Hendrick Motorsport News

Do you subscribe to the Barney got screwed by JGR NARRATIVE? The only facts there are contrary to the BS opinion around here. So, I am asking honestly....Do you subscribe to that NARRATIVE? Again, asking honestly....Could you please provide a link that Jimmie was offered --but turned down--the Life Sentence deal that Jeffy and Chadly received?.....Why might have he turned that down do you think? Additionally, this subject was addressed in the almighty Door, Bumper, Clear podcast that seems to be valued by some here as well.....so, it ain't just me.....
Here ya go clown car, here are a couple of them. Google first and you won't look so lost.

“I had opportunities to become an owner with Mr. Hendrick back in the day through contract negotiations. But, a lot of this framework I just spoke of, wasn’t around.”

Interesting down at the end of the article, the yotas are saying now that Gibbs has lost his ability to be an affiliate partner by stating all of the teams deal directly with TRD instead of going thru the cutthroat.

It is interesting to me that so many forget that Barney got a championship out of the deal at a time when it was hard for a team of that size to do so....but whatever.....narrative.
Sold his soul to the Preacher, huh?

Do you subscribe to the Barney got screwed by JGR NARRATIVE? The only facts there are contrary to the BS opinion around here. So, I am asking honestly....Do you subscribe to that NARRATIVE? Again, asking honestly....Could you please provide a link that Jimmie was offered --but turned down--the Life Sentence deal that Jeffy and Chadly received?.....Why might have he turned that down do you think? Additionally, this subject was addressed in the almighty Door, Bumper, Clear podcast that seems to be valued by some here as well.....so, it ain't just me.....
Yes, I believe the "narrative", because everything we DO know as fact suggests it. Does that make it true? in and by itself, no. Lacking any new evidence to the contrary, I'll go to my grave believing it. Would I swear to it on a bible? Of course not. As for Legacy, Jimmie is a MINORITY partner. We don't even know for sure that he was ever even ASKED about a manufacturer switch. The very first version I of the story I saw circulated suggested that Toyota called Maury Gallagher and pitched a deal. ALSO keep in mind that this team through multiple ownership changes has changed manufactuers about five times since 2000. They were a Chevy team most recently, but there is no long standing ties there to Chevy, they have not produced any major results for Chevy, so Chevy's only long standing relationship with Legacy was through minority owner Jimmie Johnson. I for one would like to know if Jimmie EVER approached GM about increasing their support of Legacy during or after his negotiations to buy into the team.

Yes, I believe the "narrative", because everything we DO know as fact suggests it.
That, my friend, is complete bull****. It never ends....I won't even bother to ask you where you found that TRD pitched Maury.

---

Visser also wouldn't blame JGR for increasing the price on the alliance. He wouldn't say how much the increase was, but Visser said he was willing to pay his fair share.

"What Joe Gibbs was talking about wasn't ridiculous," Visser said of the alliance fee. "His numbers were purely objective. ... What we couldn't agree on was how much we brought to them and how much that was worth spread over four cars. That was subjective.

---

---

It is so cute....like a 6 year old clutching a teddy bear.....there just has to be a Santa....has to be....

Interesting down at the end of the article, the yotas are saying now that Gibbs has lost his ability to be an affiliate partner by stating all of the teams deal directly with TRD instead of going thru the cutthroat.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel with this....Apex Off? ....no mention of Barney's actual quote....and no direct quote about doubling the price. You are so desperate. Let it go man.

Why didn't Toyota make their championship team an offer they couldn't refuse....or why didn't the Preacher give Visser a little love?
They did, and he did. Barney ran out of cash and energy. Period.

Why didn't Toyota make their championship team an offer they couldn't refuse....or why didn't the Preacher give Visser a little love?
You are bitter now that Jimmie is a Toyota man. It will be okay.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel with this....Apex Off? ....no mention of Barney's actual quote....and no direct quote about doubling the price. You are so desperate. Let it go man.

Imagine basing your entire argument off of a couple sentences from a PR media session instead of using common sense to understand what's actually happening. Why do you hang on every word that is said when a reporter sticks a mic in someone's face? What a spin. Barney had the class to take the high road, and good for him.

