Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

I wouldn't mind the current races on the schedule just getting rotated around to some different times of the season... but then comes the economics aspect where NASCAR tries to help the teams by having the west coast races together and things of that nature.

I'd like to see more Saturday night races.

I really feel like the beginning of the season could use a night race at California or Phoenix...

I think a night race at those two places would have the weather (chilly at night) and the pacific time zone working against that happening. In the heat of the summer, night races are great IMO.

I’d love to see Michigan adopt that drafting package similar to what Xfinity had at Indy last year and run that under the lights in August. Would look so cool in that wilderness to have a Saturday night race

They tried the high downforce "drafting" approach at Michigan in 2015. The race was a dumpster fire and they scrapped the entire horrible idea. It should stay dead and buried.

Well they’re not going to go with that package with Xfinity in June. It’s just going to be a bigger spoiler, Small restrictor plate and aero ducts. I see nothing wrong with this being implemented, your best cars will still shine, they just won’t be able to drive away by creating turbulence.

We see this all the time with the truck race at Michigan which is one of the best races NASCAR has period. The size of the cars creates enough drag to allow for slingshot passes and some intense racing

Average temp this time of the year is 63 degrees in Martinsville. That's not that bad. Weather happens. We deal with it and move on. Just like we'll be doing in about 48 minutes.
They need to move Martinsville back to April and run it wirh Bristol and Richmond to bring back the short track series.

All this talk about a schedule change is POINTLESS!!

As long as the France family owns Nascar and ISC which controls most of the tracks nothing will change. The France family figured out that hey we own the sport and can decide which tracks get races. Is it any wonder that all the new tracks built since 2000 are all owned by ISC/France. They control the sport and more importantly the TV money. So until that well runs dry the schedule will never change.
And when it does run dry the sport will be a shell of its glory days. The France family will have their billions and sell the tracks for land development and make more millions. And the teams will have a series worth not a lot and only small tracks to race on. It will become a glorified ARCA.

upload_2018-3-29_19-59-20.jpeg

As long as the France family owns Nascar and ISC which controls most of the tracks nothing will change. The France family figured out that hey we own the sport and can decide which tracks get races. Is it any wonder that all the new tracks built since 2000 are all owned by ISC/France. They control the sport and more importantly the TV money. So until that well runs dry the schedule will never change.
And when it does run dry the sport will be a shell of its glory days. The France family will have their billions and sell the tracks for land development and make more millions. And the teams will have a series worth not a lot and only small tracks to race on. It will become a glorified ARCA.
Somebody needs some ice cream.

Since no one liked my opinion and what I wrote.

I encourage everyone to go to Frontstretch.com and read the article entitled " 4 Burning Questions. What is to be done with the Cup and Truck Schedules?"
Also read the comments at the bottom of the page.
Thank you.

Since no one liked my opinion and what I wrote.

I encourage everyone to go to Frontstretch.com and read the article entitled " 4 Burning Questions. What is to be done with the Cup and Truck Schedules?"
Also read the comments at the bottom of the page.
Thank you.
no need, we have some of the best apocalyptic future tellers in the business right here. The Front stretchers should come over here, they could pick up some tips. This is the place where the B.S. flies and every day we are reminded that the future is grim. :dunce::punkrocke

I agree all discussion about schedule change is pointless.

Forget about what tracks are good or bad, this is all going to be decided by people in suits in a boardroom and the discussion will center around money. And unless someone here wants to share their public identity as one of the powerbrokers, we're not going to be privy to any of it. Neither will the journalists.

I agree all discussion about schedule change is pointless.

Forget about what tracks are good or bad, this is all going to be decided by people in suits in a boardroom and the discussion will center around money. And unless someone here wants to share their public identity as one of the powerbrokers, we're not going to be privy to any of it. Neither will the journalists.

Yep it will be IMS or Dover losing a race and IDK if that will happen or not. Probably not.

If Indianapolis lost their race, that's a serious FU to the teams. What races pay more in purse other than Daytona?
If a specific track is turning off Fans, why go there and lose money at other events?
Over all money is what drives Nascar, not just any one event. If that were true, why not build 10 Daytona tracks? Fans want variety and Nascar gave them 1.5 mile tracks. Fans said no thank you and left to find something else to do.
Example: I never liked Bristol nor do I enjoy Plate racing. However there are 31 other races that interest me so I watch. Now I also like the new Bristol. I will never watch a race because HMS makes more money at that track.

I wish they would have at least turned the schedule upside-down and ran the final 10 @

Talladega
Richmond
Bristol
Texas
Martinsville
California
Phoenix
Las Vegas
Atlanta
and finish up @ the Daytona 500

DZ4tNz1VwAAhXkc.jpg

I will start to stop watching this sport if they don't take off at least 2 races from the schedule to new tracks when the new contracts start. I am tired of investing in ISC shareholders and Bruton Smith's shareholders bank accounts.

And the lack of changes or even weather fixes for next year (Atlanta, Martinsville, Las Vegas in September) is ridiculous.

I'm shocked
Me too.

I just can't understand why they didn't screw the broadcasters schedules over while simultaneously bull-dozing a billion and a half dollars worth of plant and equipment, purchase The Rock and North Wilkesboro properties and spend 600 million refurbishing them. Makes no sense at all.

There is no such thing as a bad race, all the commercials for the broadcasts are sold and the racing has never been better than today so why ruin a good thing by making unnecessary changes?.....:)

My opinion on all this and I might very well be wrong is that this will all be much to do about nothing when it comes time to redo the schedule. I bet 10 years from now th schedule will be pretty close to what we have now. As for Trucks and Xfinity, that might be up for grabs

I will start to stop watching this sport if they don't take off at least 2 races from the schedule to new tracks when the new contracts start. I am tired of investing in ISC shareholders and Bruton Smith's shareholders bank accounts.

And the lack of changes or even weather fixes for next year (Atlanta, Martinsville, Las Vegas in September) is ridiculous.
Then you might as well stop watching meow, everything is locked in more or less with the current TV deal, its hard to foresee any major changes to schedule right meow.

I agree that NASCAR should of tried to do something with a few of tracks to avoid weather being a factor.

I don’t see the Sunday afternoon Vegas race being as successful as they hope it will be. They probably should have swapped it with Charlotte. That way the chase starts out in their largest market, and not during a cloudless 100+ degree day. Also the whole scheduling Atlanta and martinsville during a time that the average highs rarely exceed 50, is just brain dead stubbornness. Isc could easily swap the talladega and Martinsville dates, and smi should have no issues swapping Texas and Atlanta’s dates.

Then you might as well stop watching meow, everything is locked in more or less with the current TV deal, its hard to foresee any major changes to schedule right meow.

I agree that NASCAR should of tried to do something with a few of tracks to avoid weather being a factor.

Don't worry I don't watch the races on Sundays. The TV contracts and the contracts with the schedule are two different things.

Pitiful they won't even fix the weather **** ups plus Kansas in mid/late October? You gotta be kidding.

IDK, this year it was in the 70s for the Atlanta race. That works for me. Martinsville sucked though. The problem is you never know about the weather.
I just don't get what everyone is saying. I do not see a single race in 2019 that is being run on the same date as 2018. Every one of them has changed!

Cut 6 races, start the season in March, end the season in October. Remove 1 race from Michigan, Pocono, Texas, Kansas, Vegas, Dover, Phoenix, Talladega. Give Iowa a race.

Back
Top Bottom