Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

I honestly don’t know how much of a gain swapping out a Dover weekend for a Nashville Superspeedway weekend is. It does give an opportunity to gauge the market in the interim while the Fairgrounds saga goes on. If that doesn’t come to fruition, does the Superspeedway race still go on? It sounds like the track is surprisingly still in decent shape, and Dover wants to operate the track long-term.

I believe 2005 had the highest average TV ratings of any season. So after that.
I blame the COT almost completely for the decline. It began to flatten out in 2011-2013 and then we got the elimination playoffs and everybody retired

Didn’t see this one coming at all, I’m excited for a race in Nashville, and Bristol still gets to keep both their races. I’ll give the revival of the speedway a chance before I make a decision. I’m not sad about losing a Dover race either.

Didn’t see this one coming at all, I’m excited for a race in Nashville, and Bristol still gets to keep both their races. I’ll give the revival of the speedway a chance before I make a decision. I’m not sad about losing a Dover race either.
Me neither, something different.

The idea to return NASCAR to Nashville took root after a successful blowout last December for its season-ending awards celebration. There were burnouts on Broadway, a party with country music star and NASCAR fan Blake Shelton and a NASCAR-themed night at the Grand Ole Opry. Buoyed by the excitement, Dover started discussions with NASCAR and its TV broadcast partners about running a race at the Superspeedway.

"Especially after the awards banquet, it was, how do we get to Nashville as soon as we possibly can?" Dover CEO Mike Tatoian told The Associated Press. "It made it a fairly easy discussion that it was through Dover Motorsports."

Weird, but okay. I'm all for military members, but any true reasoning behind this?

Ugh. I was ready to hop on the car man. They had a chance to really break some ground here, 500 people is nothing.

I was hoping for fans back at the Brickyard 400 on July 4th weekend. I would have driven the 3 hours to attend, bummer.

I'm REALLY bummed that my streak will end. I guess I get an asterisk for 2020 since I am being prevented from attending. My collection of Brickyard 400 Official Programs will have a gap in it too. The joke is, if there was ANY track, or ANY sporting venue in the country that it would quite easy to social distance, Indy would be it.

I'm REALLY bummed that my streak will end. I guess I get an asterisk for 2020 since I am being prevented from attending. My collection of Brickyard 400 Official Programs will have a gap in it too. The joke is, if there was ANY track, or ANY sporting venue in the country that it would quite easy to social distance, Indy would be it.
A lot of things this year deserve an *. Sorry about missing your streak, I am just hoping to go to ONE Brickyard one of these years.

I'm only a fan of RA if they do a modified caution setup. You can't have full course cautions every time or the race would be terrible. IMO Iowa needs to be the next track added, road course wise it's Mid Ohio

I’ll be the one to say it: replace Sonoma with Mid Ohio.

Other road courses I’d like to see would be Barber Motorsports Park, VIR, and could you imagine the Cup cars dropping down the Carousel at Laguna Seca?

I’ll be the one to say it: replace Sonoma with Mid Ohio.

Other road courses I’d like to see would be Barber Motorsports Park, VIR, and could you imagine the Cup cars dropping down the Carousel at Laguna Seca?
I don't want to replace Sonoma IMO.

Barber would be a pain to overtake, VIR would be interesting, Laguna Seca is also extremely narrow with not a lot of areas to overtake. Mid-Ohio would be doable in the end.

I still think Mosport would be the best option along with Road America would be great additions to the schedule. Both tracks offer more overtaking opportunities.

I’m not a fan of how stages have impacted road courses in particular either.

Road America is a great circuit though, and has the potential to be a huge hit if they do it right. I do hope people don’t get their expectations up too much though because so many of the Xfinity races there have ended in overtime, and you just can’t anticipate a shootout that often at the level of skill the Cup field has.

I dont want them to get crazy with the Road Courses. I feel Sonoma, Watkins Glen during the regular then the Roval and Road America for our 2 playoff road courses would be ideal. We also dont know if they will do street courses so I would be okay holding off with the Mid Ohio's and Laguna Seca's until seeing if the street courses jump from rumor to reality. At the end of the day this is NASCAR not CART, so I would be open to adding at least one more short track (2 races) to the schedule. Maybe its Iowa, but I always thought that raced like Richmond or Phoenix and not a true short track. Problem is I dont know any other short tracks besides our favorite defunct one in Wilkesboro ( I never considered Rockingham a short track either), Fairgrounds in Nashville, South Boston, Hickory or Myrtle Beach (which is closing).

Back
Top Bottom