Hendrick Motorsport News

Me too.

I'm glad HMS uses a different designer for the Ally schemes. They seem to get better every year
I prefer when team cars have at least ONE unifying design element that ties them together as team cars, like the side lines from behind the front wheel that DEI cars used to have. I also prefer that team cars also use the same number font

I prefer when team cars have at least ONE unifying design element that ties them together as team cars, like the side lines from behind the front wheel that DEI cars used to have. I also prefer that team cars also use the same number font

I think it can be a nice touch when executed well, but generally I'm indifferent. I really liked the 80s/90s when the HMS 5, 17, 24, 25, etc all had vastly different schemes and number fonts.

I agree that the original DEI template looked awesome, but never cared for the Penske cars when they all had scallops. I like the Penske number font though. Some design elements are just weird, like the rounded fender stripes and neon yellow B-pillar "cap" Thorsport puts on their trucks. HATED that stupid "swoop" thing that Petty used for a while in their Ambrose/Almirola/Bubba days.

I always thought it was weird how the JGR #20 looks more like the HMS 24/48, while the rest of the JGR cars all share the same font.

This was as good as it gets, IMO. Loved all three cars.....

lvtmw7dz0kia1.jpg

Somewhere, there's a pic from 1987 of Rick at his dealership with the 5, 17, and 25 cars. That was pretty awesome too

This was as good as it gets, IMO. Loved all three cars.....

lvtmw7dz0kia1.jpg

Somewhere, there's a pic from 1987 of Rick at his dealership with the 5, 17, and 25 cars. That was pretty awesome too
I always thought the 5 font was weird. Much preferred the 24 and 48 font. The 25 was fine too. Those were all good looking cars, but the first generation of the DuPont fire and flames blows them ALL away in my opinion. The Performance Alliance reverse scheme used a couple of times in the All Star races is a close second. I have the paint codes for those cars, I was always hoping to have an excuse to use them on something, particularly the blue.

I think he made the right decision to stop driving the sprint cars. It will be interesting to see who he picks to drive the 55x midget car.
I was hoping he would get Chase, Hailie's fiance. He's good but he needs a good ride. Hailie and Chase are both running the Shootout in their micros.

I was hoping he would get Chase, Hailie's fiance. He's good but he needs a good ride. Hailie and Chase are both running the Shootout in their micros.
Chase Cabre was able to get an offered midget ride in the Chili Bowl year before last after he ran the shootout and I believe he got up to the C features in a so so ride. He went out because of mechanicals I believe. He ran 4 years in ARCA east finishing 2nd overall in one of those years for REV racing. No money, couldn't go any higher.

I would love to see the 48 team regroup and come out swinging hard like they did at the start of this year. Alex Bowman the 2024 NASCAR Cup Champion has a nice ring to it. :punkrocke

I would love to see the 48 team regroup and come out swinging hard like they did at the start of this year. Alex Bowman the 2024 NASCAR Cup Champion has a nice ring to it. :punkrocke

I appreciate your enthusiasm and loyalty.

I appreciate your enthusiasm and loyalty.
Being loyal has bitten me in the azz a few times, but I will always be as loyal as I possibly can...especially to someone as nice and as good a person as Alex is... and a racing organization that I have enjoyed watching build championship teams for many years. Long live HMS. :punkrocke

Being loyal has bitten me in the azz a few times, but I will always be as loyal as I possibly can...especially to someone as nice and as good a person as Alex is... and a racing organization that I have enjoyed watching build championship teams for many years. Long live HMS. :punkrocke
It sucks that he caught a tough break in the sprinter. He was a little early as they have invented a seat recently that takes a large part of the shock out of rough landings.

Dunno....I think part of being a fan is loyalty.....The highs are much sweeter after enduring the lows. If Alex were to win a championship, you can be rest assured that there will be a throng that said they knew it would happen all along when only a few really had been there....and that's okay, but not as satisfying as going through it all with your driver....just my opinion of course.

Dunno....I think part of being a fan is loyalty.....The highs are much sweeter after enduring the lows. If Alex were to win a championship, you can be rest assured that there will be a throng that said they knew it would happen all along when only a few really had been there....and that's okay, but not as satisfying as going through it all with your driver....just my opinion of course.
Even if he never wins a championship, I am so happy to see that the youngster that I watched grow up at the tracks on the west coast make a successful career doing something he wanted so bad and worked so hard to achieve. He has done an awesome job for HMS on and off the track, and I'm sure he will continue to do so for the rest of his career. That is just the kind of guy he is. He would have to do something pretty outrageous for me not to root for him. The fact that he landed at HMS is just the icing on the cake for me as a NASCAR fan. :D

Even if he never wins a championship, I am so happy to see that the youngster that I watched grow up at the tracks on the west coast make a successful career doing something he wanted so bad and worked so hard to achieve. He has done an awesome job for HMS on and off the track, and I'm sure he will continue to do so for the rest of his career. That is just the kind of guy he is. He would have to do something pretty outrageous for me not to root for him. The fact that he landed at HMS is just the icing on the cake for me as a NASCAR fan. :D

It is interesting what each fan looks for in a driver isn't it?

The four-car squad also led the series in top-five finishes (42), top-10s (67) and stage wins (19). Byron led the series in wins (six), stage wins (nine), top-10 finishes (21) and average finish (10.97). Larson (1,127) and Byron (1,016) ranked one-two in laps led and that duo was tied for the most top-five finishes (15) on the season. The seasons of Larson and Byron culminated in Championship 4 appearances that saw those drivers finish second and third, respectively, in the final standings.

Across 463 events in 2023 in the Cup and Xfinity Series, there was only one engine issue for teams that utilized Hendrick Motorsports horsepower. That is a 99.8% success rate. The engine shop supplies Chevrolet engines to Hendrick Motorsports, JTG Daugherty Racing and Spire Motorsports in the Cup Series as well as JR Motorsports, DGM Racing and its own partial schedule efforts in the Xfinity ranks.

It sucks that he caught a tough break in the sprinter. He was a little early as they have invented a seat recently that takes a large part of the shock out of rough landings.
Who is manufacturing it?

The four-car squad also led the series in top-five finishes (42), top-10s (67) and stage wins (19). Byron led the series in wins (six), stage wins (nine), top-10 finishes (21) and average finish (10.97). Larson (1,127) and Byron (1,016) ranked one-two in laps led and that duo was tied for the most top-five finishes (15) on the season. The seasons of Larson and Byron culminated in Championship 4 appearances that saw those drivers finish second and third, respectively, in the final standings.

Across 463 events in 2023 in the Cup and Xfinity Series, there was only one engine issue for teams that utilized Hendrick Motorsports horsepower. That is a 99.8% success rate. The engine shop supplies Chevrolet engines to Hendrick Motorsports, JTG Daugherty Racing and Spire Motorsports in the Cup Series as well as JR Motorsports, DGM Racing and its own partial schedule efforts in the Xfinity ranks.

0 Championships. I know your pain.

Love the 5’s scheme, very well done and clean. The 24’s looks like it’s wearing eye liner, but hey Valvoline writes the checks

Love the 5’s scheme, very well done and clean. The 24’s looks like it’s wearing eye liner, but hey Valvoline writes the checks

Not surprisingly, I hate it. I absolutely despise the random blue shapes they have on the A- and C-pillars. And just like pretty much other HMS scheme, there's too many random shapes and a weird flow to the stripes.

It's pretty hard to screw up a Valvoline scheme, but if anyone can do it, just leave it to the HMS designers.

Back
Top Bottom