Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

There’s rumors on Twitter tonight that screenshots leaked showing potential 2023 NASCAR schedules and Wilkesboro is on it. I’m trying to find them myself but no luck thus far.
See: post 3810 for reference

I've been told there is a lot of truth to those rumors but nothing set in stone for 2023. If 2023, late September is most likely. If 2024, early May is most likely. Dirt is in play for not only Wilkesboro. Again, nothing set in stone but there are some VERY interesting discussions happening. Also another track is considering re-configuring within the next couple years and that could determine Wilkesboro's ultimate fate

I've been told there is a lot of truth to those rumors but nothing set in stone for 2023. If 2023, late September is most likely. If 2024, early May is most likely. Dirt is in play for not only Wilkesboro. Again, nothing set in stone but there are some VERY interesting discussions happening. Also another track is considering re-configuring within the next couple years and that could determine Wilkesboro's ultimate fate
=IF= Sept. 2023 is a goal, someone has to start writing checks yesterday. Hell, it's taken four months to put up a new Starbucks down the street.

=IF= Sept. 2023 is a goal, someone has to start writing checks yesterday. Hell, it's taken four months to put up a new Starbucks down the street.
It made a lot more sense to me once I revisited the 2022 schedule

Forgot to mention in my recent post...Acura is in play

You're the man. Alot to unpack here. It's incredible a track that has sat for 25 years is even being talked about to host a Cup Race. I assume that most everything around the track and inside the infield is coming down and its going to be a dirt track. Twitter was saying the only shot Wilkesboro has is becoming the "Dirt Track of NASCAR". My hunch for other track reconfiguration is Texas. Being called out by Phelps and seeing NASCAR being aggressive with the schedule you would figure the folks at TMS have to figure out something to stay on the schedule. Now the question is what configuration ?

You're the man. Alot to unpack here. It's incredible a track that has sat for 25 years is even being talked about to host a Cup Race. I assume that most everything around the track and inside the infield is coming down and its going to be a dirt track. Twitter was saying the only shot Wilkesboro has is becoming the "Dirt Track of NASCAR". My hunch for other track reconfiguration is Texas. Being called out by Phelps and seeing NASCAR being aggressive with the schedule you would figure the folks at TMS have to figure out something to stay on the schedule. Now the question is what configuration ?
I do not feel comfortable saying which track. All I will say is that it will be largely unexpected...if it happens

1636486535685.png

you'd have to ask our resident Hauler Driver @Nitro Dude how he feels about this. I got nothing for ya, thats a hard gig driving the Big Rig for a race team I'd imagine.
The logistics part of that is awesome and I would love that part of the tour. But, I'm single and didn't mind staying out for a couple of months at a time. But, I doubt the hauler drivers that are married and have kids would want to be gone for 6 weeks counting the 4 days traveling west and then back east. I guess some of the drivers might like it depending on if they wanted a vacation from from the wifey. :)

holy crap. its actually going to happen

What level of racing?
I'm going to try to attend whatever level it is. You never know how long this second chance is going to last or if its even tangible, I always wanted to attend a race there. Hopefully its closer to happening, I've already begun saving money each week to afford to travel and lodge and most of all got the Yes from my wife as long as we stay in Charlotte, NC. Done deal.

I'm going to try to attend whatever level it is. You never know how long this second chance is going to last or if its even tangible, I always wanted to attend a race there. Hopefully its closer to happening, I've already begun saving money each week to afford to travel and lodge and most of all got the Yes from my wife as long as we stay in Charlotte, NC. Done deal.
That's why I had bought tickets to the Cars Tour race at the Rock this year that was canceled.

You should try to take in a Saturday night at Hickory Motor Speedway too if you can.

Oh, goody, they’re finally turning Talladega into a road course.

would be incredible to see the supers changed up… at the very least maybe they could get down to one race a piece at them

Surely they could make commercials out of more short track racing instead…

With the direction the sport is going, trying to work in more courses and such things in 2023… it would be a good chance to cut the plate tracks down.

would be incredible to see the supers changed up… at the very least maybe they could get down to one race a piece at them

Surely they could make commercials out of more short track racing instead…

With the direction the sport is going, trying to work in more courses and such things in 2023… it would be a good chance to cut the plate tracks down.

No. Look at the stands and attendance for those.

Let's just say hell with it and build a 3 mile Talladega, in the desert. :XXROFL:

I do not feel comfortable saying which track. All I will say is that it will be largely unexpected...if it happens
Bold prediction 2023 - Daytona to become a 1/4 mile short track and/or Bristol made into a 1.5 miler! Largely unexpected 😜.
:flushed: :flushed: :XXROFL: :sarcasm::sarcasm:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom