How will NASCAR enforce this?

Trust and race teams in the same sentence. Funny stuff.

I don't know why some people, including the teams, the media and the fans have such a hard time with this. I want the RIGHT answer, and if it takes until Wednesday to get that answer, so be it. In an era where cost reduction is the word of the day, dragging around the equipment and manpower to do an R&D center level of inspection at the track is just not practical, and with the sophistication being engineered into the cars, the standard inspection just isn't good enough. The stuff that is being found at the R&D center is proof of that. The R&D center also gives a NASCAR a look at what the teams running up front are actually doing, and from that they can make rules and regulations going forward.

Reactions: Pat
Yes, it is a ludicrous thing to say on many levels for anyone versed in auto racing. You wouldn't eliminate either pre- or post-race inspection at this level, but if forced to ditch one, it would be the pre-race.

All of this hand wringing because someone got caught, jeez. This was well done by NASCAR. It is good that they took their time. Announcing a hasty final decision on race day because of this odd impatience could be quite unwise.
I realize this thread is aimed more at something that would give a car an unfair advantage, but doesn't NASCAR also check all of the safety equipment during pre race inspection? You wouldn't want a driver running a race with a certification expired on a seatbelt, helmet, gloves, shoes, or any other important safety part on the car that has to have a certification date. Post race isn't going to help you much after a serious crash.

I realize this thread is aimed more at something that would give a car an unfair advantage, but doesn't NASCAR also check all of the safety equipment during pre race inspection? You wouldn't want a driver running a race with a certification expired on a seatbelt, helmet, gloves, shoes, or any other important safety part on the car that has to have a certification date. Post race isn't going to help you much after a serious crash.
Yes sir. They check all safety equipment, ALL of it. Belts, Helmets ,gloves have certification dates and whoa be unto you if you bring an expired one to the track.

Yes sir. They check all safety equipment, ALL of it. Belts, Helmets ,gloves have certification dates and whoa be unto you if you bring an expired one to the track.
Thanks for the info. I figured they did...the NHRA does the same to us before the start of each race weekend. In fact tomorrow will be tech day here at the Gatornationals in Florida.

Absolutely, good point. My statement was that it wouldn't be wise to eliminate either, but in the context of performance-related rules enforcement, post-race inspections are more essential.

Has any organization been caught cheating more than Hendrick Motorsports?

Well, how many teams have been competing with one car since 1984, two cars since 1986, three cars since 1987 and four cars since 2002? That's a LOT of opportunities to get busted. I would say on a penalty per race start basis, Reverend Joe probably isn't too far behind. That would be an interesting topic to research.

The 48 hasn't been too damn swift getting through there either. I wouldn't be too quick to call out Pearn.

I am sure each item has different dates, but do you have any idea what the average time length is for the certifications ?

NASCAR is just making this up to hurt Chase, because he isn't their favorite. He was getting a little too close for comfort to their chosen one in the #4. I'm done!
hahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha wow!! are u serious? they trying to hurt chase? the guy everyone loves!

Back
Top Bottom