Illegal communication between teams?

Another one is they didn't know that at the time the deal was made because the 22 got three points on the last lap, one each from the 15-55-38. If he's in then he's in, if he's out then he's out, either way lets get this mess over with and get on with the racing.
AMEN!

I just had a random thought ---- all these threads and posts do not mean a hill of beans, when you come right down to it.
It's NASCAR's call --- period.

All it has done is allow us to argue/discuss/debate, raise some people's blood pressure, and make other mad. We love our sport and want
it to be clean and free of controversy ---- but it isn't, never has been, and never will be. We bring up old wrongs, or things we thought were wrong. We drag out long dead horses and continue to beat them.

I've decided that I'm just not going to worry. I will continue to watch the races. I will get hot about some things, I'm sure. But I'm not going
to let those "wrongs" consume me.

*rant over*

I just had a random thought ---- all these threads and posts do not mean a hill of beans, when you come right down to it.

All it has done is allow us to argue/discuss/debate, raise some people's blood pressure, and make other mad. We love our sport and want
it to be clean and free of controversy ---- but it isn't, never has been, and never will be. We bring up old wrongs, or things we thought were wrong. We drag out long dead horses and continue to beat them.

I've decided that I'm just not going to worry. I will continue to watch the races. I will get hot about some things, I'm sure. But I'm not going

*rant over*
I hear what you are saying I honestly do. There is still called a thing called integrity and right and wrong. Nascar has to make the call. Its black and white to me. Its not like somebody getting bumped on the last lap. This cuts way deeper than some hard racing. Nascar made their bed so now they are going to have to lay in it one way or the other.

Bob Pockrass ‏@bobpockrass 26s
Have to get writing but one more thing - seems like main pulse from drivers are surprised people didn't know how the sausage was made.

The main pulse from the fans is that some of the drivers these days are a bunch of sellouts.

Don't hand me that.. this has been going on for years BS. Things like this never happened back in the day.
There wasn't pressure from sponsors to make the chase, because there wasn't one.
There weren't big-buck team owners bribing other teams to let their guy pass to ensure they make the chase, because there wasn't one.
There weren't teammates you had to take a dive for because there were only single car teams for the most part.

Some nascar drivers these days need a good slap.

The main pulse from the fans is that some of the drivers these days are a bunch of sellouts.

I don't know where you are getting this Nascar Driver crap from . All of them were acting on direct orders from the guy who signs their paycheck . If you have a beef , it is with the car owners , don't ya think?

*rant over*
TRL you need a snickers !!!

Don't hand me that.. this has been going on for years BS. Things like this never happened back in the day.
There wasn't pressure from sponsors to make the chase, because there wasn't one.
There weren't big-buck team owners bribing other teams to let their guy pass to ensure they make the chase, because there wasn't one.
There weren't teammates you had to take a dive for because there were only single car teams for the most part.

:bsflag:

I don't know where you are getting this Nascar Driver crap from . All of them were acting on direct orders from the guy who signs their paycheck . If you have a beef , it is with the car owners , don't ya think?

I'm getting it from the tweet I quoted. The pulse of the drivers? Yes they were acting on team orders. But the 'pulse of the drivers" act like the fans are idiots for not expecting this to happen.

The fans expect a straight race from the drivers. Not bribery, and taking a dive for teammates.

That's what NASCAR wants us to do. Just ignore it.
I just have to wonder what more can be said that hasn't already been said? What more can be written or read that hasn't been already? Sure, everyone can sit here an complain all they want but it doesn't really mean anything except in our own little forum world. I've run my course with it and I'm ready for the racing to start back up. Who's with me? To the rest, have at it.

I just have to wonder what more can be said that hasn't already been said? What more can be written or read that hasn't been already? Sure, everyone can sit here an complain all they want but it doesn't really mean anything except in our own little forum world. I've run my course with it and I'm ready for the racing to start back up. Who's with me? To the rest, have at it.
I'm with ya, I've about worn my two typing fingers out.

