Hendrick Motorsport News

Hendrick Motorsports will be the center of attention at Martinsville, where Geoff Bodine’s victory in the spring of 1984 kept Rick Hendrick from closing down his first-year operation because it was taking more money and resources than Hendrick had anticipated. But the victory, the first for Hendrick in the NASCAR Cup Series, kept the company afloat and Bodine went on to win twice more that season.

The rest, as they say, is history. Hendrick Motorsports is now the winningest organization in the Cup Series.

All four Hendrick Motorsports drivers will all have special ruby red paint schemes at Martinsville Speedway. Jeff Gordon and Bodine are the co-grand marshals. Rick Hendrick is driving the pace car ahead of the Cook Out 400.

Hendrick Motorsports will be the center of attention at Martinsville, where Geoff Bodine’s victory in the spring of 1984 kept Rick Hendrick from closing down his first-year operation because it was taking more money and resources than Hendrick had anticipated. But the victory, the first for Hendrick in the NASCAR Cup Series, kept the company afloat and Bodine went on to win twice more that season.

The rest, as they say, is history. Hendrick Motorsports is now the winningest organization in the Cup Series.

All four Hendrick Motorsports drivers will all have special ruby red paint schemes at Martinsville Speedway. Jeff Gordon and Bodine are the co-grand marshals. Rick Hendrick is driving the pace car ahead of the Cook Out 400.

No pressure. Can't wait.

Chase Elliott's visit on the DJJ was super insightful.

People have kinda given him crap for seeming disinterested. And in a roundabout way, he addressed that.

To those who didn't watch... Chase pointed out, and implied that he's missed out on educational/academic experiences. His motivation for learning to fly/becoming a pilot was to "supplement the fact that I didn't go to college", and to basically challenge himself intellectually.
He also said that if he isn't doing something that challenges his thinking, or challenges him intellectually, he'd rot away.

To his point, some people just have an intellectual and academic itch that needs to be scratched. And if they're not learning about subjects from smart people, or being challenged intellectually, something is missing from their life.

Chase's interview seemed to heavily imply that. He sounded almost regretful that he didn't get to go to college, or have a sort of formal education. Flying is scratching that itch.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chase Elliott's visit on the DJJ was super insightful.

People have kinda given him crap for seeming disinterested. And in a roundabout way, he addressed that.

To those who didn't watch... Chase pointed out, and implied that he's missed out on educational/academic experiences. His motivation for learning to fly/becoming a pilot was to "supplement the fact that I didn't go to college", and to basically challenge himself intellectually.
He also said that if he isn't doing something that challenges his thinking, or challenges him intellectually, he'd rot away.

To his point, some people just have an intellectual and academic itch that needs to be scratched. And if they're not learning about subjects from smart people, or being challenged intellectually, something is missing from their life.

Chase's interview seemed to heavily imply that. He sounded almost regretful that he didn't get to go to college, or have a sort of formal education. Flying is scratching that itch.

I wish Chase would just start posting here at RF. It would be so educational for him and change his life.

IDK and then we would get the Burton gerbil to analyze him.
Apparently Burton Gerbil is leading the driver charge to Goodyear to advocate for a better product.

Don't know why.

It was a good interview. He more or less confirmed my theory on what's been going on with that team the last year+. In 2022 HMS hit the ground running with nextgen and Chase's old way of driving the old car was good enough, but as time went on and teams began to wrap their arms around the car, it began to suit his driving style less and less. Sounds like he's been really going to work to adjust that and I think that's shown a little already this year. I found it interesting that he and Kyle Busch have shared some conversation about struggling with the same things with this new car, and we know the talent Kyle is.

Also the whole idea that Chase was disinterested and didn't want to be there was always nonsense. He's 28 with many hobbies and plenty of cash, he could go off and do whatever he wants to make himself happy. The fact that he HAS taken his own time to race in so many other disciplines to try and get better the last 2-3 years clearly proves he wants to race more than anything.

