Hendrick Motorsport News

And I'm staying by my original statement - make the parts right in the first place and teams wouldn't have to modify them. You can't be mad that teams modified the "parts that can't be modified" to your liking under your direction
It's going to happen, did happen. There is a whole column of suppliers furnishing parts and pieces for the car and in a perfect world the car would go together perfectly without the hundreds of revisions they have probably made as they went along that affects other parts. The problem I see was Nascar sat on their butts and didn't inspect the modified parts OR Hendrick didn't inform them that they were modifying the parts.

”Prior to the start of practice at the beginning of Speedweeks NASCAR confiscated the "C" pillars off the Jimmie Johnson piloted Chevy. Although the pillars technically fit the templates NASCAR used, the governing body did not 'like' the way in which the pillars were altered for what NASCAR thought would give them an aerodynamic advantage and cut them out of the car. As a result of the modifications the 48 team was found to be in violation of Section 20-2.1E -- unapproved car body modifications, specifically any part of the car modified to enhance aerodynamic performance.”

“NASCAR handed Chad Knaus a $100,000 fine and suspended him and his car chief, Ron Malec, for six races. NASCAR also handed out points penalties to both Jimmie Johnson and car owner Rick Hendrick. This penalty combined with Johnson's poor finish in the Daytona 500 will have the #48 team in the negatives going into Phoenix this weekend.”

[/QUOTE]

If I recall correctly, that penalty got overturned, probably not so much based on the legality of the parts, but because NASCAR botched the process. They Immediately made the team cut the parts off the car and then decided to penalize after the "proof" of an infraction was more or less destroyed. I have NEVER been on board with the "We don't like " method of officiating. Cars and parts are either legal or illegal. If somebody gets one by you, fix the rule and enforce it NEXT week. That's how Bill Jr. handled T-Rex. I also have always believed that you should have the right to present ANYTHING you want for initial inspection. If it doesn't conform to the rules, then you have to change it before passing inspection, no harm, no foul.

The people on the panel and NASCAR officials have lives. The scheduled date for the HMS appeal is probably the first day they could all assemble at the same place.

One hearing ... not four. Another nefarious EVIL NASCAR conspiracy theory debunked.

”Prior to the start of practice at the beginning of Speedweeks NASCAR confiscated the "C" pillars off the Jimmie Johnson piloted Chevy. Although the pillars technically fit the templates NASCAR used, the governing body did not 'like' the way in which the pillars were altered for what NASCAR thought would give them an aerodynamic advantage and cut them out of the car. As a result of the modifications the 48 team was found to be in violation of Section 20-2.1E -- unapproved car body modifications, specifically any part of the car modified to enhance aerodynamic performance.”

“NASCAR handed Chad Knaus a $100,000 fine and suspended him and his car chief, Ron Malec, for six races. NASCAR also handed out points penalties to both Jimmie Johnson and car owner Rick Hendrick. This penalty combined with Johnson's poor finish in the Daytona 500 will have the #48 team in the negatives going into Phoenix this weekend.”

If I recall correctly, that penalty got overturned, probably not so much based on the legality of the parts, but because NASCAR botched the process. They Immediately made the team cut the parts off the car and then decided to penalize after the "proof" of an infraction was more or less destroyed. I have NEVER been on board with the "We don't like " method of officiating. Cars and parts are either legal or illegal. If somebody gets one by you, fix the rule and enforce it NEXT week. That's how Bill Jr. handled T-Rex. I also have always believed that you should have the right to present ANYTHING you want for initial inspection. If it doesn't conform to the rules, then you have to change it before passing inspection, no harm, no foul.
[/QUOTE]

Every damn one of these engineers knows how to keep the car legal. NASCAR has made it clear that this gray area stuff is no longer part of the sport. Let's do away with pre-race inspection. Do whatever in the **** you want, then suffer the consequences post race....and no more appeals panel--which is stupid. That would be a **** show, but that is what the competitors are begging for with this BS. I'm over it. Give the Ex Con and his lackeys their points and money back, and let's get back to racing.

Every damn one of these engineers knows how to keep the car legal. NASCAR has made it clear that this gray area stuff is no longer part of the sport. Let's do away with pre-race inspection. Do whatever in the **** you want, then suffer the consequences post race....and no more appeals panel--which is stupid. That would be a **** show, but that is what the competitors are begging for with this BS. I'm over it. Give the Ex Con and his lackeys their points and money back, and let's get back to racing.
[/QUOTE]

No kidding, Hendrick rocks

I think this one will be interesting

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

you bet baby, all they way. Good to see you are pulling for Hendrick
Fun fact....My absolute hero in life is Reggie Jackson. Prime Video just dropped his documentary btw. He is a close friend of Rick Hendrick and a Chevy enthusiast. Actually wore a Hendrick Motorsports hat during the documentary. Love the guy anyway. He is that big to me.

10:05 am....Appeal overturned. Write it down.

I doubt that, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 4 race suspensions were lowered to 2 and time would already be served and penalty points cut in half.

JGR lost a 1-2 finish for tape. Tape. I can't see a scenario where HMS skates unless they can prove the parts were sh** and didn't fit, which is highly unlikely.

Who makes the louvers?
Who makes the hood?
Who makes ducting the louvers interface with?

I'm not clear how the assembly goes together. Anybody have the diagram?

If not all made by same company seems like an error is built in.

That was found after the race. These parts never raced.
had they not been found they would have raced.
intent was there.

they were practiced on,
I'm thinking HMS found no advantage, so they submitted for an inspection.
not thinking the sledge hammer would fall.

had they not been found they would have raced.
intent was there.

they were practiced on,
I'm thinking HMS found no advantage, so they submitted for an inspection.
not thinking the sledge hammer would fall.
This has been standard practice for years. Nascar finds something before the race competition, they tell you to get rid of it.

If they get to keep their points do they really think HMS gives a damn about the fines and suspensions? The points were everything!

I agree with the call. They didn’t race with the part. The Yota’s raced and “won” with their tape.

I am surprised. Even NASCAR is not happy with this. Seems as if HMS made enough of a case to the appeal board for it to be overturned.

Nascar tried to set a precedent and an example, and it didn't hold up.

Pumped to see my driver back in a competitive points position, I'll say.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kinda happy, but is it not the same company making louvers for all three manufacturers? Why just the issue with chevies

I'll continue to say it nascar and whoever tipped them off dropped the ball on this one. They went through voluntary inspection ok, then a couple hours later they walk through the garage and take them. So IMO someone clearly tipped them off.

Where they screwed up was not waiting to bust them until they have participated in competition. So the only case they has was they ran a practice with illegal parts.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Wonder when Jim France gets his blender for opening up his new Ally Bank account.

Back
Top Bottom