Hendrick Motorsport News

The 24 Axalta special edition scheme is better than the main one, reminds me of the Radiant Red one Jeff ran his final year in the 24. I’d also love to get my hands on that Hendrick ZL1. I guess when you’re a Felon, Chevy makes you a special Camaro. Also probably lots of memories for JG at that Chevy building, I think that’s the OG Victory Lane at Daytona where JG celebrated 2 of his 3 500 victories at.

The 24 Axalta special edition scheme is better than the main one, reminds me of the Radiant Red one Jeff ran his final year in the 24. I’d also love to get my hands on that Hendrick ZL1. I guess when you’re a Felon, Chevy makes you a special Camaro. Also probably lots of memories for JG at that Chevy building, I think that’s the OG Victory Lane at Daytona where JG celebrated 2 of his 3 500 victories at.

I love all those paint schemes and the awesome looking ZL1.

That Axalta scheme is EASILY 100 times better looking than ANYTHING that has been on the 24 car in recent years. The Liberty scheme is the only one that isn't completely awful. I love the Camaro, but if I win it, the first thing that happens is those ugly ass black wheels go into storage. I wouldn't be caught dead driving it that way.

That Axalta scheme is EASILY 100 times better looking than ANYTHING that has been on the 24 car in recent years. The Liberty scheme is the only one that isn't completely awful. I love the Camaro, but if I win it, the first thing that happens is those ugly ass black wheels go into storage. I wouldn't be caught dead driving it that way.
I like the look of the 23X haulers so much better since they took those awful looking black wheels off and went back to polished aluminum wheels this year. Whoever started that fad quite a few years ago should be flogged repeatedly. :D

Wheels, especially in today's featureless cars that are painted black are seldom something I would want on a car. It's one of the few spots on the car where some styling can be used, and the automakers go full cheap lazy and nutless when given a chance to do something to improve the looks of the car.

Wheels, especially in today's featureless cars that are painted black are seldom something I would want on a car. It's one of the few spots on the car where some styling can be used, and the automakers go full cheap lazy and nutless when given a chance to do something to improve the looks of the car.
They're just giving customers what they want. I've read on so many groups where the 1st thing people do when purchasing a new vehicle is black them out.

I love all those paint schemes and the awesome looking ZL1.
the 24 really knocks my socks off. I wish that was his weekly Axalta scheme. Very nice car. The ZL1 Chevy is only making 40 of them, so getting one's hands on it is going to be costly. I found a few G56 Camaro ZL's (only 56 were made) and the car dealerships I found them at wanted anywhere from 120 k to 150k

It’s a shame Walmart doesn’t care any NASCAR stuff. Shirts, hats, lunch boxes probably would sell like hotcakes.
There was a time in NASCAR lore that if Walmart carried it, it was a REAL sponsor of a team or the sport. It's preposterous those days have quickly come to an end, I mean what is HendrickCars.com anyway?

There was a time in NASCAR lore that if Walmart carried it, it was a real sponsor of a team or the sport. It's preposterous those days have quickly come to an end, I mean what is HendrickCars.com anyway?

Imagine if NASCAR worked with its partners on merchandise at Walmart, I think a group of 4-8 drivers like the Gillette Young Guns days would be good marketing.

- 1 - Ross Chastain - Busch Light stuff
- 5 - Kyle Larson - HendrickCars/Chevrolet Accessories (?) stuff
- 8 - Kyle Busch - Lucas Oil/Chevrolet Accessories (?) stuff
- 9 - Chase Elliott - NAPA Auto Parts/Chevrolet stuff
- 11 - Denny Hamlin - Toyota/FedEx stuff
- 22 - Joey Logano - Ford/Shell stuff
- 23 - Bubba Wallace - McDonalds stuff

Imagine if NASCAR worked with it’s partners on merchandise at Walmart.

- 1 - Ross Chastain - Busch Light stuff
- 5 - Kyle Larson - HendrickCars/Chevrolet Accessories (?) stuff
- 8 - Kyle Busch - Lucas Oil/Chevrolet Accessories (?) stuff
- 9 - Chase Elliott - NAPA Auto Parts stuff
- 11 - Denny Hamlin - FedEx stuff
- 22 - Joey Logano - Ford/Shell stuff
- 23 - Bubba Wallace - McDonalds stuff
all real items, all REAL sponsors in my book.

The CORRECT attitude for an equity team partner to have.
True, but it is also the correct attitude most people have when working for a good company they really enjoy working for. I have never met Jeff Gordon, but I have met a lot of other HMS employees, from the nice receptionist that greets visitors and issues the visitors pass that allows access to the work areas at the main shop building, crewmembers, truck drivers, and even the girls and guys that work at the HMS museum. None of them has ever gave me any kind of a vibe that hinted they didn't love working at HMS. Heck, Alex Bowman actually said it was like a family there and that he would never go anywhere else as long as Rick wanted him to be there.

True, but it is also the correct attitude most people have when working for a good company they really enjoy working for. I have never met Jeff Gordon, but I have met a lot of other HMS employees, from the nice receptionist that greets visitors and issues the visitors pass that allows access to the work areas at the main shop building, crewmembers, truck drivers, and even the girls and guys that work at the HMS museum. None of them has ever gave me any kind of a vibe that hinted they didn't love working at HMS. Heck, Alex Bowman actually said it was like a family there and that he would never go anywhere else as long as Rick wanted him to be there.
Another indicator is the lack of turnover. Most of the main guys have been there for years.

Same. Last summer at my product expo I was walking around looking at the latest offerings while wearing my blue HendrickCars.com hat. A fellow that worked in Corporate for my company, I believe was a purchaser stopped me and was all excited about the hat I was wearing. We started to talking and turns out he worked at HMS as a middle level account executive trying to secure new partners for the team. He had nothing but nice things to say about the culture of company, his bosses, how you’re honestly put in best position to succeed and how you w/l as a team. It was pretty eye opening to hear someone say all this that isn’t on tv every week and actually was in the trenches on the office side

I hope he's connected with the sport and HMS as long as he wants and health allows, its very cool to see my childhood hero so very involved in the sport still.
That just makes me wonder and wish mine could be too. How amazing would it be in the modern day to see Gordon vs Earnhardt rivalry part 2 as owners.

Well, I was actually taking a not so subtle dig at one of Jeff's contemporaries that shows up only when he doesn't have something else he'd rather be doing. ;)

I don't like HMS on the track but it sounds like a phenomenal place to work. Rick does seem loyal to his guys, which is admirable in a team owner.

Hendrick is going Xfinity racing.

HendrickCars.com returns to sponsor No. 17 Chevrolet in NASCAR Xfinity Series​

1709050608581.png

Hendrick is going Xfinity racing.

HendrickCars.com returns to sponsor No. 17 Chevrolet in NASCAR Xfinity Series​

View attachment 77148
It must be paying off having his companies name on the 5 car for the past few years...or he is desperately needing another tax deduction. I remember a lot of people here were making a lot of negative remarks about him spending his own money putting his companies name on the 5 car when he first hired Larson. A few years and a couple of championships later it looks to me like it may have been a pretty smart decision.

Back
Top Bottom