Indycar @ Houston

NASCAR drivers and media show respect for all forms of Motorsport.

Ha, most of these guys grew up watching IndyCar. I can't find the link now, but Robin Miller posted a link once to a NASCAR.com article where all the current Cup drivers were asked who their favorite driver as a kid was.

Jimmie Johnson and Kevin Harvick said "Rick Mears".

Hint, he didn't drive in NASCAR.

Besides, a lot of the Cup guys came from open-wheel backgrounds. Tony Stewart, Kasey Kahne, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Larson, to start.

Ha, most of these guys grew up watching IndyCar. I can't find the link now, but Robin Miller posted a link once to a NASCAR.com article where all the current Cup drivers were asked who their favorite driver as a kid was.

Jimmie Johnson and Kevin Harvick said "Rick Mears".

Hint, he didn't drive in NASCAR.

Besides, a lot of the Cup guys came from open-wheel backgrounds. Tony Stewart, Kasey Kahne, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Larson, to start.

All I'm saying is the open wheel community, the fans, teams, media SEEM more snobby/pretentious towards full-fender, circle track cars than vice versa.

And I know who Rick Mears is! Don't hint me. Haha

All I'm saying is the open wheel community, the fans, teams, media SEEM more snobby/pretentious towards full-fender, circle track cars than vice versa.

And I know who Rick Mears is! Don't hint me. Haha
Haha, just kidding re: Mears.

You're probably right. I think NASCAR, its origins and its cars/technology spec all lend themselves towards ridicule from open-wheel fans. Besides, NASCAR has been #1 in this country for a while now and I think there's a little bit of envy from open-wheel people.

I remember PT was just as hard on the IRL during The Split as he was on NASCAR. I remember he called the IRL car a "crapwagon". :D

Haha, just kidding re: Mears.

You're probably right. I think NASCAR, its origins and its cars/technology spec all lend themselves towards ridicule from open-wheel fans. Besides, NASCAR has been #1 in this country for a while now and I think there's a little bit of envy from open-wheel people.

I remember PT was just as hard on the IRL during The Split as he was on NASCAR. I remember he called the IRL car a "crapwagon". :D

Lmao. PT is a douche but you gotta love him.

True about NASCAR being the big dog on campus. I'm sure that would have something to do with it.. Especially since they themselves screwed up something equally huge in the 80's and 90's. I would probably hold a bit of a grudge myself.

Poo Kan Ooo coming up, it was a barn burner last year. I was surprised they had so many wrecks on that huge track AND the good thing is that there isn't any other racing conflicting with it on the holiday weekend.

Poo Kan Ooo coming up, it was a barn burner last year. I was surprised they had so many wrecks on that huge track AND the good thing is that there isn't any other racing conflicting with it on the holiday weekend.
I enjoyed the Pocono race last year. Should be another good one this year.

Stupid ABC didn't want to commit the time to a 500 mile race so they made IndyCar make it a 400 mile race. And you know what, it finished 45 minutes before the broadcast window ended. Glad it's a 500 miler again. Like when they raced here in the oldern days.

I enjoyed the Pocono race last year. Should be another good one this year.

Stupid ABC didn't want to commit the time to a 500 mile race so they made IndyCar make it a 400 mile race. And you know what, it finished 45 minutes before the broadcast window ended. Glad it's a 500 miler again. Like when they raced here in the oldern days.
probably had little league baseball, or cliff diving (some of us never forget) :)

This is why IndyCar stops racing before football season starts.

Free from NFL competition, viewership soared for last weekend’s IndyCar Series doubleheader from Houston.

The second race of the IndyCar Series Grand Prix of Houston drew 396,000 viewers on NBCSN Sunday, up 146% from coverage in an earlier timeslot last year (161K). The first race earned 361,000 on Saturday, up 121% (163K).

Last year’s coverage aired in October, facing college football competition on Saturday and the NFL on Sunday. Though this year’s race still faced formidable competition in the World Cup, moving out of football’s shadow likely contributed to the massive increase.

So far this season, NBCSN has averaged 390,000 viewers for IndyCar coverage — up 34% from the comparable point last year (291K).

This is why IndyCar stops racing before football season starts.

Free from NFL competition, viewership soared for last weekend’s IndyCar Series doubleheader from Houston.

The second race of the IndyCar Series Grand Prix of Houston drew 396,000 viewers on NBCSN Sunday, up 146% from coverage in an earlier timeslot last year (161K). The first race earned 361,000 on Saturday, up 121% (163K).

Last year’s coverage aired in October, facing college football competition on Saturday and the NFL on Sunday. Though this year’s race still faced formidable competition in the World Cup, moving out of football’s shadow likely contributed to the massive increase.

So far this season, NBCSN has averaged 390,000 viewers for IndyCar coverage — up 34% from the comparable point last year (291K).

f1 #'s up a bunch too .
we'll see how tricky triangle #'s look. w/ no race on fox .....same time.

So NASCAR numbers way down for consecutive years and Indy is shooting way up. Interesting.

I've got so much racing to record this weekend.... JFC.

Dang, the week before, they got busted for an illegal car when Wilson won at Texas.
When Wilson won at Texas in 2012, they got busted for having the wrong aero package on the car too. Chad Knaus must be moonlighting at Dale Coyne Racing.

Back
Top Bottom