Hurricane Irma

The thing that has me worried is that the people of FL are actually giving a sh!t about this storm haha..

Usually it's "hell yeah let's hole up and get hammered!"... But for this one it's like "yeah, let's get the **** out of here".

Meh, I'm worried to an extent.

If anything bad happens, I know I'm not going to stay in the area next time. Flooding is the least of our concerns, but those coastal cities are going to take a beating and Key West is probably going to get demolished.

Meh, I'm worried to an extent.

If anything bad happens, I know I'm not going to stay in the area next time. Flooding is the least of our concerns, but those coastal cities are going to take a beating and Key West is probably going to get demolished.

Yup. **** is gnarly.

I am really worried about the folks along the west coast, the Tampa St Pete area has not seen a direct hit from a Hurricane in a long long time. If you ever flew in and out of Tampa Fl. and looked out the window there are 100's and 100's of home on man made and barrier islands sitting 3 to 5 feet above high tide. Lord have mercy on these folks.

FYI: Barrier islands were made by Hurricanes over time.

I left Tampa after work yesterday. A lot of graphics have the TB area being underwater soon...ran into a much higher than usual amount of traffic trying to take back roads north, through Citrus and probably Marion and on. Depending on what today tells us we could head to one of the many schools nearby so we're packed just in case.

Thinking of you man, be safe and if it heads up the west side, get gone to high ground asap.

I am really worried about the folks along the west coast, the Tampa St Pete area has not seen a direct hit from a Hurricane in a long long time. If you ever flew in and out of Tampa Fl. and looked out the window there are 100's and 100's of home on man made and barrier islands sitting 3 to 5 feet above high tide. Lord have mercy on these folks.

Agreed completely, whomever is the Tampa-St. Pete area is a madman.

I'm really praying for them, its not going a pretty sight come tomorrow.

The thing that has me worried is that the people of FL are actually giving a sh!t about this storm haha..

Usually it's "hell yeah let's hole up and get hammered!"... But for this one it's like "yeah, let's get the **** out of here".
Yep.

People, experts included, have been saying it for years. Any major impact for Tampa-St. Pete would be devastating. Incredibly susceptible geography and woefully underprepared. Storm surge is going to be really, really bad. I don't know why anyone would stick around in Pinellas or Hillsborough right now.

I'm in the dead center of Georgia but I'm under a state of emergency here where I am. :( but it will likely just be the bad side effects of the storm here. Everyone please be safe.

I'm on the western line of GA almost in AL and now the eye is headed straight for my town. Hurricane winds will be gone by then, but 50mph winds on my property could make bad things happen. I live with a lot of tall trees. As of this morning, I'll bet both of us will lose power at some point.

Be safe! Praying for everyone especially FL.

I'm on the western line of GA almost in AL and now the eye is headed straight for my town. Hurricane winds will be gone by then, but 50mph winds on my property could make bad things happen. I live with a lot of tall trees. As of this morning, I'll bet both of us will lose power at some point.

Be safe! Praying for everyone especially FL.
Take care and keep us informed.

Reactions: Pat
Stay safe everyone. Our family has a house in Naples and some of the neighbors up to yesterday were planning to ride it out. Haven't heard if they're getting out, but they're nuts to stay. Some of the models have a 15ft surge going more than 10 miles inland south of Marco Island...

Storm surge forecast.

red >9ft
orange >6ft
yellow >3ft
blue >1ft

Capture.png

Stay safe my Floridian friends. It's about to get real.

Were good, so far.

Inland the wind is picking up and temperature is dropping. Feels good to let the windows stay open until you go to bed here in Polk.

Everything is ready, I'm going to watch the NASCAR race tonight as well. Better enjoy it because the power might be out in the morning.lol

I'll try to keep everyone updated as tomorrow rolls around.

I just wanna watch some damn football or GRC or something but every broadcast network is showing coverage and streaming sucks.

Please don't have any bonus questions;) on Big Dawgs........Irma is coming over us and may be without electric for a while.:(

In Miami Beach, one shirtless man wearing hot pink arm floaties tied himself to a pole and declared that’s where he planned to ride out the storm. Some people within earshot laughed. Others rolled their eyes. One called him, “stupid as (expletive.)”

From FOX news.

In Miami Beach, one shirtless man wearing hot pink arm floaties tied himself to a pole and declared that’s where he planned to ride out the storm. Some people within earshot laughed. Others rolled their eyes. One called him, “stupid as (expletive.)”

From FOX news.

Natural Selection.

Still pretty quiet here, its 6:51 AM.

Rain has been on and off, to be honest its still quite still around here. I'm up washing a few dishes and washing, so everything is normal.

Except for the fact of being up this early, yikes.

New track is bad for @Johali. Might not even hit Florida's west coast at all.

Hope you've left Alabama, Johali.
Actually, having the eye just off the West coast is just about the worst. The whole state will just get raked from bottom to top
Not hitting land means the storm won't weaken. When it hits the "Florida Panhandle" (AKA South Alabama), it might still be a Cat 3.
We're deciding what to do this morning. We still have plenty of time.

We're deciding what to do this morning. We still have plenty of time.

This is our first hurricane. I definitely would have done things differently had we felt there was no urgency but we felt it best to get outa Dodge before gas and traffic tied things up in knots. Right now we are discussing what we will do next. It is doubtful we'll have anything left to return to but I keep hoping ...................and realize from here on in, it is out of our control.

This is our first hurricane. I definitely would have done things differently had we felt there was no urgency but we felt it best to get outa Dodge before gas and traffic tied things up in knots. Right now we are discussing what we will do next. It is doubtful we'll have anything left to return to but I keep hoping ...................and realize from here on in, it is out of our control.
Wishing all the best for you and your lady Ken.
pray.gif

You and the Mrs. and the fur baby are safe --- nothing else matters. It's all just "stuff" --- sentimental stuff, I know. But you can't be replaced.

Get the toys hitched up and things set out that you need to take. Saves time and you can roll faster.
Stay safe.
But I don't need to tell you that --- not your first rodeo. LOL
We're loaded up, hitched up and ready to go. The highways to the west are clear and there's plenty of gas so no problems there. It looks like It's going to go in east of Apalachicola. If it does we're all good.

Back
Top Bottom