If you wanna keep up with the Snowball Derby

I am not sure if it is the equivalent of doing 37 in a 35 MPH.
1. When representing the same weight
Tungsten will contain less mass.
2. I have never used Tungsten, but I have to believe weighing a car out with a smaller piece is advantagous. A more exact placement or position could help to minimize the weight transfer. Even if it was on the right side as Elliot claims.
I think this is just important for tire wear as it is for speed. Brooks said that the Tungsten allows for mounting it lower and it provides a very small advantage.
3. Everyone is and was aware of how through tech inspection would be. I have a hard time believing a simple oversight occurred as claimed by Elliott. You go there knowing it is the room of doom. and it is what is....
4. If I remember correctly "No Tungsten" was boldly printed on the entry forms.
If that is true, how could the Snowball Derby ever have any credibility, if they had allowed a hypothetical 37 in a 35. What do you tell the driver's that followed the rules and didn't use the Tungsten?

All just my opinion.

I'm not saying Tungsten isn't an advantage, if it wasn't, people wouldn't spend big money on it. My point is that no matter what the car still has to weigh the same and the advantage is small. In a Cup race, it MIGHT make a difference. In the Derby? who knows. I don't know anything, but my guess it was just a matter of the team using what they had and were used to using, and not paying close enough attention to the rule book. It does happen, especially if you are running somewhere you don't normally run. I helped a team that had never run ANY NASCAR race try to field a truck at Nashville Superspeedway. TONS of things had to be fixed, because the team just didn't know the NASCAR inspection process and what will fly and not fly. There was no intent to cheat, it was all just unfamiliarity and oversight, even though most of it was clearly in the rule book. Probably the guy that put the tungsten in was probably not the guy that read the entry blank. Let me just close by saying that I'm not arguing the rule or that they broke it or that they shouldn't have been disqualified. All I'm saying is it not a big deal, and I think it's unfair to try to disparage Chase because a car he happened to drive had the wrong part on it.
i

Perhaps your enthusiasm level for this event would be higher if Willy Clyde was entered.

He was also caught cheating there as I recall.
I saw him win at the All-American 400 at the Nashville Fairgrounds a few years ago in a car that probably had, let's just say, had an "advantage". He started shotgun on the field and was up with the leaders in no time.

I'm not saying Tungsten isn't an advantage, if it wasn't, people wouldn't spend big money on it. My point is that no matter what the car still has to weigh the same and the advantage is small. In a Cup race, it MIGHT make a difference. In the Derby? who knows. I don't know anything, but my guess it was just a matter of the team using what they had and were used to using, and not paying close enough attention to the rule book. It does happen, especially if you are running somewhere you don't normally run. I helped a team that had never run ANY NASCAR race try to field a truck at Nashville Superspeedway. TONS of things had to be fixed, because the team just didn't know the NASCAR inspection process and what will fly and not fly. There was no intent to cheat, it was all just unfamiliarity and oversight, even though most of it was clearly in the rule book. Probably the guy that put the tungsten in was probably not the guy that read the entry blank. Let me just close by saying that I'm not arguing the rule or that they broke it or that they shouldn't have been disqualified. All I'm saying is it not a big deal, and I think it's unfair to try to disparage Chase because a car he happened to drive had the wrong part on it.
i
It’s written on the entry blank. Careless mistake? Sure. It happens.

Chase Elliott was clearly not responsible for its presence, mistake or otherwise. He will be forever disparaged for it because he’s the face of the team. His countless admirers will continue to minimize it. That’s the way things work.

Pays for tires with his share of sweater money.

Genius.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

cannot_be_unseen.jpg

I ended up getting the coverage, they do a real good job on it. That last chance race was fun to watch. Snowflake 100 tonight should be good. Cole Williams is a kid that runs my local track every now and then, and won a couple big races this year so hope he can do good.

It's hard to get anything by Ricky Brooks that's for sure kept a tight ship at Speedweeks in New Smyrna

My cousin qualified 5th for the open wheel modified race yesterday, finished 11th.. He's ran the open wheel race five or six times now. He told me the first time he went down there. "the tech inspection crew don't mess around, and everybody gets treated the same". In other words, they don't care who you are.

Going to watch the SB, to see if KB puts his 13 sets of tires to good use.

I ended up getting the coverage, they do a real good job on it. That last chance race was fun to watch. Snowflake 100 tonight should be good. Cole Williams is a kid that runs my local track every now and then, and won a couple big races this year so hope he can do good.
What device did you watch on and can you cast it to Chromecast? Thanks

What device did you watch on and can you cast it to Chromecast? Thanks

I watched half of it on my android tablet, I just used google chrome and went to speed51.com and loaded the video, then half the race I watched on my computer. I usually like watching on my tablet so that I can mess with the computer. I'm not familiar with chromecast so not for sure how that works.

Does Kyle’s midget look ready?

Why is Willy Clyde not entered?

I know Chase spent the day in Atlanta watching UGA in the SEC title game yesterday

Back
Top Bottom