Hate to say I told you so.........

NASCAR apparently did their homework. They concluded that 1 lug nut is better than 5 after extensive research. We'll see how the rest of the race goes.

Remember last year when I told everyone we would see more wheels detached from cars than we EVER saw with the five lug nuts, loose or not, and remember how many people told me I didn't know what the hell I was talking about? I rest my case.
One wheel came loose. I seem to recall that happening with five lug wheels occasionally.

Remember last year when I told everyone we would see more wheels detached from cars than we EVER saw with the five lug nuts, loose or not, and remember how many people told me I didn't know what the hell I was talking about? I rest my case.
oh boy! Where have you been? NASCAR has been looking for you! The first race of the year and what we saw 2 tires loose? Or maybe just 1, the other came off the rim.

Let's wait and see how the other 35 races play out first before you crown yourself a prophet, said with respect, there are going to be growing pains and learning curves, the first half of the season is going to be all about getting used to the new car.

One wheel came loose. I seem to recall that happening with five lug wheels occasionally.
When I asked the question, the last example anybody could come with was Dale Jr. in 2004. It happened today, it WILL happen again, just as it does in EVERY other series than run single lug wheels. I'm just saying......

Let's wait and see how the other 35 races play out first before you crown yourself a prophet, said with respect, there are going to be growing pains and learning curves, the first half of the season is going to be all about getting used to the new car.
It has nothing to do with growing pains, it's just part of what can and sometimes does happen with these wheels. If everybody wants to use them for whatever reason, fine, but don't pretend that they are safer than five on five, because they are just not. 99.9% of the time, loose five lug wheels give the driver sufficient warming. Single lug wheels often don't.

I think I would have waited awhile before I based a judgement after the first round of pit stops with everything brand new for the first time, but that's just me.

Look, just because you jacked an ASA car under caution with a 10 minute pit window dont expect me to take you seriously
lebron-james.gif

A lot of these are specific circumstances though so it's probably not what you mean. The 2004 Kurt Busch Homestead one was crazy because if it fell off a bit earlier then Jimmie might have won that title.

So @Formerjackman was correct about the pushrods and so far is correct about the wheels.
I'll be interested to see how this situation unfolds in the coming weeks.

So @Formerjackman was correct about the pushrods and so far is correct about the wheels.
I'll be interested to see how this situation unfolds in the coming weeks.
You’re going to send out bouquets after only one race? I’m gonna let it play out over at least a few races before I say anyone was correct.

You’re going to send out bouquets after only one race? I’m gonna let it play out over at least a few races before I say anyone was correct.
Read it again.
Maybe I should have highlighted the "so far" part and the "see how this situation unfolds in the coming weeks" part.

Yes, but, they still have double wishbone front suspension, truck arms and a solid one piece rear axle.
And steel wheels and tires with a larger sidewall and an inner liner.

Composite bodies are helpful for beating and banging, in the past few years Xfinity cars could take more contact than Cup cars.
In the first big one, the 9 hit the 5 from the rear and had what they described on radio as an eight inch dent from the nose to near the wheel well. Last year, that’s catastrophic. This year? It popped right out during a pit stop and was fine.

Back
Top Bottom