Hunting for new manufacturers

This is like the 3rd season in a row that NASCAR has put something like this out. If a new manufacturer was actually interested, something would have come about by now.

This is NASCAR dropping bait in the water and hoping to hook something.

I honestly can't imagine why a Nissan, VW, Honda or even Dodge for that matter would want to jump in at this juncture.

This is like the 3rd season in a row that NASCAR has put something like this out. If a new manufacturer was actually interested, something would have come about by now.

This is NASCAR dropping bait in the water and hoping to hook something.

I honestly can't imagine why a Nissan, VW, Honda or even Dodge for that matter would want to jump in at this juncture.

You could be right, but on the other hand you never know and it doesn't hurt to get your name out there.

How about a Nascar Mini series?

masters2.jpg

This is hilarious
30234376142_319215516c_b.jpg

& until NASCAR attempts to fix this mockery, other manufacturers will just shake their heads

My point was that vehicles like the Honda Ridgeline and whatever that VW thing is, they aren't really a truck. Just an SUV with a tailgate. The truck series is based off of half ton V8 body-on-frame pickups. The difference between the look of the race cars and their production counterparts is another topic of it's own.

They are racing FWD sedans in the Cup Series as RWD coupes so basically anything goes at this point, but at least all three manufacturers produce a V8 engine.

That dog has been out of the yard for a long time, and in the future I don't see it returning. They are racing vehicles loosely based on production counterparts. They aren't and never have been considered sports cars or especially racing trucks? The trucks if you have been paying attention are getting close to 200 MPH these days, they have to be drive able at those speeds. Follow IMSA, is you are a realism freak, they are probably the closest looking to something you can buy off of the showroom floor. Which would you wanna take a corner at 180 + the red highboy in front, or the blue one in the back? :D

If the Ranchero, ElCamino, and recently the Honda Ridgeline haven't proved that design to be iffy at best..here comes the Hyundai:D I owned 2 ElCaminos and a Ranchero GT..so what do I know.

My point was that vehicles like the Honda Ridgeline and whatever that VW thing is, they aren't really a truck. Just an SUV with a tailgate. The truck series is based off of half ton V8 body-on-frame pickups. The difference between the look of the race cars and their production counterparts is another topic of it's own.

They are racing FWD sedans in the Cup Series as RWD coupes so basically anything goes at this point, but at least all three manufacturers produce a V8 engine.
the VW Amarok( pickup) is a traditional body on frame pickup truck.

I would be okay if Dodge came back and Honda was brought along as a new entry. I wasnt a fan of Toyota and still not for age old reasons of them not being made here ( that is false I know. I still adhere to the idea, that Chevy and Ford are built exclusively here. call me old fashioned. or an idiot. but Im sticking by it....) but I've gotten used to the fact that they are doing good things by pumping alot of money into the sport as far as sponsorship of tracks and young up/coming drivers. They have passed Ford and Chevy in driver development, when I was watching the Truck race on Thursday night it seemed like every young driver with talent was sporting that Toyota badge on their firesuit. Chevy especially has fallen asleep on driver development and sponsorship of tracks, so while I dont like Toyota they have done some really good things for the sport, they are the leading manufacturer IMO for the sport right now. The interesting question is what teams would jump ship to these new manufactures? I think itd be neat of Ganassi jumped in with Honda while also bringing Andretti Autosport with them, but Ganassi would be the number 1 factory team that the whole Honda initiative is built around. I cant even begin to speculate Dodge, maybe Petty. Some have said RCR but I could never see them leaving Chevy while Richard is alive. I also think new manufacturers would open doors to NASCAR for other teams outside the series such as Michael Shank Racing, and other IMSA or Indy Car teams like Action Express Racing to get involved on the ground floor.
Thats ok, just keep driving an American name plate car that was made in Mexico or Canada, while those evil furrin cars you hate are being built right here in the USA.

Dodge and Nissan would be the only new additions I would want to see. Nothing else makes sense IMO.
Yes, this right here, I would LOVE to see the Titan in the Truck Series and the Maxima/Altima in the Cup Series.

Not sure in what capacity they're too small, Nissan is the 5th best selling car company in America behind only GM, Ford, Toyota, and Chrysler. As far as too small relating to car size, I think the Altima would probably qualify, if not, the Maxima for sure.
I would love for it to be a Maxima , I would think they would want to use the Altima, its being used in the V8 Super car series .

The Nissans are mid pack back markers in the Supercars series. It probably would really be embarrassing if they tried to compete here wherever they are manufactured at. :D

I drove a work Passat car for a while. Car was really solid feeling, more like workhorse bones than anything sporty. But I kept wanting to say Piss at

Whoever it is. They better have teams ready to line-up to come to bring them in. It seems like RCR and Petty could be teams interested, especially if GMS is moving up.

The orange cone on twitter is dropping hints that there were three Dodge Chargers testing at the NASCAR R&D center and RCR is the team looking to make the switch.

The orange cone on twitter is dropping hints that there were three Dodge Chargers testing at the NASCAR R&D center and RCR is the team looking to make the switch.
Yeah if that is the case don't be surprised if JTG, LFR, and Germain are not far behind

Talk on the radio today was about the high amount of traffic at Welcome this weekend and how the Dillons will become the Dodge brothers.

Chocolate had no comment.

Thats ok, just keep driving an American name plate car that was made in Mexico or Canada, while those evil furrin cars you hate are being built right here in the USA.
I'll keep this in mind when I go to buy a new car here soon. Actually the car I drive now was made in Australia. Thanks again!

And you spelled foreign wrong, maybe you think I pronounce it like that. Sorry I must have not made it clear I live in Illinois

Back
Top Bottom