Has Kevin Harvick (at age 43) Lost A Step?

I lost all respect for Harvick after what he did @ the Roval. The fact that he wrecked himself in front of Chase is cherry on top of the cake. Harvick wrecking Chase @ the Roval for no reason strikes me as someone who is jealous.
Puff out that chest.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

He's doing it in a more subtle manner. It's definitely a little instigator as well. He could have handled it like his old teammate JJ, super PC and behind the scenes. Apparently Jimmie and Kevin had issues in 06 For a few months. It literally never made it to the media.

Very well said. JJ was boring but he just won championships. In 2014 he got into Harvick in one of the elimination races and Harvick got a tire rub and walled it a few laps later.

Harvick was jerk about it as expected and thumped JJ in the chest during the post race discussion. JJ stayed classy was a better man and he didn't waste time trying to get even.(Someone can misread this post because Harvick went on to win the championship that year).

But looking back on it all or the full body of work, I think it was a good example of what made JJ so great. He didn't get lost trying to win a pissing contest. It was always the big picture and winning is the best revenge.

Regardless of who started what Elliott had to know that Harvick would try to get even after Bristol and he should have known something like the Roval was going to happen.

That doesn't excuse Harvick and who knows how much it has cost him throughout his career. If he could have matched JJs maturity along with his skill set he would probably have won a few more races during his career. It has a been a great one but his flaws are obvious even to this Harvick fan.

I just don't think many here want to admit that Elliott isn't blameless himself.
I can see why his fans enjoyed the last part of the Bristol race. But in hindsight I think it was cheap moment compared to what he risked at the Roval.

Long post, but I also think if Rick Hendrick wanted it all to stop he should have been on the radio telling his driver to stop it during the last laps at Bristol. The timing is just too convenient when Harvick is eliminated and Elliott is still in the hunt.

Meanwhile Larson has won three races to zero for both of them in the the same time frame.

Last edited:
I was just reviewing this thread while enjoying some home made bbq chicken for dinner, and the only thing I can add is there are some posters in here ready to rip someone’s freakin head off
Had me in the first half ngl

Kevin after reading this thread..

mqdefault.jpg

Very well said. JJ was boring but he just won championships. In 2014 he got into Harvick in one of the elimination races and Harvick got a tire rub and walled it a few laps later.

Harvick was jerk about it as expected and thumped JJ in the chest during the post race discussion. JJ stayed classy was a better man and he didn't waste time trying to get even.(Someone can misread this post because Harvick went on to win the championship that year).

But looking back on it all or the full body of work, I think it was a good example of what made JJ so great. He didn't get lost trying to win a pissing contest. It was always the big picture and winning is the best revenge.

Regardless of who started what Elliott had to know that Harvick would try to get even after Bristol and he should have known something like the Roval was going to happen.

That doesn't excuse Harvick and who knows how much it has cost him throughout his career. If he could have matched JJs maturity along with his skill set he would probably have won a few more races during his career. It has a been a great one but his flaws are obvious even to this Harvick fan.

I just don't think many here want to admit that Elliott isn't blameless himself.
I can see why his fans enjoyed the last part of the Bristol race. But in hindsight I think it was cheap moment compared to what he risked at the Roval.

Long post, but I also think if Rick Hendrick wanted it all to stop he should have been on the radio telling his driver to stop it during the last laps at Bristol. The timing is just too convenient when Harvick is eliminated and Elliott is still in the hunt.

Meanwhile Larson has won three races to zero for both of them in the the same time frame.

That incident with Jimmie and Kevin was actually 2015, so it wasn't a championship year. I feel as though Jimmie shut Kevin down by giving Kevin a chance to express himself without being enabled by Jimmie. When Kevin started to escalate, Jimmie walked away. And that was that. Kevin respects the hell of him and probably laughs about it. I understand a competitor wants to get the last word in. But sometimes being the bigger person means recognizing when any sort of engagement is a lose - lose. Their little "spat" had no bearings on how either felt about each other. Kevin was emotion, Jimmie upheld a boundary, and they both moved on.

Look at how Blaney handled his spat with Harvick in 2018 at Martinsville. He did the SAME thing. Harvick was unnecessarily confrontational, and angry. Gave him the chest jab as well. Blaney just stood there and let Kevin chew him out. Blaney didn't engage, let the guy blow off his steam, they talked about it at another point, and it ended. It ended to the point that at the 2018 "After the Lap" show, Rutledge Wood brought up that feud, looking to stir up drama. And Harvick more or less owned it, and pointed to Blaney and said "no but we were good", and Blaney agreed.

I don't know. I feel as though some Chase fans aren't quite hearing that at least to some of us, stating that Chase is NOT blameless does not mean he's as bad as Harvick, a weak competitor, or has some character flaw. He has a role in this spat. That's it. There's no implication.