Yep, a 1st-2nd-3rd and 8th place finish in Martinsville was awesome for HMS and Chevy. Plus an NHRA Pro Stock win in Phoenix for the Hendrick Cars.com sponsored Chevy was just icing on the cake. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I haven’t been so excited for Indy in a while.
I'm bummed, because I am going to be at a wedding in Yorktown Virginia about the time the race ends. I'll probably miss the 500 and 600 for the first time since I graduated from high school in 1985.

I'm bummed, because I am going to be at a wedding in Yorktown Virginia about the time the race ends. I'll probably miss the 500 and 600 for the first time since I graduated from high school in 1985.
I'd blow off the wedding. Memorial Day Weekend of Racing is sacred for me. I say this in jest, at least for you but I've been known to blow off an engagement or two if it was on Memorial Day, Labor Day, Daytona 500 weekends.

I'd blow off the wedding. Memorial Day Weekend of Racing is sacred for me. I say this in jest, at least for you but I've been known to blow off an engagement or two if it was on Memorial Day, Labor Day, Daytona 500 weekends.

Who the hell schedules their wedding on the Sunday before Memorial Day? Or any holiday weekend, or any Sunday for that matter.

Unless it’s a very close relative I would just tell them I will have to miss the wedding. 😃

Unless it’s a very close relative I would just tell them I will have to miss the wedding. 😃
We think alike ha ha ha. My brother scheduled his wedding on Wrestlemania 2 years ago and I was so bummed I had to miss it. I was the best man so I had more important duties, but I am of the mind that to get through the daily grind of life its okay to set little moments aside for yourself, I choose to do that by what big time racing event or wrestling event is going on.

For those interested I was able to buy a 2day stream for $3.99 up here in Canada from indy car website. Currently under yellow for rain

You're more dedicated than me. I missed a wedding a few years back because it was opening day of deer season.

Who the hell schedules their wedding on the Sunday before Memorial Day? Or any holiday weekend, or any Sunday for that matter.
Well, they are getting married at a historic inn across the street from the battlefield, and that was the only date they could get. The groom is one of my favorite cousins, and it's his first marriage. The wife and I are taking the scenic route through the mountains coming and going, so it will be a five day vacation for us.

The wedding conflict reminds of a go kart race we tried to run in the eighties. We were using my good friends truck to haul his go cart. The problem was that his mother was really sick with the pneumonia and it looked like we would need to skip that race.

My friends girlfriend came to his house to check on her future mother in law and that's when my buddy decided that we could go run the race while his girlfriend kept an eye on his mom.

The girlfriend was disgusted with us and really chewed us out whlle we finished loading up and we deserved it. But that didnt slow us down one bit and we was on our way.

They raced every Saturday night just about all year long except for a few weeks around Christmas. But when we got to the track it was deserted due to the freezing weather. There was no internet in those days and you just didnt know about those things until the actual discovery.

So we drove back to my friends house and told his girlfriend that our heart just wasn't in it while his mom was sick. We never said a word about the weather cancelation

I am older now and wouldn't do that kind of thing again

The wedding conflict reminds of a go kart race we tried to run in the eighties. We were using my good friends truck to haul his go cart. The problem was that his mother was really sick with the pneumonia and it looked like we would need to skip that race.

My friends girlfriend came to his house to check on her future mother in law and that's when my buddy decided that we could go run the race while his girlfriend kept an eye on his mom.

The girlfriend was disgusted with us and really chewed us out whlle we finished loading up and we deserved it. But that didnt slow us down one bit and we was on our way.

They raced every Saturday night just about all year long except for a few weeks around Christmas. But when we got to the track it was deserted due to the freezing weather. There was no internet in those days and you just didnt know about those things until the actual discovery.

So we drove back to my friends house and told his girlfriend that our heart just wasn't in it while his mom was sick. We never said a word about the weather cancelation

I am older now and wouldn't do that kind of thing again
Because you'd check the internet 1st.... then tell here you're hearts just not in it lol!

That was awesome. It's pretty cool to root for one of the elite team owners and his up-and-coming young superstar in NASCAR :punkrocke

Yea, its been very fun to watch Willy B the last 3 years take that next step into superstar driver and even more fun as a Jeff Gordon fan, to see that 24 win again pretty much regularly.

Back
Top Bottom