Indycar @ Houston

It may or may not be a direct result of the engines but the racing in F1 and IndyCar with the turbocharged V6s has been pretty good.

agree on f1 / indy races this yr.
once cup cars weigh same as f1 / indy cars ......will be time ta maybe consider v6 turbo.

for us ol farts that watched the 6's in Nascar race, it wasn't pretty. I think the horsepower loss will come from reduced intake air/fuel flow if it comes and wasn't just thrown out there to see if it would stick.

I'd certainly rather have them focus on other things before engines. I don't think next year's engine changes will help.

hopefully will at least put big honchos all back ta square 1 .......at season start anyway. ? we'll see.

----Wow!! What a race!! That's about the best race I have seen in some time. Sato? Maybe it wasn't his fault, but I bet if you wagered before every race that he would wreck, you'd win a lot of money.
----And I can hear Rahal's dad now---"What were you thinking, JR?" (In reference to Hildebrand taking out Power in St. Pete last year during a yellow) I felt so bad for TK, but accidents do happen. He is a class act. At least that's better than what Carpenter did at Indy.
----I can't believe all of those open cars weren't affected by all that water and have their engines stall or have some type of problems. And having to see through all of the water splashing in their faces. I'll bet that was fun.
----So, what is that now? 7 winners in 9 races? It makes for an interesting season. That's for sure. I'm glad to see Juan Pablo Montoya do well. Congrats to Huertas. And AJ.......could you stop sugar coating all of your interviews? Speak your mind, dude!! Don't be so shy. :)

Yesterdays race was awesome. Can't wait for Race 2. Double headers always kick ass.

yeah yesterday was the best race so far this weekend to watch for me, I'm going to split between the Tudor 6 hr. race at Watkins Glenn and race 2, hope they stagger the commercials so I can watch both at the same time.

yeah yesterday was the best race so far this weekend to watch for me, I'm going to split between the Tudor 6 hr. race at Watkins Glenn and race 2, hope they stagger the commercials so I can watch both at the same time.

Sounds like a plan :D

Haha! NBCSP having audio problems...maybe we were too hard on TNT...it could be aliens :eek:

Are they using the same cars as yesterday or backup cars for today's race?

if you are talking about the open ****pit boxy looking cars, they were in another series that were consolidated into a combined series called IMSA /Tudor Championship. Used to be Rolex and American LeMans. they are a spec car designed by the French to carry two people..go figure.

if you are talking about the open ****pit boxy looking cars, they were in another series that were consolidated into a combined series called IMSA /Tudor Championship. Used to be Rolex and American LeMans. they are a spec car designed by the French to carry two people..go figure.

Thanks...it just looked odd.

Back
Top Bottom