In fact, I've been saying the last week and a half that any distain I've felt towards Elliott as a fan the last year and a half has totally done a 180. Chase isn't perfect. He's not boring. He's a bit of a calculated instigator. That's a driver who, depending on the narrative I can root both FOR and against. And as I said, it adds an edge to NASCAR's most popular driver that we haven't had in over 20 years. It's a great great thing. It's too bad that some fans may not be allowing themselves to embrace that part of Elliott's competitiveness.

The reality is, Chase Elliott is a frat bro. It's ****** awesome. Enjoy it.

Last edited:
Look at how Blaney handled his spat with Harvick in 2018 at Martinsville. He did the SAME thing. Harvick was unnecessarily confrontational, and angry. Gave him the chest jab as well. Blaney just stood there and let Kevin chew him out. Blaney didn't engage, let the guy blow off his steam, they talked about it at another point, and it ended. It ended to the point that at the 2018 "After the Lap" show, Rutledge Wood brought up that feud, looking to stir up drama. And Harvick more or less owned it, and pointed to Blaney and said "no but we were good", and Blaney agreed.
Are you referring to this?

Martinsville-2017

Because I don’t remember anything else between the two. And yes Ryan stood there and let him run his mouth but gave him a nice shove after Billy Badass chucked him in the gut. Harvick knew it was best to keep walking. Yeah, that’s how you handle The Instigator…..

Are you referring to this?

Martinsville-2017

Because I don’t remember anything else between the two. And yes Ryan stood there and let him run his mouth but gave him a nice shove after Billy Badass chucked him in the gut. Harvick knew it was best to keep walking. Yeah, that’s how you handle The Instigator…..
Yup, 2017

The funny thing is that Harvick was just a dude until he ****** with Chase. Now, he is some bad guy/villan/whatever. He has been Delana's wife forever, but it was never an issue until he called out the almighty. <Shakes his head in disbelief as he defends Kevin ****** Harvick>.

The funny thing is that Harvick was just a dude until he ****** with Chase. Now, he is some bad guy/villan/whatever. He has been Delana's wife forever, but it was never an issue until he called out the almighty. <Shakes his head in disbelief as he defends Kevin ****** Harvick>.

Chase Elliott has a lot of fans. Get over it.

That's the way life has been forever...it is not so much what he did, it's who he did it to. If he would have did the exact same things to KDB this thread would have had a whole different vibe. That will never change.

The revisionist history here is laughable. Harvick has been a prick his entire career from walking across Rudd’s hood to running away from Elliott and driving straight into a wall.
Nah, he's always just been a "dude." It's Chase and Chase only.

Nah, he's always just been a "dude."

And every time this incident is brought up, Harvick haters and others forget about the blatant manipulation by NASCAR.

IF Harvick did that on purpose, and he probably did, I'll defend him for the rest of my life for it. NASCAR changed the rules before the race, then changed them during the race and the second rule change almost led to Kevin Harvick being eliminated from the playoffs.

It wasn't the engine failure that would've eliminated him. If NASCAR had held to their rule change, Harvick would have advanced. But they decided to conjure up this new "they didn't cross the stripe so that doesn't count" thing out of thin air.

NASCAR's blatant manipulation of races cost him the 2020 championship, and possibly the 2015 championship as well.

And every time this incident is brought up, Harvick haters and others forget about the blatant manipulation by NASCAR.

IF Harvick did that on purpose, and he probably did, I'll defend him for the rest of my life for it. NASCAR changed the rules before the race, then changed them during the race and the second rule change almost led to Kevin Harvick being eliminated from the playoffs.

It wasn't the engine failure that would've eliminated him. If NASCAR had held to their rule change, Harvick would have advanced. But they decided to conjure up this new "they didn't cross the stripe so that doesn't count" thing out of thin air.

NASCAR's blatant manipulation of races cost him the 2020 championship, and possibly the 2015 championship as well.
Well, I've done a complete 180. It's perfectly fine to intentionally wreck the field because, well, NASCAR changed the rules before the race (not during).

Well, I've done a complete 180. It's perfectly fine to intentionally wreck the field because, well, NASCAR changed the rules before the race (not during).

They changed the rule before and then during the race.

One attempt at a GWC suddenly became two because "well that didn't count."

It was blatant manipulation, and there was a bunch of it that year. I've hated the playoffs ever since.

NASCAR has been manipulating races for the sake of the show for decades and he’s the only driver to ever intentionally wreck the field at a superspeedway for points benefit.

Just a dude.
I've been (correctly and justifiably so) called out for sh** stirring on the topic of Harv, so I'm handing the reins off to you here @ChexOrWrex . I've said all I can.

Uhh… didn’t Kevin cause that wreck also? Lol.

NASCAR has been manipulating races for the sake of the show for decades and he’s the only driver to ever intentionally wreck the field at a superspeedway for points benefit.

Just a dude.

Yeah. Those Jimmie Johnson hot dog wrapper cautions were a plenty. Though TV (particualry ESPN) did a piss poor job showing it if there was. Then there was Kurt in Fontana.

