Indycar @ Houston

Marco just dumped Wilson...followed by a shortcut. He's losing it.

Street Courses aren't supposed to provide passing spots and you aren't supposed to be able to beat and bang with open wheel cars. Pretty badass.

Both races were great. The TV coverage was excellent. My new life mission, besides getting people to go to short tracks, is going to be to get people to watch the Verizon IndyCar Series instead of watching NASCAR.

Both races were great. The TV coverage was excellent. My new life mission, besides getting people to go to short tracks, is going to be to get people to watch the Verizon IndyCar Series instead of watching NASCAR.

Why don't you want people watching Nascar :confused:

Personally, I watch both.

There are weeks when one series has better racing than the other. But this weekend, Indy Car blew NASCAR out of the water.

yeah good weekend, watched the trucks, N'wide, Cup, both Indys and the 6 hour at Watkins. Both the Indys I liked the best. We have N'wide, Cup, F-1, and Indycar next week and they all don't conflict. Works for me.

Steve Matchett:
"@jackhawk98 Nice job, Jack, last to third, your boss has to be pleased with that. Keep pushing. See you next year, hopefully. All the best."

..Of course he was really stroking Jack Hawksworth all day... Like he hadn't seen any other races this year where they ran well.. And why is he already trying to take our damn talent?? He came out here to scout... Muther****er.

That's all fine and great but why does the open-wheel world stab NASCAR in the back, any chance they get?NASCAR drivers and media show respect for all forms of Motorsport. Give Open-Wheel 2 good years out of 2 decades and they are like, "We told you so". **** those snobs.

I don't think anyone's stabbing NASCAR in the back. The product NASCAR puts on is boring more times than not, but plenty of people will keep watching. The point of what I wrote is that everything NASCAR fans gripe about wanting to see, IndyCar's giving it to them. And they won't watch because it's not American enough for Neck Nation.

I don't think anyone's stabbing NASCAR in the back. The product NASCAR puts on is boring more times than not, but plenty of people will keep watching. The point of what I wrote is that everything NASCAR fans gripe about wanting to see, IndyCar's giving it to them. And they won't watch because it's not American enough for Neck Nation.

It's not even what's said in the article, but it got me thinking.. Paul Tracy(for example, just because he's an announcer and I heard it from him today) and other open wheelers in the media rag on NASC...stock car racing all the time. It's been that way for decades.. I guarantee open wheel purists will use this weekend as ammunition for years.

And it's not "hey come check us out, we put on a good show", it's "**** NASCAR! that **** is lame!"

NASCAR drivers and media show respect for all forms of Motorsport.
NASCAR media loves to crap on IndyCar and F1. I can't even count how many NASCAR "journalists" don't even bother to stop calling it the "IRL". I remember the Waltrip brothers spouting off in the pre-race show for the 2013 Coke 600 about how bad the Indy 500 ending was and how the 600 was going to be so much better.

NASCAR media loves to crap on IndyCar and F1. I can't even count how many NASCAR "journalists" don't even bother to stop calling it the "IRL". I remember the Waltrip brothers spouting off in the pre-race show for the 2013 Coke 600 about how bad the Indy 500 ending was and how the 600 was going to be so much better.

The IRL thing irks me. And I do recall mouth diarrhea from the Waltrips, but in general(in the racing community), NASCAR is way more disrespected IMO.

The IRL thing irks me. And I do recall mouth diarrhea from the Waltrips, but in general(in the racing community), NASCAR is way more disrespected IMO.
I think it was just last year even Gordon was talking about, after visiting the Pocono IndyCar 400, how much better NASCAR's attendance is than IndyCar's.

Montoya's talked about both F1 and NASCAR a bit this year but he's about the only one who's raced in all three series so he's pretty much the only one who can comment with the most perspective.

I was at the NHRA national event at Joliet, IL all day and missed Houston Round #2. Need to find a YouTube link of it or something.

This is true. I remember when Danica was a rookie in IndyCar and the NASCAR commentators on SPEED Channel felt the need to crap on her and talk about how she's only there because IndyCar sucks.

Bringing up IndyCar TV ratings is fair game, I guess. Of course, when the NASCAR media craps on IndyCar over ratings, they fail to mention that the ratings are up on ABC ... unlike NASCAR which is down double digits across the board for the second consecutive year.

Back
Top Bottom