IMSA 2020

Pulled the trigger on four tickets for next weekend. The difference in weather should be interesting for this one.
Unfortunately, another team pulled out of the race. The Heart of Daytona AMR team will not be there, I think it will be a total of 27 entries...

I don't give a ****, its a race to attend.

Unfortunately, another team pulled out of the race. The Heart of Daytona AMR team will not be there, I think it will be a total of 27 entries...

I don't give a ****, its a race to attend.
Yeah, I’m thinking we’ll still get somewhere in the range of 10-12 GTD entries which would put the field between 26-28. Might look small for Daytona but there shouldn’t be any lack of competition. Also, when you lose 4-5 cars for a period of time but still have roughly a dozen showing up I think GTD is in pretty good shape.

What happens the next couple of years with factory teams will be the bigger question.

It is a night race......Broadcasting from 6 to 9pm on NBCSN.

Thanks.

This is even better. I've been to the July Daytona sportscar race many times, even back in the 70s. They used to have it at midnight and it was called the "Paul Revere 250". They have since changed the name (often) and the time, and the race has come and gone. I wish they would give it a permanent place on the schedule.

Super happy to finally have a race again. I've watched the entire Rolex about 10 times now!

6 Hours of the Glen moved up to Labor Day weekend to avoid Indy 8 Hours/Harvest GP weekend conflict. Lime Rock follows the week after, and Laguna Seca moves back to Halloween weekend. VIR moves to Saturday the 22nd to accommodate the Indy 500 on Sunday the 23rd.

I used this code and it seems to work. Gets you the live WeatherTech races commercial-free I think, as well as the live Michelin Pilot Challenge and Prototype Challenge races.

Be fun to see some sports cars for a change. I picked #5 to win in my league, why? I don't know. Kinda
wish I picked a Mazda . Oh well, cant wait.

Yeah, should come right after the Xfinity race.

EcBAWV4WkAAu-fH

Yeah, should come right after the Xfinity race.

EcBAWV4WkAAu-fH
You live in Melbourne right?

How long does it take you to travel from there to Daytona?

Yep, I would say a little over an hour to 1:15 or so depending on traffic and weather. It’s definitely a more pleasant drive than a full ride across I-4 was.
I still have to go through downtown Orlando.

That will be fun as usual. If you feel like linking up or just PM me with social distancing in mind of course. If not, I hope you and your friends/family have a great time tomorrow.

The Caddilac and the Porsche definitely stand out sound wise.

Holy crap.
I'm not sure what difference is between Caddy and Vette. I'd think they are both LS derivatives. Porsche I think is still a flat 4, or are they V6 now?

I'm not sure what difference is between Caddy and Vette. I'd think they are both LS derivatives. Porsche I think is still a flat 4, or are they V6 now?
Porsche 911 is still a flat-6. The former LMP1 had the V4, the Caddy is based off the 6.2 LS/LT engine. The Corvette is now a flat planed DOHC twin-turbo V8.

ECR actually makes the engine for the Caddilac DPi.

Real interesting that they do the right front and left rear tires first, then swap and do the right rear and left front. Versus the Indycar or NASCAR tire order.

I'd love to be the pit road camera operator. Standing right in front of the car when it stops, and right next to it when it takes off

Back
Top Bottom