Hendrick Motorsport News

I guess the thing that really hasn't been mentioned is I wonder what 4 guys HMS will dig out to sit on the box? I know suspending a crew chief isn't really a penalty anymore but you still need a puppet to sit on the box

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Well there's Jeff, Rick and Chad left. Not sure on the other. :XXROFL: :XXROFL: :XXROFL: :XXROFL: :XXROFL: :XXROFL: :unsure: :puffin: :puffin: :puffin: :puffin:

I say this as an HMS fan btw. :mad::confused::confused::confused::(

Also tbh there's pretty much ALWAYS an appeal these days.

I think this one could get interesting. Jeff made it sound like there was dialog back and forth about something, so you would think there had been issues and possibly nascar was directing them in how to remedy them. This is what gets me. If a team needs to modify your standard part because it doesn't work properly, how can you nail them for modifying it improperly? Your standard part should work how it's issued to the team.

That is no different than the RFK deal last year. The team needed to repair an issued part because the sanctioning body didn't have enough available. So basically, you're leading a team down a road to set them up for failure.

If standard parts need to modified or repaired, that should be done by the sanctioning body, not the teams. "I'm sorry I did a bad job at doing your job"

I think this one could get interesting. Jeff made it sound like there was dialog back and forth about something, so you would think there had been issues and possibly nascar was directing them in how to remedy them. This is what gets me. If a team needs to modify your standard part because it doesn't work properly, how can you nail them for modifying it improperly? Your standard part should work how it's issued to the team.

That is no different than the RFK deal last year. The team needed to repair an issued part because the sanctioning body didn't have enough available. So basically, you're leading a team down a road to set them up for failure.

If standard parts need to modified or repaired, that should be done by the sanctioning body, not the teams. "I'm sorry I did a bad job at doing your job"

Keselowski drilled out the holes larger on the back of the wheels to make it easier to index on pit stops. He did Penske's wheels also without notifying Nascar first.

Keselowski drilled out the holes larger on the back of the wheels to make it easier to index on pit stops. He did Penske's wheels also without notifying Nascar first.
I'm talking about the diffuser repair they got busted for last year

Nascar said they altered a body panel, they altered the wheels and didn't get a penalty, but with both incidents they didn't inform Nascar first and there is the rub and they didn't get the work approved like they are supposed to do. So far we know little of nothing about the louvers except Nascar didn't like them and we the public probably won't know until after the appeal(s). Kaulig might? spill the beans. :idunno:

Jeffy is just playing the game...and you are operating on the assumption that he is telling the truth. He sounds like an idiot to those who are not part of the Ex Con Nation.

RFK repaired a piece and "improved" the original design. Not unlike a piece of tape on a front quarter of a Camry.

These guys play with fractions of inches....I think they are capable of legal repairs is that is the goal.

All that said, I am sure that the Ex Con took a trip to his bank for a stack of hundreds as he prepares for the appeal. Might gift a couple of Hondas to some key players as well.

I expect a drastically reduced penalty after the appeal....because Hendrick.

Hush Christopher.
CRYING BABY.jpg

Claire B Lang
@ClaireBLang

From Hendrick Motorsports: We are disappointed with today’s decision by NASCAR to issue penalties and have elected to appeal based on a variety of facts that include: (cont)
Documented inconsistent and unclear communication by the sanctioning body specifically related to louvers (cont)
Recent comparable penalties issued by NASCAR have been related to issues discovered during a post-race inspection
Is it possible for the Garage 56 to get DQ'ed? That could be embarrassing. Ole Jimmy France better look into that. Putting all of your eggs in the Ex Con's basket might not have been a great move.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible for the Garage 56 to get DQ'ed? That could be embarrassing. Ole Jimmy France better look into that. Putting all of your eggs in the Ex Con's basket might not have been a great move.
It's too bad your manufacturer bias and hatred for HMS is what it is because I feel somewhere deep down in there you're capable of providing more than reasonable and knowledgeable input

@Revman will be dancing
Not really. MY Toyotas aren't fast enough. That is my concern. The Hendrick **** doesn't surprise me in the least. Honestly, I feel bad for Hendrick fans. Speaking from personal experience after Pocono....What is worse is the skepticism over past performance as a result of getting caught. There is an asterisk now by the 4-0 Chevy start. Again, from my personal experience last year....the question gets asked, "What else are they doing?" That's is why Jeffy and the Ex Con Crew need to just take their medicine and shut the **** up.....but Hendrick.
It's too bad your manufacturer bias and hatred for HMS is what it is because I feel somewhere deep down in there you're capable of providing more than reasonable and knowledgeable input
There is nothing reasonable about 200 mph into a wall hoping a car will turn. This is sport.....It's fun....and it's awesome. I'll be reasonable with the rest of my life....but I won't put that on display here. I do appreciate your posts. You have always been fair, fun, and classy about calling me on my ****.
Eagerly awaiting the announcement of the Appeals Panel Members. My guess....