Gibbs didn't like getting beat by his affiliate, so he raised the price, likely knowing the outcome. And what did Gibbs get out of it? A championship driver, his CC, his sponsor, his whole team. Now cannibalized into JGR, so Joe could reap the benefits.

But but but Petty/GMS, the least successful Chevrolet team with zero brand loyalty over their entire history, jumped ship to a manufacturer who needed more cars and could offer more money. What a shocker!!!! :rolleyes:

You are bitter now that Jimmie is a Toyota man. It will be okay.

What is Jimmie doing on the track nowadays? Anything of significance?

Trust me, I'm not losing any sleep over it. Believe it or not, those 7 titles and all those wins are still under the Hendrick/Chevrolet banner. You can't change history.

Here you go again clown car. All you do is lose and look pretty dumb with your constant gaslighting
Did the team’s relationship with Toyota Racing Development technical partner and rival Joe Gibbs Racing have an impact?

A: Yes. According to the release announcing its impending closure, Furniture Row Racing cited “the rising costs of continuing a team alliance with Joe Gibbs Racing” as a reason it couldn’t bridge its 2019 budget shortfall. Beyond the financials, it’s difficult to discern whether underlying tension also was a factor.

Here you go again clown car. All you do is lose and look pretty dumb with your constant gaslighting
Did the team’s relationship with Toyota Racing Development technical partner and rival Joe Gibbs Racing have an impact?

A: Yes. According to the release announcing its impending closure, Furniture Row Racing cited “the rising costs of continuing a team alliance with Joe Gibbs Racing” as a reason it couldn’t bridge its 2019 budget shortfall. Beyond the financials, it’s difficult to discern whether underlying tension also was a factor.

Who looks dumb when Barney----God, how many times I have had to post this---said himself, that the price was NOT unreasonable. I suspect he tried to leverage Pearn to get a discount, and it failed. My bias....once again....is matched by your hatred for all things Toyota. Gaslighting?....you are the master. Everybody loved Barney and his underdog story. He ran out of money and will due to his heart attack.

Barney couldn’t leverage a Cup Championship into a couple of years worth of nice-sized checks from another corporate sponsor other than one he owned?

There’s obviously not enough money in mattresses.

That, my friend, is complete bull****. It never ends....I won't even bother to ask you where you found that TRD pitched Maury.

---

Visser also wouldn't blame JGR for increasing the price on the alliance. He wouldn't say how much the increase was, but Visser said he was willing to pay his fair share.

"What Joe Gibbs was talking about wasn't ridiculous," Visser said of the alliance fee. "His numbers were purely objective. ... What we couldn't agree on was how much we brought to them and how much that was worth spread over four cars. That was subjective.

---

---

It is so cute....like a 6 year old clutching a teddy bear.....there just has to be a Santa....has to be....
Where I "found" it was the news wire either the day of the announcement or very shortly after. Right or wrong, it was in a news story with quotes, not an opinion piece.

We KNOW that JGR raised their price. We KNOW that there was at least some friction between JGR and FRR. We KNOW that JGR ended up with the driver and the crew chief (at least for a year). We KNOW that Visser decided to leave the sport after FINALLY getting to the top of it. Lay the situation and the KNOWN facts to 10 random people on the street, and likely 9 of them will conclude that JGR played the situation dirty. Once again, does that make it true? Of course not, but minus any other facts (Barney's PR spin doesn't count) it's not hard to understand why people would conclude the same thing. JGR COULD have become a lifeline to help keep FRR in the sport. There is no evidence of even an attempt to do so. For that matter, Toyota could have too.

Where I "found" it was the news wire either the day of the announcement or very shortly after. Right or wrong, it was in a news story with quotes, not an opinion piece.

We KNOW that JGR raised their price. We KNOW that there was at least some friction between JGR and FRR. We KNOW that JGR ended up with the driver and the crew chief (at least for a year). We KNOW that Visser decided to leave the sport after FINALLY getting to the top of it. Lay the situation and the KNOWN facts to 10 random people on the street, and likely 9 of them will conclude that JGR played the situation dirty. Once again, does that make it true? Of course not, but minus any other facts (Barney's PR spin doesn't count) it's not hard to understand why people would conclude the same thing. JGR COULD have become a lifeline to help keep FRR in the sport. There is no evidence of even an attempt to do so. For that matter, Toyota could have too.
It's not PR spin. We would call that a direct quote.....but you go kid.....as for friction between the teams..... @StandOnIt fine publication says there was no proof of that. Which way you gonna have it....Never mind.....we know....support the almighty narrative. You can line up all of this bull****, but the guy that was most impacted actually said that the price wasn't unfair. Ten random people with a brain skip all of the other "facts," and would point to that. Why so much disrespect for Barney's integrity?

