"Huge" NASCAR/ARCA announcement ..

That actually sounds cool, not a fan of the Rally aspect but everything sounds interesting for sure.
You do know he was joking right?

I wonder what will happen to the TV coverage of ARCA races. MAVTV is awesome, especially now since DirecTV finally started broadcasting it in HD. Reminds me of the old Speed Channel.

Nascar is great but I would like to keep some autonomous forms as well.
Don't want a wal mart big box feel, and it already looks ripe for consolidation. Good for bean counters, not much else.

And worse of all it probably means more of Michael Waltrip coverage with every indulgence of his, but the leotard.

This is a very interesting observation... says a lot about the my-glass-is-always-empty crowd. I'm more of a glass-half-full guy when it comes to motorsports, so I think there may be some good aspects to this news. I hope so!

Jim France is also responsible for the resurgence in American Flat Track, bringing that amazing racing series back from the brink of extinction. Scheduling, promoting, TV deal, OEM support... all have been improved exponentially. (Their efforts with motorcycle roadracing were disastrous, however.)

Americans seem to have little appetite for motorcycle road racing

Jim France is chairman of IMSA and it puts out a pretty good product. ARCA needed this, the parity in the field is not where it needs to be in my opinion and hopefully this can help put some real money back into the tracks.

I don’t get the hate for the company, they’ve made a ton of good changes in the last few years and continue to seek aero improvements. The variety of track could be better, but the racing product has made a vast improvement from the COT years

Kyle Bsuch will get 300 wins now.
tenor.gif

Hoping more of their races will be on FS1, I try to watch when they are on. I hope the purchase will help and not hurt the series, maybe they can do Trucks/ARCA double header on the ARCA tracks.

Let's keep it 20 races and continuing to have a deal in place to run Springfield, DuQuoin, Toledo, Salem, Berlin every year besides some of the other ISC/SMI venues that could be added in conjunction. I think having a similar body style and engine package for K&N and ARCA would be beneficial and may help car counts for all, as long as ARCA continues to run some big tracks.

I dont think NASCAR is gonna change much. They know this is a low cost series and most changes would cost the teams too much money. Some people on here are so anti NASCAR they cant have rational thoughts just over reactions.

I mean I'm not anti NASCAR, I just really hope they don't do much changing. Like if they keep it how it is, but put a lot of money into it to help the series then I'm 100% behind this change.

I dont think NASCAR is gonna change much. They know this is a low cost series and most changes would cost the teams too much money. Some people on here are so anti NASCAR they cant have rational thoughts just over reactions.

So, you're saying that NASCAR might learn from one of their own biggest mistakes? Man, wouldn't that be something to hope for and see played out.

Good article
ARCA currently runs 20 races for its top tour—nine which also host NASCAR events. With the 2018 schedule set, any changes would not come to fruition until next season.

“We're building 2019 as we speak,” Drager said. “So from an ARCA perspective, the ARCA Racing Series Presented By Menards, what you see today is what we're going to see tomorrow.
“We are trying to make it better, trying to make it stronger. That's a big part of us joining NASCAR, is our ability to make our product the best that it can be, and strengthening it, just bring it together. I mean, I think the industry is stronger together than individually.”
ARCA provides NASCAR a larger footprint in the Midwest additional short tracks on dirt and asphalt. And while there has been speculation that NASCAR could be up for sale, France said the end game was strengthening the sport.

“Well, NASCAR, our business is racing,” France added. “That's what we're investing in. We've done it all of our lives, and we're going to continue to do it. The relationship with ARCA is just a continuation of that. We've been involved in sports car racing all of our lives. Also, we were able to reunite the sports car series and build that. That's the goal here.”

http://www.racinboys.com/news/?i=59055

It is a feeder series for talent, and fans into NASCAR. Letting it go away would be bad for NASCAR in the long run. It is a business decision.

I mean I'm not anti NASCAR, I just really hope they don't do much changing. Like if they keep it how it is, but put a lot of money into it to help the series then I'm 100% behind this change.
ARCA is really no different then the K&N Series and NASCAR has done a great job keeping costs down there and getting the series some good exposure. I see a few track changes for ARCA, I believe they will run Iowa for sure and maybe a couple Cup companion events on a Thursday or Friday night also.

