Hurricane Matthew

That's why they tell us to look at the entire cone and not focus on the center line path.

We weren't even in the cone of uncertainty yesterday.

I mean, I'm glad I got prepared early this week and have everything I need. I had a feeling we were still going to get hit, in spite of the track changing.

I feel like an a**hole but I'm hoping this thing continues to dissipate and climb up the coast. I'm going to a GRC race tomorrow and I really want a Sunday double-header(triple if you count GRC day 2)..... It's all about #1.....

I feel like an ******* but I'm hoping this thing continues to dissipate and climb up the coast. I'm going to a GRC race tomorrow and I really want a Sunday double-header(triple if you count GRC day 2)..... It's all about #1.....
Bathurst tomorrow.

Bathurst tomorrow.

I forgot all about it. Shiit. I'm hoping to be back somewhat early tomorrow night. More reason to hope for a rainout in Concord. Maybe @FLRacingFan can throw me a link to a stream? Seems as though my source last year is defunct.

Anybody know why the NHC and others measure wind speed and horizontal motion in knots instead of mph?
Probably because of us seafarers.

Knots are the unit of wind measurement given on weather charts. ... Also, the units of knots were invented over a water surface to help with navigation. Being able to convert miles per hour to knots and vice versa is important. The surface wind speed in knots is multiplied by 1.15 to get the speed in miles per hour.

http://www.theweatherprediction.com/habyhints/74/

I forgot all about it. Shiit. I'm hoping to be back somewhat early tomorrow night. More reason to hope for a rainout in Concord. Maybe @FLRacingFan can throw me a link to a stream? Seems as though my source last year is defunct.
I have the official stream but I'll try to find something for you closer to race time. Looked for something last night during the Shootout and it was all VLC stuff.

Facing a direct hit now. Hasn't been terrible, yet. If it hits us directly then moves East, it'll rain all night and into much of tomorrow. If it hits us and keeps going north, we'll be fine.

A lot of rain and wind so far.

Facing a direct hit now. Hasn't been terrible, yet. If it hits us directly then moves East, it'll rain all night and into much of tomorrow. If it hits us and keeps going north, we'll be fine.

A lot of rain and wind so far.
Stay safe!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Got pretty lucky here. Even though I'm on the beach and in the eye of the storm now, we lucked out. Didn't get the life threatening floods the rest of the state got. We were on the northeast quadrant storm most of the day and all the rain was on the northwest quadrant.

Goldsboro and Kinston got screwed though.

You'll be fine they said. It'll just be a bit of wind they said. It's gonna move out to sea by Saturday morning they said.

Liars.

We lucked out but most of the state didn't. Epic disaster. Floodwaters aren't receding and rivers won't crest until Thursday. New evacuations are up.

Back
Top Bottom