If you wreck you are out

The thing is that 5 minutes is not enough time to even get warmed up. When you're talking car repairing you're usually replacing fenders and whole panels. That takes more than just 5 minutes, regardless of how fast you try to do it. It will take longer.

And that's not even taking into account that said parts need to be by the pit stall to begin with otherwise you'll burn your 5 minutes just getting whatever parts you need. I'm afraid this is yet another ill concieved rule that wasn't thought out well.
Your point is not valid as they can not change body panels. Cut off the torn body parts and get back on the track. BTW, from what I have seen, not many guys on pit road know how to use a reciprocating saw.

I don't see that it's going to reduce debris cautions. We had poorly repaired cars dropping stuff on the track before. Now we'll have cars coming out in 5 minutes for a repair that should have taken 10 minutes. Possibly creating even more debris cautions.

If a car blows a tire (mechanical failure) and it tears the fender apart (accident) ... :blink:
you think some drivers will actually slow down coming to the pits?
I bet teams will pit cars that think they have a tire going down, sooner rather than later knowing
they can fix the body.

Determination makes a winner seems to be a thing of the past...... Now.... it's race clean and avoid contact or.... ''You are outta' here''......
Other racing forms have that as a rule. Only in Nascar can you compete by wrecking the field.
Harvick comes to mind.

I don't see that it's going to reduce debris cautions. We had poorly repaired cars dropping stuff on the track before. Now we'll have cars coming out in 5 minutes for a repair that should have taken 10 minutes. Possibly creating even more debris cautions.
I don't think so because you can't add lose body parts. It won't be long before a new rule comes about attaching crush panels.

Your point is not valid as they can not change body panels. Cut off the torn body parts and get back on the track. BTW, from what I have seen, not many guys on pit road know how to use a reciprocating saw.

It's not totally void.

The fact you cant use new parts is a dumb idea because if you have to go to the garage then you cant come back out so that defeats the purpose of trying to fix a damaged car on pit road.

This rule only limits you to patching up the car with duct tape which is kind of dumb as most crashes need quite a bit of work.

If anything, this will produce more cautions.

There may be more to the end game than the obvious. Speculation disclaimers apply for the following :

This could be the first step in making the garage areas more accessible and fan freindly during the actual race time. With the elimination of garage service during the races, less restrictions are needed.

There may be more to the end game than the obvious. Speculation disclaimers apply for the following :

This could be the first step in making the garage areas more accessible and fan freindly during the actual race time. With the elimination of garage service during the races, less restrictions are needed.
Interesting view of this change. Never thought of that.

What would one be doing in the garage while everyone else is in the pits and track?

I would assume the garage is a ghost town while the race is going on.

Nafcars rule book is thicker than a funk and wagnalls dictionary. As jed clampett would say "pityfull"

They'll learn, and it won't take long. :D

What would one be doing in the garage while everyone else is in the pits and track?

I would assume the garage is a ghost town while the race is going on.
I wondered the same thing. What will there be to see back there?

May see some new innovations in quick car repair .

The Monster girls.................
Nah, they're gonna be where they can be seen easily and draw a large crowd. Likely any females hanging out around the garage during the race either have connections to the teams or NASCAR, or are pit lizards.

C4lTM0UUcAABWrm.jpg:large

DP, thanks.

So the five-minute clock is cumulative across multiple stops; it doesn't reset when you leave the pits the first time.

DP, thanks.

So the five-minute clock is cumulative across multiple stops; it doesn't reset when you leave the pits the first time.
Reads like it.
See .f ... last line. Repairs completed within the five minutes line to line that result in the ability to maintain minimum speed open the door to further repairs that are not on the clock. Interesting.

See .f ... last line. Repairs completed within the five minutes line to line that result in the ability to maintain minimum speed open the door to further repairs that are not on the clock. Interesting.
I suspect we're going to find out exactly how much of that sheet metal is actually necessary to run minimum speed.

Back
Top Bottom