"Huge" NASCAR/ARCA announcement ..

It's a shame the K&N Series doesn't get more exposure. The championship showdown between Harrison Burton and Todd Gilliland was amazing last year. The race at New Smyrna back in February was a classic. They have a great schedule, much like ARCA, and visit a variety of different tracks.

Hopefully, ARCA and K&N end up with a unified rules package and each series can be strengthened.

Sorry, but I don't really see ANY similarity between ARCA and K&N. Maybe they NEED to be merged, I don't really know, but I just don't see the connection. Despite the short track races, I see ARCA as a speedway series. I would rather see K&N be the modern day ASA, and let ARCA maintain it's traditional roll as a place to get speedway experience, and a home for those that don't have NASCAR type budgets. I miss the homegrown journeyman drivers and teams that were so prevalent when I was there. Now it's mostly a ride buyer and field filler series.

Can’t wait to have the Chase/Playoffs in ARCA.

Meh.....do any of you even watch Arca besides the superspeedways maybe? I mean its an extremely fluid atmosphere with teams and drivers and owners for that matter besides having personal interest in a particular driver I don't see there being too much to watch with the current product of Arca. So not saying that I expect NASCAR to change any of that or to do a better job I'm just saying I'm completely indifferent about NASCAR buying them. Maybe it'll bring something new and exciting maybe it won't.

Meh.....do any of you even watch Arca besides the superspeedways maybe? I mean its an extremely fluid atmosphere with teams and drivers and owners for that matter besides having personal interest in a particular driver I don't see there being too much to watch with the current product of Arca. So not saying that I expect NASCAR to change any of that or to do a better job I'm just saying I'm completely indifferent about NASCAR buying them. Maybe it'll bring something new and exciting maybe it won't.

I watch the races I can watch on the networks I get.

Man some of you guys would bitch if the hung you with a NEW rope. I've seen so many say Nascar needs to run more short tracks and maybe even some dirt. They bought a series that does exactly that. Old Cup cars doing best they can on limited money. But since it's Nascar is has to be crapped on. I. Don't. Get. It.
This is a very interesting observation... says a lot about the my-glass-is-always-empty crowd. I'm more of a glass-half-full guy when it comes to motorsports, so I think there may be some good aspects to this news. I hope so!
The Grand-Am/ALMS merger was badly needed and has been a success, and that was also led by Jim France.
Jim France is also responsible for the resurgence in American Flat Track, bringing that amazing racing series back from the brink of extinction. Scheduling, promoting, TV deal, OEM support... all have been improved exponentially. (Their efforts with motorcycle roadracing were disastrous, however.)

This is a very interesting observation... says a lot about the my-glass-is-always-empty crowd. I'm more of a glass-half-full guy when it comes to motorsports, so I think there may be some good aspects to this news. I hope so!

Jim France is also responsible for the resurgence in American Flat Track, bringing that amazing racing series back from the brink of extinction. Scheduling, promoting, TV deal, OEM support... all have been improved exponentially. (Their efforts with motorcycle roadracing were disastrous, however.)

I would love to see the Nascar network with a plethora of different series shown. If they can have oodles and gobs of other programming channels for niche markets on cable why the heck not.

Good news. I'll watch ARCA everyone in a while but there production is nowhere close to NASCAR'S. I'm also thinking that with the push to go electric by the manufacturers if they might use ARCA as an E Series of sorts.

Wow. I hope they don't screw it up.
This sanctioning body wouldn’t dare do that

They may throw some stages in there, create a new exotic style points playoff structure...

Other than that it will be exactly the same

The Grand-Am/ALMS merger was badly needed and has been a success, and that was also led by Jim France.

I don't know about this one though. It wasn't really "necessary". And the K&N Series aren't really thriving. I'm guessing there will be integration there, but how?
Do we know if ARCA was quietly seeking a buyer?

I would love to cover that series regularly. Unfortunately, they're based predominantly in the midwest so it's hard to even think about going to races. Toledo has been on my wish list for many years.
I feel the same way about Salem. I have family within 45 minutes of the track; I've just never scheduled the trip.

Wow, I have for the longest time thought to myself that NASCAR should buy Arca, its basically been a poor's man NASCAR , I think if NASCAR doenst "NASCAR" the series this could be really good for Arca, so its gonna be interesting to see what is going to transpire in the next few years.

In five years ARCA will be running two short tracks a year.

Yep. Add in some stages and playoffs. Plus Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick running every race with their Cup crews. What could go wrong?

Yep. Add in some stages and playoffs. Plus Kyle Busch and Kevin Harvick running every race with their Cup crews. What could go wrong?
We joke, but I would be shocked if that didnt happen at some point:laugh:

The MAVTV deal is great. Every race is on TV now, almost all of them live. On top of that, ARCA races on MAVTV are also available on the Lucas Oil subscription service, so there is an option for people who don't have / can't get MAVTV - unlike Fox Sports and NBC Sports.

In contrast, there hasn't been a live broadcast of a K&N or NASCAR Modified race in years.

This is true. I watched the biggest part of the ARCA race from Nashville. I couldn't tell you the last time I saw a K&N race on live TV.

I feel the same way about Salem. I have family within 45 minutes of the track; I've just never scheduled the trip.

Thats one of the coolest most unique shorts tracks. The banking there is insane. Especially if you see it from the infield, its awesome. You wont regret seeing the ARCA race there if you have a chance.

Sorry, but I don't really see ANY similarity between ARCA and K&N. Maybe they NEED to be merged, I don't really know, but I just don't see the connection. Despite the short track races, I see ARCA as a speedway series. I would rather see K&N be the modern day ASA, and let ARCA maintain it's traditional roll as a place to get speedway experience, and a home for those that don't have NASCAR type budgets. I miss the homegrown journeyman drivers and teams that were so prevalent when I was there. Now it's mostly a ride buyer and field filler series.
Modern day ASA is CARS Tour.

I'm very mixed on this. On one hand...having any monopoly is bad for an industry. NASCAR has a stock car monopoly now, in regards to televised series at least. On the other hand, NASCAR significantly increased the purse for the Whelen Modified Tour, and after 5ish years of terrible car counts and drivers going to other series, they are back with full fields this year and are actually sending cars home. So hopefully they can do the same with ARCA.

I really doubt they mess with the points system. Only the National NASCAR series have a "playoff" format. The regional and All-American series have points formats that actually measure a full season of racing and award consistency.

Man some of you guys would bitch if the hung you with a NEW rope. I've seen so many say Nascar needs to run more short tracks and maybe even some dirt. They bought a series that does exactly that. Old Cup cars doing best they can on limited money. But since it's Nascar is has to be crapped on. I. Don't. Get. t.
Because Nascar will F' it up somehow.

Hyundai will supply all cars. Basically be IROC type deal. Turbo 4 cylinders. Rally car type chassis build. Should be interesting.
That actually sounds cool, not a fan of the Rally aspect but everything sounds interesting for sure.

Man some of you guys would bitch if the hung you with a NEW rope. I've seen so many say Nascar needs to run more short tracks and maybe even some dirt. They bought a series that does exactly that. Old Cup cars doing best they can on limited money. But since it's Nascar is has to be crapped on. I. Don't. Get. It.
Spot on to be honest, its sad really.

Back
Top Bottom