Interest builds around possible changes to NASCAR schedule

You were talking about tracks being too small. I was providing a recent example of racing on a track too small. I don't call that racing.
Ah, I misunderstood. I thought you were offering that as an example of the opposite, that no track is 'too small'.

F1 visiting countries with backwards views on human rights and massively corrupt governments...not so much.

Sportswashing is the practice of an individual, group, corporation, or nation-state using a major or prestigious international sport to improve its reputation, through hosting a sporting event, the purchase or sponsorship of sporting teams, or by participation in the sport itself. At nation-state level, sportswashing has been used to "direct attention away from a poor human rights record and corruption scandals within local government."

See also how the International Olympic Committee allows itself to be used.

Sportswashing is the practice of an individual, group, corporation, or nation-state using a major or prestigious international sport to improve its reputation, through hosting a sporting event, the purchase or sponsorship of sporting teams, or by participation in the sport itself. At nation-state level, sportswashing has been used to "direct attention away from a poor human rights record and corruption scandals within local government."

See also how the International Olympic Committee allows itself to be used.
Ex. Russia hosts 2014 Olympics promptly annexs Crimea

I could see them doing that for the Nascar Euro series if the interest and $ € is there. I think the mericans would tire easily if the have too many "coliseums" in the schedule.
That's not very realistic. I don't think it would pay off to convert an exisisting sports stadium into a race track for a weekend for a series that no one knows. Even the DTM event at Munich's Olympic Stadium lasted only two years.

That's not very realistic. I don't think it would pay off to convert an exisisting sports stadium into a race track for a weekend for a series that no one knows. Even the DTM event at Munich's Olympic Stadium lasted only two years.

So it was run as a head to head thing as opposed to a normal race?

That's pretty boring, not much racing with the ones I watched. That's a comparison between walking and flying. Eh, if the guys with skin in the game want to try it, whatever. I noticed Euro Nascar isn't having problems in comparison to other forms of racing in Europe.
They obviously didn't get the memo that you can't race on ovals in the rain

1639236595162.png

Back
Top Bottom