How will NASCAR enforce this?

I wasnt around these parts that time, but I can only imagine the meltdown. Many friends of my family who are 20+ years older than me still hate Gordon to this day because "He took championships away from Sr. Sr was a better driver anyway" and my favorite...."NASCAR wanted Gordon to win those championships in the 90's to push the sport mainstream" lmao these were actual conversations I'd overhear when they were in our garage drinking beer talking to my parents. I was always given a hard time when I as they liked to say... "Came out as a Gordon fan" 1998 was pretty fun sticking it up their behinds. To make a long story short, they were pretty excited when Kez went for that hole and knocked Gordon out of his last actual shot at the championship. I actually loathed Sr because of fans like those and didnt realize how awesome of a driver/dude he was until about 1999 or so. My father was always an Earnhardt fan and actually liked both Earnhardt/Gordon which was unheard of I think in those times. The funny thing is alot of those fellas that I still talk to are Chase Elliott fans "Because of his daddy". You just cant write some of this stuff ha ha

In 1998, a grown man called me a "queer" because I was wearing a Gordon shirt.

I was 12 years old at the time. LOL. Some folks are real classy

Yeah I think I began posting right after that season ended. I wish I had been here, needed somewhere to let off that steam.

i dont understand why people go all crazy over these stories anyway.. NASCAR will never just take everything away from the team and give it to the next person the finished second! I think the 4 team shouldnt get SH*t! and give the WIN to the next person up! thats the only way these teams will not cheat and get there SH*T together! the 4 team is at home laughing now enjoying everything that comes with a win and harvick prob took care of the crew chiefs fine with the winnings from the race.. all this is a joke and like i said u never know who really is a good damn driver or who has a damn cheated up car.. i love the sounds of nascar and watching these cars go fast but i learned fast when i started watching this sport. its not about the damn driver its about who has the best car or the best cheated up car.. anybody in the field could have took HARVICKS car sunday and won with it thats how much better it was .. NASCAR needs to put there foot down and get a hold of this.. in this day of age with social media and the good camera phones all this bull needs to stop.. so last sunday race didnt even mean anything to me now.. it was a cheated up car that no one had a damn chance to even beat... its just ridiculous, they dont deserve anything.
You seem to be going crazier over than anyone here.. I think you might need to take a chill pill man you're just all over everyone the past few days... Relaaaax!

You seem to be going crazier over than anyone here.. I think you might need to take a chill pill man you're just all over everyone the past few days... Relaaaax!
I’m all over everyone? What does that mean? Haven’t argued with anyone .. so I’m confused lol

after this week and their bs I just about have enough.If Chase Elliott or another one of their darlings win 2 in a row you would hear nothing from this but since Kevin is not one of their darlings we get a bs story made up just to try and slow him down.
U mad bro?

:lol2:

I'm still confused. Nascar and the press have said the skirts this year were going to be made from composite material.
Yep. So did they just fabricate their own?

This is one more example of why they probably can't wait to bring the composite body to cup.

I had a similar incident at the first race I went to after Gordon wrecked out early. Nothing but grown men laughing and mocking an 8 year old.

I'm still confused. Nascar and the press have said the skirts this year were going to be made from composite material.
They are. Whats the issue with the skirts this season?

How are the talking heads handling it on xm? I figure they’ll either be in full meltdown trying to justify their ignorance earlier in the week, or just take the day off.

Also, there is no way nascar could have let that slide, this isn’t a little flexing in the wind that you could hardly see, the roof nearly had a crease in it, and the guy was running .4 faster. If he had finished second, maybe I give him the benefit of the doubt, but not two weeks in a row stinking up the show.

