsepower. 16. That's huge. Why? Again, listen to them: Chevy teams don't have to play the game of "do we trim the car out for speed or add downforce?" TJ Majors says "yeah, they can keep it in downforce trim because they have 16 horses on the field." They also point out that this is in a day and age where finding 2-3 horses is HUGE. For evidence they cite the way the 5 can cut and change lanes in the turns in traffic and still pass while everyone else has to commit to a line.

In summary: You don't need a "new car" when you have found enough hp to set your car up for downforce instead of trimming it out.

In other news on that same episode of DBC, they said that the current talk is that they're targeting around 650 horsepower in the next gen car and have a uniform engine package for all tracks. While not the 900 we want, that's a heck of a lot better than 510.

Listen to the DBC guys. Freddie Kraft (professional Denny Hamlin/Toyota *** hugger) is the one that brings up "talk around the garage is" that the RCR/Hendrick combo found 16 horsepower. 16. That's huge. Why? Again, listen to them: Chevy teams don't have to play the game of "do we trim the car out for speed or add downforce?" TJ Majors says "yeah, they can keep it in downforce trim because they have 16 horses on the field." They also point out that this is in a day and age where finding 2-3 horses is HUGE. For evidence they cite the way the 5 can cut and change lanes in the turns in traffic and still pass while everyone else has to commit to a line.

In summary: You don't need a "new car" when you have found enough hp to set your car up for downforce instead of trimming it out.
The talk about the Camaro’s new nose and their speed today is lacking research. The Camaro has the same nose from 2020. They changed from racing the Camaro ZL1 to the Camaro ZL1 1LE. Where was their speed last season if the nose design was a game changer?

Also, I believe it was Gustafson that credited the RCR alliance to the #9’s stronger performance in the playoffs last season. Now, both organizations are seeing those same advantages across all teams.

Last edited:
In other news on that same episode of DBC, they said that the current talk is that they're targeting around 650 horsepower in the next gen car and have a uniform engine package for all tracks. While not the 900 we want, that's a heck of a lot better than 510.
This was my biggest take away from the episode. Left me with some hope..

Xfinity series runs at 670 horsepower and the ARCA engines produce 700 horses.

Cup cars should have more horses than these series. 750 HP minimum. It’s a joke to have cars that are less powerful and easier to drive as they come up through the ranks.

Cup cars should have more horses than these series. 750 HP minimum. It’s a joke to have cars that are less powerful and easier to drive as they come up through the ranks.
100% agreed, but NASCAR is going to do whatever the OEMs (especially new ones and ones who *cough* can't quite figure out high HP packages) tell them to do. (which in turn doesn't make sense because those same OEMs are in the Xfinity series.)

can't prove that by me. The nose has changed (something the yotas do almost every other year)
God almighty....I have shown you this before. Never ends....

“It’s a completely different race car,” admitted Knaus. “I don’t think that there’s a component that’s the same. Now that being said, there are NASCAR mandated shapes that are consistent through all OEMs.”

-RACER Magazine

God almighty....I have shown you this before. Never ends....

“It’s a completely different race car,” admitted Knaus. “I don’t think that there’s a component that’s the same. Now that being said, there are NASCAR mandated shapes that are consistent through all OEMs.”

-RACER Magazine
He is talking about the NEW car.

It is pretty pathetic that the top series is the easiest to drive. I could live with 750 HP in Cup but ideally I would like to see 900 HP

As someone less knowledgeable about this, to me, it just seems like the inevitable trend. HMS stood on top of the NASCAR world from about 1999-2014.

And now, Hendrick is back. The "slump" they were in for the last few years, imo, is something we won't see again for at least another 7 years.

It's just the ebb and flow of competition in NASCAR, and Hendrick is back where it belongs

Idk if HMS will stay a step above the field for another 6 years. But I have doubts that they will fall behind JGR like the last few years.

You'll see some back and forth, but HMS is done being anything worse than #2, imo, for a long time.

The new car next year changes everything. Everything. Hendrick is reaping the rewards of a car designed exclusively for this rules package. Period. Not Toyota. Not Ford. Good on them for taking advantage of the gift NASCAR handed them. Took one year longer than it should have.

Why does Hendrick belong in a dominant position (..."where it belongs"...) if the NASCAR philosophy is parity?

We will see when the playing field levels again. I suspect you will see Larson continue to thrive, Chase will be good....I am not sold on Byron and Bowman without the advantage of the car.

The new car next year changes everything. Everything. Hendrick is reaping the rewards of a car designed exclusively for this rules package. Period. Not Toyota. Not Ford. Good on them for taking advantage of the gift NASCAR handed them. Took one year longer than it should have.

Why does Hendrick belong in a dominant position (..."where it belongs"...) if the NASCAR philosophy is parity?

We will see when the playing field levels again. I suspect you will see Larson continue to thrive, Chase will be good....I am not sold on Byron and Bowman without the advantage of the car.
By "where it belongs", I mean "where it's historically been". HMS has always been at the top. That's just the way it is.

By "where it belongs", I mean "where it's historically been". HMS has always been at the top. That's just the way it is.

In a series which demands parity.....

Is there anyone who doesn't think Rick didn't know what he was doing when he got Larson back into NASCAR?
Many people thought sponsors would pull because of Larson's "racist" antics last year, or at best that drama could cause the organization too many distractions. However, bad press is good press and Rick was aware of that too. It ended up working out better than expected with practically no negative coverage of the Larson situation this year (as it should be) and Larson got back into the groove after just a few races.

The Camaro has the same nose from 2020.
No it does not. Last year the Cup Camaro used the same hood profile as this current year Xfinity Camaro. The current hood used by Chevy has an inverted profile compared to the street Camaro and the Xfinity Camaro. Pretty easy to see when they are parked next to each other.

No it does not. Last year the Cup Camaro used the same hood profile as this current year Xfinity Camaro. The current hood used by Chevy has an inverted profile compared to the street Camaro and the Xfinity Camaro. Pretty easy to see when they are parked next to each other.
I don't think so. Same as 2020.

Brad wanted so bad to be like “I’ve never seen NASCAR give someone this big of an advantage” but he remembered his car was illegal the last time he did.

One could only imagine what KDB would say if given half a chance :laugh:

Chevy’s redesigned nose came out for the 2020 season and is the same for 2021. It’s a rounded off nose with dive planes near the RF and LF air ducts.

It could be the case of removing the bondo from the front ends of the Yotas(they lost their domination after that) and taking away the trick wheel wells on the Fords (same thing)

Chevy’s redesigned nose came out for the 2020 season and is the same for 2021. It’s a rounded off nose with dive planes near the RF and LF air ducts.
I am not talking about the "nose" I am talking about the hood profile. The center of the hood on the stock configuration is raised in the center, then goes concave to the outside of the fenders. On the cup cars, the raised section transitions down to the edges of the fender being much less abrupt. No more "bat wing" profile

It could be the case of removing the bondo from the front ends of the Yotas(they lost their domination after that) and taking away the trick wheel wells on the Fords (same thing)
....and of course, the Chevys are clean. Got it. You still haven't responded to the Knaus quote. Still. That's okay. We all see what you are doing here.

You are clear that it was more than just a nose, right?

Back
Top Bottom