IMSA 2017

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
C6zrnwDW0AAXEsV.jpg

I've seen races at every track run on in the last five years by this series and its pre-merger predecessors.

Except Sebring.

The weather in SC is going to suck this weekend and I'm Gorilla-gluing my fat butt to the Laz-E-Boy.

"***Various cars have underwent Balance of Performance changes since Daytona, but none more than the Cadillac DPi-V.R., which has received a total 2.1 mm reduction in air restrictor, 20 kg weight increase and fuel capacity and refueling restrictor reductions, in two waves. Cadillac DPi Program Coordinator Max Angelelli told Sportscar365 that the air restrictor adjustment alone equates to approximately a 70 horsepower decrease."

No surprise the Caddy's got cut back after Daytona.

"***Various cars have underwent Balance of Performance changes since Daytona, but none more than the Cadillac DPi-V.R., which has received a total 2.1 mm reduction in air restrictor, 20 kg weight increase and fuel capacity and refueling restrictor reductions, in two waves. Cadillac DPi Program Coordinator Max Angelelli told Sportscar365 that the air restrictor adjustment alone equates to approximately a 70 horsepower decrease."

No surprise the Caddy's got cut back after Daytona.
I think they still have to be big favorites going into today. It seems like whatever's thrown at them they can adjust to pretty well. If Rebellion can't beat them I don't think anyone can.

Went out there Thursday, I actually had an opportunity to do some work for ESM in setting up the hospitality suite. My ears still ring a bit from the Corvette, its insane just how pure sound and just how brutal it is. Nothing comes close to the volume and overall fidelity of sound it creates, the Cadillac was second, and that Mercedes SLS is so damn distinct.

The Ford GT sounds great, the Lexus folks were pretty cool and I got to talking with them. Got to meet Jordan Taylor as well, but I did not get an autograph or picture from him, such a cool guy and we just started a bit of a conversation for a bit. His dad, Wayne, came and picked him and they left to the suite. All in all, it was pretty cool to work with ESM Patron for a bit, so that was quite a pleasurable experience to be that close to the track and talk to personnel.

Went out there Thursday, I actually had an opportunity to do some work for ESM in setting up the hospitality suite. My ears still ring a bit from the Corvette, its insane just how pure sound and just how brutal it is. Nothing comes close to the volume and overall fidelity of sound it creates, the Cadillac was second, and that Mercedes SLS is so damn distinct.

The Ford GT sounds great, the Lexus folks were pretty cool and I got to talking with them. Got to meet Jordan Taylor as well, but I did not get an autograph or picture from him, such a cool guy and we just started a bit of a conversation for a bit. His dad, Wayne, came and picked him and they left to the suite. All in all, it was pretty cool to work with ESM Patron for a bit, so that was quite a pleasurable experience to be that close to the track and talk to personnel.
I went to one of the open test days a few weeks back and at the start of the afternoon session the Corvettes were the only ones on track for a little while. It was incredible. Totally agree on the Cadillac and Mercedes too. Big V8s will always be sexy, imo.

Jordan always seemed like a really cool dude. He's incredible on social media lol. That's hella lit though. How did you get to work with ESM for a day?

I went to one of the open test days a few weeks back and at the start of the afternoon session the Corvettes were the only ones on track for a little while. It was incredible. Totally agree on the Cadillac and Mercedes too. Big V8s will always be sexy, imo.

Jordan always seemed like a really cool dude. He's incredible on social media lol. That's hella lit though. How did you get to work with ESM for a day?

At the moment I work for a labor service and they asked me.

Dispatcher: "Kiante, do you want to go to Sebring?"

Me: " I said to the racetrack!?"

Dispatcher: "Yeah, a team needs help setting up its hospit..."

Me: *Gets to office* "Where do I sign?"

I was smiling all the way there. Didn't have to do much or get paid a lot, but the opportunity was too good to pass up. They have is labor works do what official team workers don't want to do. In reality, moving a lot of heavy stuff during that time. Easiest money I have made IMHO, but my car popped up a freaking CEL tho after the drive.

I have to get the PCM reflashed on my Dart...lol

All I'm seeing on the FSGo app is in-car streams. Anyone know where I can find the regular telecast?

Tristan Vautier should still be in Indycar, dude seriously got ****** over badly after his only year.

Tristan Vautier should still be in Indycar, dude seriously got ****** over badly after his only year.
A lot of the solid MRTI guys seem to go on and have success in sports cars. It'd be good to see Juncos and Carlin provide a home to some of them in the future.

A lot of the solid MRTI guys seem to go on and have success in sports cars. It'd be good to see Juncos and Carlin provide a home to some of them in the future.

Those Carlin seats are waiting for Jones and Chilton, at least IMHO.

Juncos might be a possibility for him and I hope so.

Uh-oh, got the rump open on one of the Paetron cars and taking an extinguisher to it. That's almost never good.

Fillipe has to be pissed right now with Jordan right on his rear end.

Jordan has a foot made of freaking lead.

The little Yellow vette whipped three GT40's, I love it, especially with William Ford watching.

Every IMSA broadcast proves... Yes, Virginia, there *is* a TV guy that makes Michael Waltrip look knowledgeable and professional as a commentator. Justin Bell is 100% cringeworthy 100% of the time.

Heck of a good race in GTLM. Congrats to the Corvette team.

Back
Top Bottom