Illegal communication between teams?

I am starting to think there might not be much to this. Reason, only fox is reporting and even then they won't release info until race hub.

Yeah I hope nothing comes of this . Nascar doesn't need another scandal .

Hey Tex, fueling the fire eh? :D

I'm all for it if it helps Gordon get in. :p

I guess I may as well come clean and admit it now before it's found out..... Last Saturday night, during the Richmond race, I called Jimmie Johnson on the scanner and told him to 'wall it' to help Jeff Gordon get into the Chase. I know, I know..... It didn't work but it was only a matter of time before NASCAR caught on to my illegal communications with all of the investigations going on right now. I sincerely apologize to all of my sponsors and hope that I can put this behind me.

@nascarcasm

"Richmond - The Race Before The Following Wednesday or Thursday That Determines The Chase."

@nascarcasm

If I'm a Chase contender at Richmond next year, I'm yanking the radio out of car and only communicating via a hired mime.

@TheOrangeCone

Who would have thought all of these technical alliances" would result in manipulation of race results?

Last edited:
I cant buy into any of this.

This is just a Fox Sports thing. I doubt NASCAR is actually looking into this going into Thursday.

AP excerpt:
http://racing.ap.org/article/did-penske-strike-deal-get-logano-chase
----
In radio communications reviewed Wednesday by The Associated Press for Front Row driver David Gilliland, his spotter informs the team of a request to let Logano pass him in the final laps of Saturday night's race.

A voice on the radio, believed to be crew chief Frank Kerr, asks who the request is coming from. The spotter replies: "We've got the big dog and all his cronies."

Kerr then says: "Travis knows what I've been asking for," an apparent reference to Penske Racing competition director Travis Geisler.

Logano passed Gilliland on a restart and finished 22nd, one spot ahead of Gilliland and good enough for a berth in the Chase field.

"Good job, good job, man," the spotter says after the race. "Hopefully we'll get something out of that."

Statistics analyzed by AP also show Gilliland's lap times dropped off by almost 1 second from the times he was running prior to the radio communication.

It's beginning to look more of "much ado about nothing".

From Jeff Gluck --

The amount of points he gained from this on the track is irrelevant.

NASCAR banned communication between Drivers, Crew Chiefs, Spotters, Owners etc. Thus if found out to break said rules a penalty would likely be imposed.

Then again it is NASCAR and he would probably only be fined $100 bucks.

NASCAR statement on Nos. 38 and 22 Sprint Cup series teams

NASCAR Statement

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Sept. 11, 2013) – NASCAR is aware of reports about the #22 and #38 radio communications at Richmond International Raceway and is looking into it, but has yet to see anything in full context that requires any action.

Umm, concrete evidence that NASCAR will NOT do anything about it and here is why.

Joey would still get in via the wild card and Truex would be out, that means Newman would have to be out of the chase because he's only in because of Truex so who does Newman replace if not Truex?

This is a done deal.

Oh and I just heard the radio communication between Gilliland and and people. Wow this is just egregious man.

Umm, concrete evidence that NASCAR will NOT do anything about it and here is why.

Joey would still get in via the wild card and Truex would be out, that means Newman would have to be out of the chase because he's only in because of Truex so who does Newman replace if not Truex?

This is a done deal.

Oh and I just heard the radio communication between Gilliland and and people. Wow this is just egregious man.

No. If they give Joey a 50 point penalty as well, Newman and Kahne still get the wildcards.

Joey only got in ahead of Newman by 10 points.

...but it was pretty BIG!

That is all NASCAR needs to hear to boot Joey off.

This has gone on since the beginning, and doesn't compare to what MWR did. That point didn't affect anything anyway.

The moral of the story is.......Joey has more friends than Jeff.

The Bowyer point didn't affect anything either.
Neither did the Vickers point.
Neither did the Gilliand point.

Yet all this **** went on to get them huh?

Moral of the story is, NASCAR banned communication between teams. It's cheating.

Back
Top Bottom