Barney couldn’t leverage a Cup Championship into a couple of years worth of nice-sized checks from another corporate sponsor other than one he owned?

There’s obviously not enough money in mattresses.
A voice of reason.....messes with the narrative, but input much appreciated and respected.

It's not PR spin. We would call that a direct quote.....but you go kid.....as for friction between the teams..... @StandOnIt fine publication says there was no proof of that. Which way you gonna have it....Never mind.....we know....support the almighty narrative. You can line up all of this bull****, but the guy that was most impacted actually said that the price wasn't unfair. Ten random people with a brain skip all of the other "facts," and would point to that. Why so much disrespect for Barney's integrity?
People say things EVERY DAY that are either partially untrue or completely untrue.

A voice of reason.....messes with the narrative, but input much appreciated and respected.
I don't think it was a matter of Barney not having the funds to continue as much as it he was probably just sick of playing the game. Leaves one alliance for another one, achieves great success, then gets held up by JGR. Probably just easier to say the hell with it, who needs the hassle?

And the cutthroat has sold off part of his teams and is no longer the yota hub that teams have to go thru to pony up money for info and parts. End of story.

It's not PR spin. We would call that a direct quote

Come on Rev, you weren't born yesterday. Don't pretend to be so naïve.

The irony is that all of this started up again because you continued to take shots at HMS/Chevy. Poor little Jimmie getting left out in the cold by mean old Chevy and the big bad Felon. Something about throwing stones and a glass house comes to mind.....

Why so much disrespect for Barney's integrity?

Quite the opposite, actually. I think he deserves respect for not dragging anyone's name through the mud out in public.

You should quit acting like we all had a serious conversation with the man in private. Look at the situation objectively....oh, wait, I forgot who I am talking to.

Hell, didn't we have an insider (Allen?) confirm pretty much everything that has been said over the last two pages?

Here is an undisputable FACT:

EVERY Toyota team besides JGR (and now their 23XI offshoot) went out of business except for one (JTGD) who jumped ship to Chevrolet.

Take that however you will.

Here is an undisputable FACT:

EVERY Toyota team besides JGR (and now their 23XI offshoot) went out of business except for one (JTGD) who jumped ship to Chevrolet.

Take that however you will.
It's every teams fault right lol. Everything is fine. Legacy at least doesn't have to deal exclusively with the cutthroat anymore, they may have a chance. Meanwhile all is well over at Hendrick and maybe the Revman will move over to one of his many yoter threads and try to blow smoke up somebodies ass over there. Meanwhile after all of the B.S., the facts are that the yotas are tied after all these years of trying with this OEM

1700665481260.jpeg

Come on Rev, you weren't born yesterday. Don't pretend to be so naïve.

The irony is that all of this started up again because you continued to take shots at HMS/Chevy. Poor little Jimmie getting left out in the cold by mean old Chevy and the big bad Felon. Something about throwing stones and a glass house comes to mind.....

You wanna talk naive? That's having a conversation about Toyota with rev and thinking that it will be constructive!

In an effort to get this thread back on track, I'll insert these quotes courtesy of the jackman, because it probably needs said twice.....

The whole Jimmie angle is pure speculation. We don't even know how much Jimmie was even involved in that decision, if at all. We also have no idea what if anything Chevy was willing to offer. As far as HMS, Jimmie had his chance to have a deal similar to Jeff's and be a lifetime stakeholder, but turned it down, so NOW Rick is supposed to bend over backward and throw money at him? Where was Jimmie's loyalty to HMS buying into a competitor? For all we know, maybe Jimmie's plan was to bring Legacy closer to the HMS orbit and was derailed by Maury's deal with Toyota. Mindless speculation works both ways. Once again, your blinders only let you see things ONE way, and of that one way is whichever way makes Rick and or Chevy the bad guy. Dramatic, but I'm interested in facts, not theater. Let me know when you get some, and just to remind you, press releases and sound bites aren't automatically facts.

