High Limit 2024

1707879120247.png

That was a pretty wild race. Cautions kinda fell at the wrong time to stunt some battles for the lead. Looks like Rico only has himself to blame for his misfortune coming to the checkers.

great racing, but the bonehead award goes to the dumbass that stay on the track with the chose cone,wow!!!!!!!!!!!

great racing, but the bonehead award goes to the dumbass that stay on the track with the chose cone,wow!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah that was odd...like just run them around another lap than send him out. It felt like guys were passed before he was even out there.

Holy crap, Kyle Busch first race in a 410 sprinter would be in a High Limit grade race? I don't know about that. The level of racing is expert +. I wouldn't miss seeing the attempt though lol.
I'm sure he would try, but we've seen people like Chase Elliott climb in a 360 and it was a struggle. Heck look at Chris Windom he hasn't won yet in the 2 years since he switched to wings and we know he has talent on dirt.

Corey Day is legit King of the West 410 driver doesn’t get enough attention as a development series for WoO & High Limit.

Kyle should run 360s first.

Even Tony Stewart who has raced about everything didn't just climb in a fueler in an NHRA event for his first time in driving a dragster. Like I said though, if Kyle Busch is really going to do it, come hell of high water I want to watch him do it.

Corey Day is legit King of the West 410 driver doesn’t get enough attention as a development series for WoO & High Limit.

Kyle should run 360s first.
I've said it repeatedly here and elsewhere: Corey Day is the best of the teenagers. Anywhere. Any series. The fact that he doesn't have a NASCAR developmental contract but the grandkid of The Cookout's founder does tells you everything about what the requirements to get such a deal are now.

I've said it repeatedly here and elsewhere: Corey Day is the best of the teenagers. Anywhere. Any series. The fact that he doesn't have a NASCAR developmental contract but the grandkid of The Cookout's founder does tells you everything about what the requirements to get such a deal are now.
That doesn't tell me anything. The reason Day picked High Limit with it's smaller scheduling has to do with being able to do his education.

1708483213055.png

Yeah let me know when he says he wants to go to Nascar.
There was a time not all that long ago that NASCAR teams went out and offered opportunities to drivers like Jeff Gordon, Ryan Newman, and Tony Stewart even if they hadn't necessarily indicated that their desired goals were NASCAR. This is literally the crux of every Robin Miller/Trackforum Old Guy rant about the creation of the IRL. Wild to me then that the best young talent in the country either has to sign to Toyota or be a scion of some business that has no reach north of Arlington, VA and that's considered a good thing!

Corey Day literally just turned 18. Not even ten years ago his dream was to race motocross. He was also 9 then.

There was a time not all that long ago that NASCAR teams went out and offered opportunities to drivers like Jeff Gordon, Ryan Newman, and Tony Stewart even if they hadn't necessarily indicated that their desired goals were NASCAR. This is literally the crux of every Robin Miller/Trackforum Old Guy rant about the creation of the IRL. Wild to me then that the best young talent in the country either has to sign to Toyota or be a scion of some business that has no reach north of Arlington, VA and that's considered a good thing!

Corey Day literally just turned 18. Not even ten years ago his dream was to race motocross. He was also 9 then.
That's your problem. Thinking every driver wants to race in Nascar.

That's your problem. Thinking every driver wants to race in Nascar.
I think Day would love to make a good living in sprint cars. I would much prefer to see Day in sprint cars myself. I also understand the economy of NASCAR is exponentially larger than the current economy of sprint cars, and has been for decades, leading to many sprint car drivers up to and including Steve Kinser being in NASCAR for stints. If that is drying up outside the TRD guys/gals, that's not great for NASCAR!

I could care less what the kid wants to do. I have no control over what he decides. He will be fun to watch, that's all I care about. I hope he stays healthy and has a long career.

Tanner Thorson is already a pretty salty midget driver. He has his own team, builds his own cars, Chili Bowl winner among many others.

Back
Top Bottom