Didn't you know that DP is really Brian France and actually loves the chase? :eek:
See, now you had to go there. I've been Guy Incognito for so long now and you had to go spoil it for me. Hold on, that's my wife on the phone. Yes dear, I said scotch! Yeah, we're outta scotch! Stop and pick some up on your way home, dammit! Okay, where was I Johali? So..... thanks to you it looks like I gotta come up with a new screen name. :(

I agree with everything you said, but here's my problem. There is no way to police it, especially with multi car organizations. Jeff and JJ staying out longer than they wanted to deny Carl a bonus point in the 2011 chase surely cost both of them more than one finishing position. I'm no Carl fan, but was that a fair way to decide that championship?

In the end, all this is nascar inc's fault. They cheapened the sport with 'excitement' yellows and turned a blind eye to actions detrimental to the sport in the name of ratings. They think controversy is the way to go, so they come up with a convoluted restart rule that allows them to decide one way or the other to suit their goals. They sat back and watched Menard's team use coded cues to slide his car in the grass to help Harvick. They didn't seem to mind Menard just sitting there until the yellow came out, then driving off the grass. Look at Bowyers spin. He got off the track and on the apron very quickly, but nascar threw the yellow anyway. Other times, they hold the yellow for much more dangerous situations because it suits them.

there's countless other examples of nascar doing questionable things to keep a race, or even the chase, close and 'exciting'.

The penalties weren't handed down because of the Bowyer incident. They were handed down because of Vickers' pit stop.

See, now you had to go there. I've been Guy Incognito for so long now and you had to go spoil it for me. Hold on, that's my wife on the phone. Yes dear, I said scotch! Yeah, we're outta scotch! Stop and pick some up on your way home, dammit! Okay, where was I Johali? So..... thanks to you it looks like I gotta come up with a new screen name. :(
:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::cheers:

Didn't you know that DP is really Brian France and actually loves the chase? :eek:
You should be ashamed of your self, calling DP a name like that. Your punishment will be no BL for 1 hour to give you time to think about what you've done.
:D
I'm with you, I can't keep up with this.

You should be ashamed of your self, calling DP a name like that. Your punishment will be no BL for 1 hour to give you time to think about what you've done.
:D

I'm with you, I can't keep up with this.
NO NO A THOUSAND TIMES NO

Besides you should know I have one in my hand as we speak. :D

NO NO A THOUSAND TIMES NO

Besides you should know I have one in my hand as we speak. :D
Glad to know you slowed down to one at a time. I've seen you drink firsthand and know that you can put those bad boyz down fast. No bottle holders for Johali. He was born with two.

Glad to know you slowed down to one at a time. I've seen you drink firsthand and know that you can put those bad boyz down fast. No bottle holders for Johali. He was born with two.
Your no slacker yourself, 5 days at Eldora and I never saw you let the dew fall off of one much less let one get warm.

Bread there is one undeniable "fact" that you are ignoring, the 22 beat the 24 into the chase by one point, Gilliland gave the 22 a point and by the conversations on the tape were given some type of compensation for doing so. Just because you keep saying that the 22 didn't get into the chase with the help of Gilliland doesn't make it true.
I wonder how much campaigning for the 24 Hendrick has been doing in talks with Nascar.......I bet Nascar have cut their phone lines.

So has NASCAR given the *last* official word on this deal yet?

Last I read was that they were looking into it further. Nothing else has come out.

This needs to be solved today. Cant imagine this going into Friday where they will finally hit the track. No going back then.

So has NASCAR given the *last* official word on this deal yet?

Last I read was that they were looking into it further. Nothing else has come out.

This needs to be solved today. Cant imagine this going into Friday where they will finally hit the track. No going back then.
I think that you are going to have to come to the conclusion that nothing is going to change. The Chase field is set. It's now time to race.

Just because it has been done before doesn't make it right. That is if Penske did indeed buy a finishing spot.

You'd have to bend over backwards pretty far to give them the benefit of the doubt after seeing the Logano/Gilliand vid. It's obvious a deal of some sort was made to allow the 22 to pass the 38 to make sure the 22 made the chase.

Whether or not it was the deciding factor in getting Logono in the chase or not isn't the issue for me. As far as I'm concerned Logano's chase birth is tainted.

Back
Top Bottom