As for Legacy, Jimmie is a MINORITY partner. We don't even know for sure that he was ever even ASKED about a manufacturer switch. The very first version I of the story I saw circulated suggested that Toyota called Maury Gallagher and pitched a deal. ALSO keep in mind that this team through multiple ownership changes has changed manufactuers about five times since 2000. They were a Chevy team most recently, but there is no long standing ties there to Chevy, they have not produced any major results for Chevy, so Chevy's only long standing relationship with Legacy was through minority owner Jimmie Johnson.

Also, I never received a response to this question about Chevrolet's budget......

Half of the cars in the field were Chevrolets last year. Do you think it's smart to alienate your current teams to throw money at Petty/GMS simply because Jimmie bought in? Should they have kicked RCR or Trackhouse to the curb? Should they have got into a bidding war just to keep a bowtie on Jimmie's uniform when he races twice a year?

But, you know, the NARRATIVE that HMS/Chevy turned their back on Jimmie....well there's exactly one person in the world who is foolish enough to roll with that silly narrative. I guess sometimes you really gotta grasp at straws to keep your shtick going :wacko:

I don't think it was a matter of Barney not having the funds to continue as much as it he was probably just sick of playing the game. Leaves one alliance for another one, achieves great success, then gets held up by JGR. Probably just easier to say the hell with it, who needs the hassle?
Probably got tired of lying to the media as well.

In an effort to get this thread back on track, I'll insert these quotes courtesy of the jackman, because it probably needs said twice.....

Also, I never received a response to this question about Chevrolet's budget......

But, you know, the NARRATIVE that HMS/Chevy turned their back on Jimmie....well there's exactly one person in the world who is foolish enough to roll with that silly narrative. I guess sometimes you really gotta grasp at straws to keep your shtick going :wacko:
Door, Bumper, Clear on the Jimmie thing. Look it up. So, there's four of US.

Do you really think that Chevy gives a **** about RCR? Trackhouse was cute until the Felon got restless....then whoever else? Do you really and truly think that Jim Campbell wanted equity?

Your biased BS fuels the narrative.

Quite the opposite, actually. I think he deserves respect for not dragging anyone's name through the mud out in public.

You should quit acting like we all had a serious conversation with the man in private. Look at the situation objectively....oh, wait, I forgot who I am talking to.

Hell, didn't we have an insider (Allen?) confirm pretty much everything that has been said over the last two pages?
The objective analysis is to take the man on his word because there is 100% no reason not to. Jesus Christ.

So awesome how some around here selectively reference @Allenbaba ....think he also said something about what a quality group TRD is...and maybe something about David Wilson and his character....but you know.....wait for it......THE NARRATIVE!!!!!!!

I usually wait until he gets so far out on a limb before I comment anymore. He's a one man propaganda outlet. :idunno:
Damn, I was hoping that you had blocked me by now. You don't want to leave me unattended. Rent is free.

This isn't really news because I think just about everyone already knew this. But I want to take time out of my busy Thanksgiving Day to thank HMS and all of their drivers for being such an outstanding organization and for giving me so much enjoyment watching them chasing championships every year. I don't think any other team could have produced the excitement level that they have done for me as a long time NASCAR fan. Sorry Roger...you are the man in Indy car...but Rick is, and will continue to be, the man in NASCAR as long as he is alive.
1700764557363.png

Oh I am aware of that.....look at this thread.
I'm not sure whether you saw it or not , but my comment contained a specific example of this, but some moderator got their feelings hurt and removed it. It perfectly illustrated the point I was trying to make in a way that MAYBE you would have understood. People in the racing business say things EVERY DAY that are for public consumption, not necessarily the whole truth, and most people are smart enough to understand that. You don't seem to believe ANYTHING Rick Hendrick says, so why should WE be forced to believe EVERYTHING Joe Gibbs, David Wilson or Barney Visser says? My experience in the racing business is that if there is ANY kind of reason not to tell the 100% truth, you are most likely not getting the 100% truth. In a sport where public relations holds more sway than pretty much any other sport, people have $millions$ of reasons to alter the facts or withhold their true feelings and opinions to suit their purpose. Take the statement that Matty D. just put out. I like the guy, but in my opinion that was enough BS to fill a manure spreader.

Back
Top Bottom