President of Ally Bank
President of NAPA
Jim France

I think Chain Gang is good.

Not really. MY Toyotas aren't fast enough. That is my concern. The Hendrick **** doesn't surprise me in the least. Honestly, I feel bad for Hendrick fans. Speaking from personal experience after Pocono....What is worse is the skepticism over past performance as a result of getting caught. There is an asterisk now by the 4-0 Chevy start. Again, from my personal experience last year....the question gets asked, "What else are they doing?" That's is why Jeffy and the Ex Con Crew need to just take their medicine and shut the **** up.....but Hendrick.
I mean...they ran qualifying and the race without the part and still dominated, soooo...

Whether you believe it or not (we know you don't), that fact does bring the "it was accidental" excuse at least some plausibility.

I mean...they ran qualifying and the race without the part and still dominated, soooo...

Whether you believe it or not (we know you don't), that fact does bring the "it was accidental" excuse at least some plausibility.
They dominated until Harvick showed up.

There is nothing reasonable about 200 mph into a wall hoping a car will turn. This is sport.....It's fun....and it's awesome. I'll be reasonable with the rest of my life....but I won't put that on display here. I do appreciate your posts. You have always been fair, fun, and classy about calling me on my ****.
Eagerly awaiting the announcement of the Appeals Panel Members. My guess....

President of Ally Bank
President of NAPA
Jim France

I think Chain Gang is good.
Instead of a bunch of mindless pointless barb trading and speculation about details that neither I or you or anyone else one this forum actually KNOWS, why not just let the process play out and then make up our minds? I've said it before, I"ll say it again. EVERYBODY cheats, always have, always will, and there are no saints nor angels in this discussion. I never gloat when another team gets penalized, because I fully understand that it's just a matter of time before "my" team gets caught with their fingers in the cookie jar. I lose no sleep over it either way. I fully expected the penalties handed out, and I did not expect these penalties to be appealed, so I am open to the idea that there MAY be some facts that have not yet come to light, but I really don't expect them to get overturned, we shall see. Either way it is what it is. Everybody at HMS are adults and they can live life on ragged edge just fine.

Kinda suprising that HMS is using replacement crew chief's this weekend if they're appealing

The worst part about this for me as a sideline fan right now is that Jordan Taylor won't get to work with Gustafson at COTA 😔
Wait, I may be mistaken but isn't Alan the reason the 9 runs bad when it does? I mean that's the usual tone of the complaints by 9 fans that I see? Oh, and NASCAR/luck against him....

Wait, I may be mistaken but isn't Alan the reason the 9 runs bad when it does? I mean that's the usual tone of the complaints by 9 fans that I see? Oh, and NASCAR/luck against him....
Alan is a freaking genius. Way underrated

Instead of a bunch of mindless pointless barb trading and speculation about details that neither I or you or anyone else one this forum actually KNOWS, why not just let the process play out and then make up our minds?
Because it's fun.

JGR said the same ****** thing last year...accidental....It's a thing when you get caught.

The Yotas dropped like rocks..pretty telling.
I was listening to Todd Gordon and I think it's more that everyone else caught up to them. At the time Toyota was doing something with sealing up the area around the rub blocks that was getting them big downforce numbers. When nascar caught onto it instead of taking it away from them they allowed everyone else to do it as well.

I was listening to Todd Gordon and I think it's more that everyone else caught up to them. At the time Toyota was doing something with sealing up the area around the rub blocks that was getting them big downforce numbers. When nascar caught onto it instead of taking it away from them they allowed everyone else to do it as well.

This had to do with tape on the front end. Specifically at the lower corners of the splitter.

This had to do with tape on the front end. Specifically at the lower corners of the splitter.
I know that but taking the tape away from them isn't what slowed them down as they still ran good on a couple of the following 1.5 mile tracks. When they started being less dominant is when everyone else started sealing up the rub block areas.

In the grand scheme that tape on the nose wasn't doing crap and taking it away didn't make them "drop like a rock".

Back
Top Bottom