Illegal communication between teams?

I don't remember, its on the first page of the Chicagoland pre race thread under the weather forecasts.

NASCAR officials met with Front Row Motorsports crew chief Frank Kerr and spotter David Keith at Chicagoland Speedway on Friday morning to discuss Saturday’s incidents at Richmond International Raceway.

A separate meeting was held with Penske Racing vice president Bud Denker, competition director Travis Geisler, vice president of operations Michael Nelson, crew chief Todd Gordon and spotter Tab Boyd.

Both teams reviewed radio communications and tape from the Richmond NASCAR Sprint Cup race.

FRM general manager Jerry Freeze and Penske Racing's Denker said the teams would not comment until after a decision was made by NASCAR.

NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp said no decision had been made on whether a 13th team would be added to the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...t-with-sprint-cup-no-ruling-yet-091313#!jdKkv

It was obvious that, that is what they were waiting to do.

Now the question becomes whether Front Row covers for Penske.

"NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp said no decision had been made on whether a 13th team would be added to the Chase for the Sprint Cup."

Adding a 13th car to the Chase in response to the Penske Racing / Front Row Motorsports incident makes no sense to me.

Either there was a rules violation worthy of a points penalty or there wasn't.

if there was a rules violation, then penalizing Logano enough points to put him behind Newman in the standings before the reset would take Logano out of the Chase and put Gordon in.

Anything else baffles me.

Back
Top Bottom