It’s frustrating that the casuals and the masses are more concerned about entertainment than pure racing lol.

one thing noted with the 550 package on the 1.5's is that there hasn't been any need to throw cautions for gum wrappers and balloons

Wouldn’t need a few extra stages if we boosted the horsepower to 750 or 900, made the cars harder to drive.

2016 had underrated racing if I recall. I just think people were sick of the BiG thREE + Joey in 2018.

I honestly think a lot of that is the stages provide scheduled field bunchings for drama and commercials
Have to deal with who is paying the bills. Most fans don't know much about paying the bills and they have short memories. The races before were covered with commercials, many incidents happened when commercials were playing, plenty of complaining around here of which I was in that crowd. Bottom line it is better, not perfect but better than it was IMO. You weren't around then but many on the race thread would be saying on the race thread...time for a caution and sure enough Nascar would find something to throw one for so they could get commercials in.

Have to deal with who is paying the bills. Most fans don't know much about paying the bills and they have short memories. The races before were covered with commercials, many incidents happened when commercials were playing, plenty of complaining around here of which I was in that crowd. Bottom line it is better, not perfect but better than it was IMO. You weren't around then but many on the race thread would be saying on the race thread...time for a caution and sure enough Nascar would find something to throw one for so they could get commercials in.
Oh, I was watching back then but not posting, which is what I think you meant. I may be romanticizing the past, but when I was a kid/teenager, I swear the commercials were not as intrusive and races were allowed to play out organically. Stinkers were stinkers. I'm referring to the ESPN years first time around, so late 80's into the 90's. Fox was the beginning of the end as far as coverage sliding.

Oh, I was watching back then but not posting, which is what I think you meant. I may be romanticizing the past, but when I was a kid/teenager, I swear the commercials were not as intrusive and races were allowed to play out organically. Stinkers were stinkers. I'm referring to the ESPN years first time around, so late 80's into the 90's. Fox was the beginning of the end as far as coverage sliding.
Like I said most fans know nothing about or care about who is running the show. Nobody is naive enough to think that any sporting event is going to run 3 hours on TV commercial free, but there are race fans out there that think they should be able to do that. :biggrin: Sure it would be great, but reality says different

Yeah. Those Jimmie Johnson hot dog wrapper cautions were a plenty. Though TV (particualry ESPN) did a piss poor job showing it if there was. Then there was Kurt in Fontana.

It’s frustrating that the casuals and the masses are more concerned about entertainment than pure racing lol.

Well, to be perfectly honest, pure racing CAN be as boring as watching paint dry. The simple fact is we live in an instant gratification "game 7 moment" world, and if you can't offer something "special" often enough, people will find something else to watch. That's why the NFL has all the defense crippling rules it has, why the NBA has the shot clock and why MLB has juiced baseballs. About 1% of the viewing audience is really interested in watching someone win by nine seconds, whether it is "pure" or not. I don't like how many things have been handled, but I GET sometimes what they are trying to do. I will also say that as much as I hate phony cautions, races without cautions tend to get dull in a hurry. That's one of the big downsides of having cars that are so bulletproof and not on the edge of control.

50% of the posts you read anywhere are below average. This is one of them. Or is this satire? I can never tell......

Like I said most fans know nothing about or care about who is running the show. Nobody is naive enough to think that any sporting event is going to run 3 hours on TV commercial free, but there are race fans out there that think they should be able to do that. :biggrin: Sure it would be great, but reality says different
Oh, TV definitely expects return on their $$$, it's a business. I get it. I'm just a sucker who'd pay a yearly subscription to watch the race uninterrupted if there were a way to offer it.

Well, to be perfectly honest, pure racing CAN be as boring as watching paint dry. The simple fact is we live in an instant gratification "game 7 moment" world, and if you can't offer something "special" often enough, people will find something else to watch. That's why the NFL has all the defense crippling rules it has, why the NBA has the shot clock and why MLB has juiced baseballs. About 1% of the viewing audience is really interested in watching someone win by nine seconds, whether it is "pure" or not. I don't like how many things have been handled, but I GET sometimes what they are trying to do. I will also say that as much as I hate phony cautions, races without cautions tend to get dull in a hurry. That's one of the big downsides of having cars that are so bulletproof and not on the edge of control.

I don’t have a problem with the stage cautions or the stage points too much. Just wish it was 25%-25%-50%.

Speaking of commercials, what happened to the Symbicort ads that used to run 30 times during every NASCAR race? The stupid family playing big bad wolf and the three pigs. That little pecker mouthing off about the guy's breathing problems, "Like you do sometimes grandpa?" Literally the exact same script in every commercial, but several versions with different actors. I kind of miss those commercials now, LOL

Speaking of commercials, what happened to the Symbicort ads that used to run 30 times during every NASCAR race? The stupid family playing big bad wolf and the three pigs. That little pecker mouthing off about the guy's breathing problems, "Like you do sometimes grandpa?" Literally the exact same script in every commercial, but several versions with different actors. I kind of miss those commercials now, LOL
I miss that Grandpa.
1634665302109.png

Back
Top Bottom