Homestead - FORD 400 - Pre Race Thread

JY0phyz.jpg
Simple but it sure as heck would look nice sitting in a trophy case.

Its going to be a bittersweet ending to the season. The fact the racing season in general is done, but also this is Marcos Ambrose's last race in NASCAR. I'll miss the guy as he's been great to watch over the years and I wish nothing but success as he returns to Australia back to V8 Supercars. A great gentlemen, but tough as nails and very talented. I think everyone will remember the "Punch From Down Under" to Casey Mears.

Thank you for the excitement over the years Marcos! Jamie Whincup needs to competition badly.
PSA: V8 Supercars are offering live streaming of qualifying and racing the weekend of December 5-7 at the season finale Sydney 500 Ambrose is competing in for $4.95.

seeing that BINGO card....

I don't even want to think about the championship coming down to fuel mileage....or rain.

Saw a pic posted on Twitter earlier today from Homestead that showed that they still have a lot of the stands covered with advertising tarps. Not sure if they are coming off for Sunday's race or if covered seats simply don't count when it comes to a sellout. That could be the secret to NASCAR's sellout success recently. Brian runs out to Lowe's the week before the race and buys up all the tarps and tiedowns he can find. Zip, zip, ratchet, ratchet, wala..... Sellout!

Saw a pic posted on Twitter earlier today from Homestead that showed that they still have a lot of the stands covered with advertising tarps. Not sure if they are coming off for Sunday's race or if covered seats simply don't count when it comes to a sellout. That could be the secret to NASCAR's sellout success recently. Brian runs out to Lowe's the week before the race and buys up all the tarps and tiedowns he can find. Zip, zip, ratchet, ratchet, wala..... Sellout!

I don't know if the cup race is sold out or not but I'd think they'd leave the advertising up for the Friday and Saturday races.

The explanation I saw was that they're highly obstructed views that have been around since the track was flat that the track no longer chooses to sell.

Full piece: http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASCAR-Sprint-Cup/News/Articles/2014/11/A-Wish-From-A-Champion.aspx

HOMESTEAD, Fla. - This is for Thelma for believing, John Paul for sharing and Sal for supporting. This also is for Greg for being there and George for his dedication.

A new Sprint Cup champion will be crowned Sunday evening at Homestead-Miami Speedway and while the champion will be surrounded by friends and family in a celebration that will last into the early morning hours, most will be missing someone.

It’s enough to make a driver nearly cry.

@bobpockrass

France says have to have consistency as part of championship format. Would be happy to see Newman win it.

Has he seen Newman's numbers at all this year?

4 top 5s and 15 top 10s with 41 laps led passes as being consistent these days?

This guy lives on another planet.

Has he seen Newman's numbers at all this year?

4 top 5s and 15 top 10s with 41 laps led passes as being consistent these days?

This guy lives on another planet.

Got hot at the right time Reck. Blame the system, not the driver. Newman has done what he needed to do when the time came and he should be awarded if he does win the championship.

Good thing footage exists of Jeff Gordon earning his first-ever pole at Homestead. /s

Knockout qualifying blows.

Pretty sad you have to go out there and do it 3 times over and over again.

What is the point of that anyway?

Another gimmick created for fake drama.

Harvick at the top of the final four, Hamlin looks like he has some speed if he can get the car straightened out a bit, Logano too. Should be a good one.

Pretty sad you have to go out there and do it 3 times over and over again.

What is the point of that anyway?

Another gimmick created for fake drama.
Won't you damn Gordon fans ever be happy? :swords:

I agree for what it's worth.

1st for 24 and 21st for 31.

**** NASCAR.

Just enjoy the race. Get really hammered if you have to, then you'll be happy no matter what :p
That's what I plan on doing. I've got some champagne for if Hamlin wins the championship, some longneck beers for if Logano wins it, some boiled goose eggs for if Newman wins it, and the ol' barfbag handy just in case Harvick wins it. I'm ready to go.

That's what I plan on doing. I've got some champagne for if Hamlin wins the championship, some longneck beers for if Logano wins it, some boiled goose eggs for if Newman wins it, and the ol' barfbag handy just in case Harvick wins it. I'm ready to go.

better have some ' boiled crow ' on hand ........if newman wins ! :D

I think Harv's got the car to beat, but he likely won't win due to running conservative.

Can any of you savvy people tell me what's Gordon's record when he wins the pole for the first time at a specific track?

I've been trying to figure out who I am cheering for.

I've come to the conclusion that if Ryan Newman is out front at the end, i would not be disappointed. If Joey is out front, it would be kinda cool.

It's not that I hate Harvick or Hamlin at all, just a preference I guess.

If Jeff is anywhere near Newman at the end of the race, then god help Newman.

You know Jeff has been stewing all week. With pretty good reason I might add.

If Jeff is anywhere near Newman at the end of the race, then god help Newman.

You know Jeff has been stewing all week. With pretty good reason I might add.
You may be right but I doubt Gordon will do anything. He said last week as a jab at Kes that he hoped he proved that you can have a great race without wrecking anyone. After saying that he wont go out & wreck anyone imo. Gordon knows the best form of revenge is beating your opponent on the track.

You may be right but I doubt Gordon will do anything. He said last week as a jab at Kes that he hoped he proved that you can have a great race without wrecking anyone. After saying that he wont go out & wreck anyone imo. Gordon knows the best form of revenge is beating your opponent on the track.
You're probably right, Jeff has too much class......... but if the right scenerio appeared before his eyes it might be just to darn hard not to seize the opportunity.
I could see it happening under the right circumstances on the last lap.

Back
Top Bottom