Has Jimmie Johnson (at age 43) lost a step?

Yeah I thought he looked pretty good, didn't overdrive the car which isn't very forgiving if overdrove. The 750 package with downforce is stupid fast and the track was super grippy
They ran the 750 package today? It was cool to see them down to 145 in the corners on older tires.

It ain't the 125-130 we've seen before, but it's a step in the right direction from the show package we have now

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just want to point out that outside of the wreck at Talladega, Jimmie has finished in the top 10 in every playoff race, and came back from a lap down today to finish in the top 10 with damage. Bad luck prior to the playoffs, I've been saying for months that he's had the speed to be in the playoffs, and now that the results are coming with the performance, he's been out running quite a few of the playoff drivers.

Is a win this year out of the question? Probably. But I would not be surprised to see him win three or four races next year, and make push at number 8. It takes a lot more than driving skill these days to be competitive since it's such a team sport, but Jimmie is still the best driver/most skilled at HMS/still has the talent to out run all three of his teammates when the chemistry and car is right.

Jimmie isn't the best HMS driver anymore. That's pretty biased statement to make IMO. I see Chase and Byron at the front more often than that. Yeah Bowman is pretty hit and miss sure.

They are building momentum and confidence on that 48 but I don't think we should act like they have winning speed right now.

Jimmie isn't the best HMS driver anymore. That's pretty biased statement to make IMO. I see Chase and Byron at the front more often than that. Yeah Bowman is pretty hit and miss sure.

They are building momentum and confidence on that 48 but I don't think we should act like they have winning speed right now.
Well they are. But Byron, and likely Chase still haven't surpassed Jimmie in the talent department yet. I don't think he's fallen off that much yet. He's shown he can still run up front with good cars.

Chase hasn't passed Jimmie, you're kidding right? The guy who has won 3 races, 2 being very highly skilled road course tracks with actual horsepower.

Chase may never get to 83 victories, 7 titles, but he's better than Jimmie right NOW.

Back
Top Bottom