ARCA is really no different then the K&N Series and NASCAR has done a great job keeping costs down there and getting the series some good exposure. I see a few track changes for ARCA, I believe they will run Iowa for sure and maybe a couple Cup companion events on a Thursday or Friday night also.

If they do like that, I could be good with it. Maybe bring ARCA back to Atlanta but keep the short tracks they go to also. Add races don't get rid of some.

I really don't care if ARCA becomes the intermediate/superspeedway series for K&N type cars, but don't kill the series.

Adios ARCA. It's good corporate policy for NASCAR. Buy them out and pat them on the head and then finish them.

People forget that Bill France Sr. was intimately involved in the formation and growth of ARCA. It's not like there hasn't always been a close relationship.

Correct. Without the friendly support of the France family, ARCA would have went the way of USAC stock cars LONG ago. Bill France Sr. and John Marcum were close friends, just like with IMSA's John Bishop. Unlike his grandson far too often, Big Bill saw the BIG picture.

I hope they drop the dirt tracks or at least go to a dirt track meant for auto racing. The ARCA dirt races haven't been that good in my opinion, flat horse racing tracks don't make for good stock car racing.

If they do like that, I could be good with it. Maybe bring ARCA back to Atlanta but keep the short tracks they go to also. Add races don't get rid of some.

More tracks would be nice, but the money for an expanded schedule needs to be there. It was the problem we fought 20 years ago. Even during stock car racings boom years, the purses were weak at the TOP, let alone down the chain. Car owner plan money was the only thing that kept a lot of us teams going, and about all it did was pay to get you to the track each week. If you carefully read the entry blank, you saw that on say a $25,000 winners take, about half of that was actually coupons redeemable for free products from the contingency sponsors, and often from competing brands, so it wasn't likely you could collect the full amount. Free stuff is nice, but it doesn't get the hauler to the track or pay the tire bill. Heck, even the fuel was only free at the companion NASCAR races. Otherwise you had to buy it, or hoard the free stuff like we did. We did everything possible to make sure we left the track with the fuel cell and all four dump cans as full of free fuel as we could get away with. If we started and parked a second car, we did the same thing with that. One weekend we ran a second car a total of six laps (practice, qualifying, race) and took home about 60 gallons of free fuel. Back then we all complained that the lack of a cohesive TV deal was holding us back (lack of sponsor exposure), but I'm not even sure THAT would help the way TV ratings for all motorsports have been lately.

I hope they drop the dirt tracks or at least go to a dirt track meant for auto racing. The ARCA dirt races haven't been that good in my opinion, flat horse racing tracks don't make for good stock car racing.
That dirt track could be a lot better if they had anybody who knew how to prep it. It's a dust bowl full of mud puddles

I'm not a dirt track guy, but personally, I would MUCH rather see these cars on the flat miles where you can drive the car instead of spending more time going sideways than forward. Back in the day, these type of tracks were a big part of racing in NASCAR, ARCA, USAC etc.

I'm not a dirt track guy, but personally, I would MUCH rather see these cars on the flat miles where you can drive the car instead of spending more time going sideways than forward. Back in the day, these type of tracks were a big part of racing in NASCAR, ARCA, USAC etc.

I'm not a flat track guy. Also don't care about back in the day but I know there are not any bigger dirt track so that's why I'd just do away with them.

Yeah, I'm ready to leave the dirt tracks to those series that run them full time. It may be sacrilige but that includes dropping Eldora from the Truck schedule. If it hadn't been for Smoke's involvement, it wouldn't have been added in the first place.

It's a shame the K&N Series doesn't get more exposure. The championship showdown between Harrison Burton and Todd Gilliland was amazing last year. The race at New Smyrna back in February was a classic. They have a great schedule, much like ARCA, and visit a variety of different tracks.

Hopefully, ARCA and K&N end up with a unified rules package and each series can be strengthened.
I watched the last race they had, fender to fender down to the wire. But the problem was none of the history was behind it leading up to that finale. Got to have more coverage. hopefully the merger will get more races to the masses to watch.

Yeah, I'm ready to leave the dirt tracks to those series that run them full time. It may be sacrilige but that includes dropping Eldora from the Truck schedule. If it hadn't been for Smoke's involvement, it wouldn't have been added in the first place.
I love the uniqueness of the Eldora race. Went to the first two and found it to be a helluva show. Tune into it now for that same reason.

Right . Drop one of the strongest draws in the truck series. Gotcha.

Back
Top Bottom