Maybe I phrased that wrong.. you just seem to be way more upset about this than necessary. Every few posts is you going on and on about how mad you are.. we get it.
Just trying to make a point like everybody else on here sorry..

ha ha oh that happened to me regularly, we are around the same age then. Went on a family vacation to Tennessee, Missouri, Arkansas and Charlotte in 98, made the mistake of wearing a Gordon shirt a few( which 12 year old me didnt know at the time but it was Earnhardt/Waltrip/Wallace Country) and wow some of the things I heard from grown men. It was all in good fun, but almost crossed that line to where I thought my father was going to fight. Needless to say, the Gordon shirt was worn just once the two weeks.

I long for the good ol' days - less than 24 hours ago - when this was just a simple accidental failure of a brace. No race team would ever seek to push boundaries and do something that the rules tell them not to.

Watching Jim Utter and Dave Moody argue on Twitter:

bho9Oen.gif

How are the talking heads handling it on xm? I figure they’ll either be in full meltdown trying to justify their ignorance earlier in the week, or just take the day off.

Also, there is no way nascar could have let that slide, this isn’t a little flexing in the wind that you could hardly see, the roof nearly had a crease in it, and the guy was running .4 faster. If he had finished second, maybe I give him the benefit of the doubt, but not two weeks in a row stinking up the show.

They have had on several people that want the car looked at and a final ruling the day of the race. I don't see how that makes much of a difference. NASCAR needs to drop the hammer on one team in a HUGE way, inform the other teams that it will happen to them, and the cheating will stop. Until that time, we will all continue to listen to interviews with crew chiefs that will over and over say "Honestly, ________________________________________. Honestly, ________________________________________. Honestly, ________________________________________".

The reward outweighs the penalty.

We need to step our game up RF - Reddit is coming hard with the puns.

I loved this one:

Robotobos
Martin Truex Jr.

19h
Do I need to give my bloomin' onion back?

ElectricPeterTork
Richmond

19h
I think you'll need a Cologuard box to return it now.

I think the best way to hurt anyone who cheats and wins is to disqualify them from being able to make the playoffs by winning at all.. or moving on through the rounds by any means other than points and stripping them of all playoff points for the whole season. Make the rest of the seasons wins count for nothing toward the playoffs.. now THERE'S a deterrent!

I had a full Bud tall boy “accidentally” spilled on my back and ruined the program I had just bought at the Coca Cola 600 when I was about that age for wearing a Bill Elliott tee shirt in a section full of Earnhardt fans. Earnhardt would go on that day to make up a lap after a penalty and win the race. That was a rough one. “Even NASCAR couldn’t stop him today MFers!!!!”

Edit: was 1992 or 1993. I think 1992

Last edited:

All of these bent windows in the past might be why all of the other drivers that have had that going on weren't jumping up an down about Harvick's. I have no idea when these pictures were taken, Childers said Nascar had made some changes and that it was an ongoing problem. But apparently Nascar thought they had fixed the problem with a stiffer glass and more bracing and the 4 team were trying to get around all that. BTW I don't care about the kiddy stuff if so in so is an ass or not, that isn't the reason I posted the picture.

All of these bent windows in the past might be why all of the other drivers that have had that going on weren't jumping up an down about Harvick's. I have no idea when these pictures were taken, Childers said Nascar had made some changes and that it was an ongoing problem. But apparently Nascar thought they had fixed the problem with a stiffer glass and more bracing and the 4 team were trying to get around all that. BTW I don't care about the kiddy stuff if so in so is an ass or not, that isn't the reason I posted the picture.
Let's be real.. they penalized him because the fans found out and were ready to riot over it.

Let's be real.. they penalized him because the fans found out and were ready to riot over it.
That is the end result. But I didn't realize until I listened to Childers that Nascar was already on their case and had made changes to stiffen up the rear area. A lot of that goes on, Nascar changes things on the fly that the average fan never hears about.

The Harvick fans are going to party hearty if he dominates at Phoenix.

Remember Atlanta, all OK, fast as hell.

I want to know at what point in the Las Vegas race did the brace fail?
I am pretty sure it was after the two stages, at that point he was driving away from the field and that would mean the brace failure had no effect on the outcome.

Back
Top Bottom