Illegal communication between teams?

I read that audio transcript as Penske himself is standing next to #38 spotter making the request and negotiating some sort of payment/reward/quid pro quo.
Again, is Roger heard offering a bribe? Is anyone from Penske heard offering a bribe? Not that I heard.

No. But that's for Nascar and journalists to follow up on and ask him. That's what journalists do. Ask questions. Where were you?

--
Kerr then says: "Travis knows what I've been asking for," an apparent reference to Penske Racing competition director Travis Geisler.
---

Somebody needs to ask Travis Geisler what Kerr had been asking for.

No over all I agree with you. Nascar admitted that the only proof of wrong doing MWR did was Ty Norris telling Vickers to pit without a justifiable reason. Then they penalized all of MWR. So here you have Penske's team manager making a deal for another team to give up spot/spots. So where does it end? If you penalize MWR for an unjustifiable pit stop, shouldn't they do the same for making backdoor deals for track positions?

Hopefully, with 2 teams going real slow and doing wacky pit stops.

Where did have at it end when nascar refused to differentiate between extreme actions and typical actions? 11 wrecked cars and a driver in the hospital, that's where. Anyone who doesn't see the parallels between the 2 can just ask me. :D

This is ridiculous. A Pandora's box has been opened and there may be no turning back. I really hope this isn't the beginning of the end of the scanner communications @ the track for the attending fan but I'm afraid it is. :(
That's what I'm afraid of, too. We, the fans, could get cut out completely.

Pretty amazing, it took 4 teams blatantly cheating to keep Jeff Gordon from making the chase (15, 55, 22, 38)

Talk about having the deck stacked against you.

Joe Gibbs and Kyle Bush rock!

They didn't steep this low last year. They took it like men.

No. But that's for Nascar and journalists to follow up on and ask him. That's what journalists do. Ask questions. Where were you?

--
Kerr then says: "Travis knows what I've been asking for," an apparent reference to Penske Racing competition director Travis Geisler.
---

Somebody needs to ask Travis Geisler what Kerr had been asking for.

I stopped reading at no, because that's all that matters. Roger wasn't heard offering a bribe. Nobody at Penske was heard offering a bribe.

What was offered as payment for #38 to sandbag and let Logano pass? And who offered it? Who is the "big dog"? Is it Roger Penske himself? Jenna Fryer said it was in her tweets.

Pretty amazing, it took 4 teams blatantly cheating to keep Jeff Gordon from making the chase (15, 55, 22, 38)

Talk about having the deck stacked against you.

The 48 car hit the wall for the 24. That cancels out one of the 4 so it was 3 teams cheating to keep Gordon out.

Hopefully, with 2 teams going real slow and doing wacky pit stops.

Where did have at it end when nascar refused to differentiate between extreme actions and typical actions? 11 wrecked cars and a driver in the hospital, that's where. Anyone who doesn't see the parallels between the 2 can just ask me. :D

I was all for MWR being penalized, but the way Nascar went about it was really really really stupid. They opened themselves up for this kind of crap.

I think with the evidence there was a deal made. Usually a deal means each team in said deal gets compensation. We know what Penske's compensation was, I don't think we need to know what FRM got in return to penalize all parties involved. Making backdoor deals for official finalized track positions should be a big no no.

I am not talking about gentleman's agreements to lead a lap.

The Big Dog (Roger Penske), his cronies, and Travis Geisler.

Congrats on buying your way into the chase. You had a better year than Gordon, but the fact that you needed to buy your way in is pathetic.

I think with the evidence there was a deal made. Usually a deal means each team in said deal gets compensation. We know what Penske's compensation was, I don't think we need to know what FRM got in return to penalize all parties involved. Making backdoor deals for official finalized track positions should be a big no no.

Exactly. This is potentially a huge, huge deal. It sounds like Roger Penske was personally on the spotter's stand and, for lack of a better word, buying track position. That's huge. That's a really big deal if that's what happened.

Nascar and journalists need to ask Penske and Furniture Row some tough questions about what the terms of the deal were that was made.

Dont let FenderBumper see this sensible post.

The Big Dog (Roger Penske), his cronies, and Travis Geisler.

Congrats on buying your way into the chase. You had a better year than Gordon, but the fact that you needed to buy your way in is pathetic.
The one point alone doesn't mean anything. Logano would have won the tiebreaker over Gordon.

What NASCAR will hammer them for, if they do, is intent to manipulate the outcome of a race just as they did with MWR. This is worse though, since Penske seems to have actually bought off another team.

At this stage I just want to learn what actually happened. Was Roger Penske personally up on the spotter's stand making deals for track position, as the audio suggests? I find that fascinating if true.

At this stage I just want to learn what actually happened. Was Roger Penske personally up on the spotter's stand making deals for track position, as the audio suggests? I find that fascinating if true.
Sounds like you have a lot of built up HATE for Roger

Huh? Not at all. It's just interesting. What little I know about Penske I like. Good businessman and race owner. Don't take things so personally. I want to know what happened. You can't just shout "Hater!" to make uncomfortable questions go away.

The one point alone doesn't mean anything. Logano would have won the tiebreaker over Gordon.

What NASCAR will hammer them for, if they do, is intent to manipulate the outcome of a race just as they did with MWR. This is worse though, since Penske seems to have actually bought off another team.

One point alone doesn't matter. It is the multiple points that Jeff got screwed out of by the cheaters that matter.

And NASCAR is going to do nothing here...unfortunately. They will come up with some ambiguous no proof quote again even though the manipulation is blatantly obvious.

well, in the start of the video the they say "help in the future with whatever"
Sounds like nothing was promised...It was Gilliand making demands

Gordon series of quotes today:

Jeff Gluck ‏@jeff_gluck 20m
Gordon says NASCAR got penalty “half right.” Says it’s “pretty obvious” what caused caution.

Jeff Gluck ‏@jeff_gluck 21m
“I think our team deserves to be in this thing” based on what happened. —Gordon

Jeff Gluck ‏@jeff_gluck 23m
Gordon says his anger and disappointment “unlike any I’ve ever felt before.” Thanks fans for social media support.

Jeff Gluck ‏@jeff_gluck 29m
Where's the good karma? @JeffGordonweb is kickin' it for kids cancer today. #kickball pic.twitter.com/igp1qu08p2

Goes both ways I think.

How much do you dislike an organization to go to these great lengths at attempting to buy another team.

Specially when Roger, as far as I'm concern has the utmost respect for Rick so doing this will not sit well with Rick if true.

In the end its business but this just show what a man is really made of.

well, in the start of the video the they say "help in the future with whatever"
Sounds like nothing was promised...It was Gilliand making demands

Sounds like wishful thinking there.

It's obvious a deal was struck, even in that quote you posted. "Helping with whatever in the future" is still something that Penske agreed too, thus making a deal to buy a spot.

Dang! Everyone is cheating! Better check Danica's radio to make sure she wasn't communicating with anyone, trying to sneak her way in the chase!

If
NASCAR statement on Nos. 38 and 22 Sprint Cup series teams

NASCAR Statement

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Sept. 11, 2013) – NASCAR is aware of reports about the #22 and #38 radio communications at Richmond International Raceway and is looking into it, but has yet to see anything in full context that requires any action.
They might not be able to see it...but they darn sure should be able to hear it.

David Scott ‏@davidscott14 8m

Jeff Gordon: 'Anger, disappointment unlike any I've ever felt. When I found out how they manipulated, anger at a whole other level. #NASCAR

Back
Top Bottom