Homestead - FORD 400 - Pre Race Thread

If you listened to this, it seems as if Brian France isn't gonna change the points system. "I don't care, frankly", if a champion is gonna go without winning any races. "There's always gonna be a balance of consistency."

I guess people have their own opinions about how a champion will be crowned. Problem is, one person; the head honchos, whatever decide one system for everyone instead of deciding to alternate between systems. That's what I think, at least.
I did listen. I'm still listening.

I hope they don't change. It needs to remain consistent. Alternate between systems. I don't think I'd be a fan of that.

@nateryan

Brian France on Kurt Busch: We are watching carefully.Until they make judgments on investigation, wouldn’t be right to intervene.

@ClaireBLang

Brian France "We've always wanted that" (game 7 moments) and says he saw a number of them already in the chase

@ClaireBLang

Brian France - there is a line -& NASCAR expects it to get aggressive but they'll monitor, step in if need be - they don't want to have to.

@tomjensen100

France - No action against @KurtBusch unless and until he is charged criminally

Yea, I trust that the people involved in the investigation generally know stuff more than (some of) the people who just mouth off about stuff. Generally they know more stuff. But it seems as if NASCAR is gonna do as the justice system says, regardless of whether they got it right or wrong.

@ClaireBLang

We don't think what happened at Texas (crew members getting into a fight) is a good thing for NASCAR and we reacted harshly - Brian France.

We want the drivers to be able to express themselves - we don't have dugouts and that's part of the fabric of NASCAR - Brian France

@jeff_gluck

France: "We get accused a lot (of) too often restraining what drivers can say and not let them be themselves. That's not what we want to do"

FOX Sports 1 - Nationwide practice on now.

B2akHG1CAAEhKWu.jpg

I hope they don't change. It needs to remain consistent. Alternate between systems. I don't think I'd be a fan of that.

Thing is, they haven't been that consistent with the points formats the way it is; they've been changing them every 3 or 4 years.

I focus on the racing, the points are an afterthought. There have been more races that have hard racing in them this year than ever. Not many snoozers.

Yep. Jr Motorsports only runs Nationwide.

Ok good. I don't follow owners too much or what rides where. But I was worried because I have Kahne on my fantasy Nascar team and I need a big week this week to keep me in the top 15 there for some bug bucks :)

Exactly, that's why it needs to remain intact. Do what the heck they are going to do with it and keep it the same. Changing it ever year is not the thing to do.

completely agree. and no system will ever make everyone happy. hell, it was kenseth in 2003 that started the chase system. but quit changing it!

Ok good. I don't follow owners too much or what rides where. But I was worried because I have Kahne on my fantasy Nascar team and I need a big week this week to keep me in the top 15 there for some bug bucks :)
No need to worry. Wait a second..... I just read your post again and I gotta say..... If you are relying on Kasey Kahne to bring you home the bug, err big bucks, you may just be in trouble. Do you have a backup plan?

No need to worry. Wait a second..... I just read your post again and I gotta say..... If you are relying on Kasey Kahne to bring you home the bug, err big bucks, you may just be in trouble. Do you have a backup plan?

Its 8 drivers per team. Hes just 1 of them. Highest I have been is 3rd out of 2697 people. Right now in 17th.

Back
Top Bottom